Tesla moving engineering HQ back to California

Bobcat1

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Reported today in the Houston Chronicle:  New start up in Houston to recycle 1,800 metric tons of lithium batteries to keep minerals in Texas. Capitalism 101 at work. New demand will create new markets (and new jobs). Quit being chicken little about things you just don’t like.

Do you own an electric vehicle?

Good to see capitalism 101 is indeed working. Your statement about disposal keeping up with technological advances missed its mark a tad….. in space lingo. 

On 2/28/2023 at 10:20 AM, UT alum said:

This is the hidden content, please

This is some scary stuff

From the link...

If you want to take this even further down the preverbal road, you combine this with Ray Kurzweil’s (Head of Google Artificial Intelligence) “singularity” theory and Google’s Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen’s ideas which are discussed in their book, “The New Digital Age: Reshaping the Future of People, Nations and Business” and you have some serious changes to technology, human intelligence and business coming down the pike whether you like it or not.

6 hours ago, UT alum said:

Reported today in the Houston Chronicle:  New start up in Houston to recycle 1,800 metric tons of lithium batteries to keep minerals in Texas. Capitalism 101 at work. New demand will create new markets (and new jobs). Quit being chicken little about things you just don’t like.

It is with humor that you are going against the mantra of the left and invoking capitalism. 

7 hours ago, baddog said:

Do you own an electric vehicle?

Good to see capitalism 101 is indeed working. Your statement about disposal keeping up with technological advances missed its mark a tad….. in space lingo. 

No, I don’t. I do a lot of volunteer conservation work that I consider a somewhat of an offset.  I said nothing about keeping up. I was merely pointing out the fact that demand will create ways to be met.

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

It is with humor that you are going against the mantra of the left and invoking capitalism. 

Only extreme liberalism is anti-capitalist. I don’t consider you a fascist just because you are conservative. Only the right wing extremists harbor fascism. But you can paint with whatever brush suits you.

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is some scary stuff

From the link...

If you want to take this even further down the preverbal road, you combine this with Ray Kurzweil’s (Head of Google Artificial Intelligence) “singularity” theory and Google’s Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen’s ideas which are discussed in their book, “The New Digital Age: Reshaping the Future of People, Nations and Business” and you have some serious changes to technology, human intelligence and business coming down the pike whether you like it or not.

I agree.

17 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is some scary stuff

From the link...

I think the movie “Enemy of the State” should fit in here somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...