What In The Heck Is The Black National Anthem?

Reagan

57 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I don’t think this Bus driver liked the Black National Anthem. 😂🤣😂

This Woke 💩 is getting SO OLD! We’re all Americans! Except if you’re here illegally. Just another way to divide US!

The last punch on the sidewalk was the best one. Lmao. I bet he don’t ride that bus anymore. He’ll walk home. 

5 hours ago, Unwoke said:

I don’t think this Bus driver liked the Black National Anthem. 😂🤣😂

This Woke 💩 is getting SO OLD! We’re all Americans! Except if you’re here illegally. Just another way to divide US!

Read the words to the original National Athem then ask me why there is a black national Athem 

Why people like you, lynched, castrated, summarily punished, sold babies from their parents. President James Madison raped his half sister who was a slave, sold her and the baby away.  

Besides some call the song  the black national anthem, some just call it Lift Every voice..  It really ain't your issue to resolve.  So get used to it.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

The topic of this thread is "what the heck is the black national athem?

I know what the topic is!  Unlike you, I have the ability to comprehend what I read.  YOU are the one that brought up your conceived concerns about it.  How on God’s green earth are you able to follow doctors orders as a nurse?  

You brought up the national anthem, no one else.

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

I know what the topic is!  Unlike you, I have the ability to comprehend what I read.  YOU are the one that brought up your conceived concerns about it.  How on God’s green earth are you able to follow doctors orders as a nurse?  

"You brought up the national anthem, no one else. " This is what you said, yet the name of the thread says otherwise 

57 minutes ago, Big girl said:

You brought up the national anthem, no one else.

"You brought up the national anthem, no one else. " This is what you said, yet the name of the thread says otherwise 

You said, read the words to the national anthem and tell why there is a black national anthem.  Good grief, how can somebody be so stupid?  You need to go back and read all the post.  Maybe then you will comprehend something!

12 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Why people like you, lynched, castrated, summarily punished, sold babies from their parents. President James Madison raped his half sister who was a slave, sold her and the baby away.  

Besides some call the song  the black national anthem, some just call it Lift Every voice..  It really ain't your issue to resolve.  So get used to it.

Does that include the Black slave owners who did the same in this country and the Black slave owners and captors in Africa who captured and sold their own people for profit?

Black history seems to be a popular topic which is great but the evil side is ignored. There would be no African slave trade without willing Africans taking control over who gets sold.

“You people” is a mighty broad brush. 

It is not a color issue per se as much as it is a spiritual issue.  Besides, the Africans complicit in the slave trade did not force you to enslave people against their will you did it because you wanted to.

That's history.  The thing that gets me is some of you don't see the cause and effect.  Some holler there should be one unified voice.  There has never been a unified voice..  Probably never will be.  Do what you can when you can but...For every action there is a re action.  As a result some call a song the black national anthem.  I don't call it that, but I understand where that thought pattern came from. 

And I've seen pictures of lynchings. they had cameras back then.  Mind you this is post slavery. Lynchings happen now.  Prosperous black communities were bombed.  Ranchers are being terrorized right now.  Lakes are drying up and people are finding towns that were ransacked and covered over in man made lakes and reservoirs right now. Look at the happy faces in the crowd at lynching pictures. Black slave owners weren't there.  Technically slavery was abolished. if they were there they would have been hanged too just for being there. Those photos tells you all you need to know.  And not just certain groups are capable of this kind of evil.  

7 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Does that include the Black slave owners who did the same in this country and the Black slave owners and captors in Africa who captured and sold their own people for profit?

Black history seems to be a popular topic which is great but the evil side is ignored. There would be no African slave trade without willing Africans taking control over who gets sold.

“You people” is a mighty broad brush. 

This is an inconvenient truth and embarrassing fact that many on this forum want to ignore or not accept.

The spiritual bitterness and denial runs deep for those that can’t except this fact. 

“Nothing in this World is more Dangerous than Sincere Ignorance.”

- MLK Jr. 

I never like to get in the way of somebody's trip in the wrong direction, but you have to ask yourself... "why would Francis Scott Key wake up on the morning after a great battle, half expecting to see that the United States was no more, write a song about it, then suddenly toss in a verse about how much he despised slaves?"  He didn't.  

"The War of 1812 was caused, among other things, by Great Britain’s attempt to restrict U.S. trade and America’s desire to expand its northern territory by annexing Canada. By 1810, more than 15 percent of the U.S. population was enslaved, and British forces recruited escaped slaves to fight for the slaves’ freedom against the American militia. This unit, referred to as the Colonial Marines, was part of the British forces that overran Washington, D.C., in 1814 and 

This is the hidden content, please

So when Key references the “foul footstep’s” of the “hireling and slave” who “no refuge could save” from “the gloom of the grave” in the third verse, he’s referring to the killing of Colonial Marines." 

You can look at it through whatever racially tinged glasses you wish, but sometimes you should just ask your self "why?" 

I'd also like to point out that these black men (the "hirelings and slaves")  joined with British forces to torch the White House.  That really had to bother a slave owner like Francis Scott Key.... But you also have to remember that in his later years Francis Scott Key also won several legal battles that helped slaves gain their freedom.  I also like to point out the similarity between the blacks that fought back against the US government in 1814 were just as seditious and treasonous as the Southerners who did the same thing just 40 short years later.

Time has a funny way of changing the way that people feel about things.  How can one group of people hear the same song and be moved to tears like the Philly Coach at the Super Bowl and the next guy hear the same song and refuse to remove his hat or get out of his seat?  It's all about upbringing.  One group is taught that it's all of us together and the other group is taught to look for things to be be mad about.  In this case a third verse that nobody has ever even heard.  

10 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Did I mention a race or a color?

No but you weren’t accusing White people of lynching White people and selling their babies. 

Toss in the president raping his half sister who was a slave. What was she half of… half New York White person and half Virginia White person?

Nice try but anyone who reads your comment and thinks that you were not talking about race or color is as stupid as the comment.