22-3A All District Picks

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

79C8742C-B102-44DA-8E97-105505A56EEE.thumb.jpeg.bb31b62a7ec753ee81d3145e5e7a17f1.jpeg

Wow... a couple things stand out on this list, and I saw every team in the district when they came to winnie.

No superlatives for East Chambers is ridiculous 

Green not being on first team is ridiculous.

Keep in mind We were ranked in the top 15 a good portion of the year.

Orangefield only having only 1 guy on 1st team is a joke, Either their coach is the new phil jackson or coaches openly chose to not to vote for EC or Orangefield guys. How is Orangefield even ranked by the looks of this list.

Buna having 3 first teamers is absurd, they squeaked into the playoffs in and barely were 500.

Soapbox over,

34 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Same could be said of EC and OF’s best players. 

Don’t believe that.  They both had others to step up and senior leadership.   So if Ragusa doesn’t play, you think OF doesn’t make playoffs ?   And EC without Perault?  

1 hour ago, Knox34 said:

To me it can’t be done. You take sells off kountze and they are in no different place when the playoffs come. At home watching like us.  You take pete or parrualt off ec or orangefield and things are completely different. To give it to a non playoff team is a disservice to the award. This is not an award to say who the best player in the district in one on one is to me. Maybe I’m wrong 

All of that ^

22 minutes ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

Wow... a couple things stand out on this list, and I saw every team in the district when they came to winnie.

Orangefield only having only 1 guy on 1st team is a joke, Either their coach is the new phil jackson or coaches openly chose to not to vote for EC or Orangefield guys. How is Orangefield even ranked by the looks of this list.

Buna having 3 first teamers is absurd, they squeaked into the playoffs in and barely were 500.

Soapbox over,

Very good points all around.  As stated earlier, Perrault has to get a superlative. Disrespectful to the kid imo. 

11 hours ago, mfd814 said:

Don’t believe that.  They both had others to step up and senior leadership.   So if Ragusa doesn’t play, you think OF doesn’t make playoffs ?   And EC without Perault?  

One and done at best without them. 

13 hours ago, mfd814 said:

I hope you’re being sarcastic.   Or you just don’t know Joub.  He ain’t that guy.   Courts does a lot for Kountze just like Scales.  Courts was the other player for Kountze that averaged double digits.  No one else made 2nd team for them.  
  Difference I saw,  Scales is on a team with multiple talented teammates and senior heavy.  Perhaps he was over looked ,  good thing is he has 3 more years for awards.   
    I figured Sells would get a top award just wasn’t sure which one.  

No I really believe nekkid pictures were circulating at the all district meeting 🙄

5 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

I like that we argue sells had nobody so that’s why they didn’t make playoffs but then turn around and argue courts was good enough to when new comer. I’m just trying to figure this thing out I guess 

Very, very this. 

13 hours ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

Soapbox over,

I think the biggest mistake here is Kirbyville having anyone on the 1st team. No offense to the kid that made 1st team, but they were just a bad basketball team along with Warren and Hardin. On the superlatives its all subjective. However, the district champion having zero superlative awards is really strange. 

13 minutes ago, gogo173489 said:

I think the biggest mistake here is Kirbyville having anyone on the 1st team. No offense to the kid that made 1st team, but they were just a bad basketball team along with Warren and Hardin. On the superlatives its all subjective. However, the district champion having zero superlative awards is really strange. 

I thought so too.

Some folks have personally messaged me asking if it was some sort of conspiracy. I have no idea but highly doubt it.

Kountze didn’t make playoffs because of match ups and having no size advantage.  One freshman ,  one junior who played JV last year.  The tall sophomore underperformed IMO.  Still a baby giraffe.    I look forward to next season.  Not saying because Sells had no help.  He had a little help,  biggest was from the newcomer.   

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I thought so too.

Some folks have personally messaged me asking if it was some sort of conspiracy. I have no idea but highly doubt it.

Some coaches (not in this district) are baffled as well.  

20 hours ago, Elessar said:

79C8742C-B102-44DA-8E97-105505A56EEE.thumb.jpeg.bb31b62a7ec753ee81d3145e5e7a17f1.jpeg

My 2 cents:

My biggest and really only complaint to this list is the same one I have sinse the "watered down pansies" took over.  There should only be 5 on 1st team and 5 on 2nd team.  That's literally what it means.  If a "1st Team" was selected by the coaches to go play another district, there'd be 5.  This is basketball.  1st teamers are "starters" and 2nd teamers are "backups".  If it was really done like intended (like college and NBA) then the superlatives would come off of said teams.  But whatever.

Strange, but I have no problem with the Kountze kid getting MVP.  The coaches voted for it... and the kid can definitely play.  It's odd that the district champ didn't have one of the top 3 supers (mvp, off-mvp, def-mvp).  But they did get COY.  I'm just glad there aren't any Co anything.. I can't stand that.

Also, Newcomer is always weird.  You guys are putting too much into that.. it's literally a person that wasn't varsity last year.  I doubt there were very many options.

Look we all want Kountze to be back.  I’ve said before SETX basketball is better when the Lions are good.  But for point of reference, since Orangefield has dropped down, I think they are like 5-1 against Kountze and the 5 wins have all been beat downs, including two 20+ pieces this year.  So to have 2 of the 4 superlatives go to a team that couldn’t even make the top half of the district is a little laughable.  Surely someone in that room felt that way.  And maybe no one wanted to speak up and tell Joub his team just wasn’t very good.