2023 Astros - Defending WS Champs

I hope you are right. I see Altuve,  and Brantley, who is the 3rd starter out.

who are the 3 pitchers. McCullers was absolutely horrible in the WS last year. He is certainly not the answer. Are the other 2 the ones that just got hurt. However, the starters are not the problem, their are 2 relievers that are not getting the job done

Again I hope you are right

37 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Astros are currently 8th in the American League in runs scored (out of 15 teams) and 3rd in runs allowed (out of 15 teams). They are projected to win 92 games and finish tied for 1st in the West.

I agree that they will have to win the division to make playoffs (don't see a wild card coming out of the division). Astros are currently without 3 starting pitchers and 3 every day players. I like their chances and willing to wager 4 figures to show my confidence.

I agree but they sure have a way of scaring us early in the season.. They will come out of this slump.  Garcia will really be missed.

19 hours ago, rupert3 said:

I agree but they sure have a way of scaring us early in the season.. They will come out of this slump.  Garcia will really be missed.

Yepp, they've hovered around .500 after the first month of pretty much every season since 2017. 

Swept the Cubs. Altuve had a disappointing rehab game.

"He hasn't had a bunch of hits, but he feels good," manager Dusty Baker said of Altuve going a combined 1-for-18. "He's going to go to Corpus and spend a couple of days down there. He knows his timing is off a little bit so he wants to be wide open when he gets here and have everything be back to normal."

2 GB of Rangers 

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Altuve went o’fer in his first game back but I’ll cut him all the slack he needs. His being in the lineup is too valuable. 
Astros beat the A’s 5-1. Alvarez and Tucker are playing lights out at the moment. 

I agree, got them a nice little streak going and are beginning to hit the ball.  Especially Tucker who has been getting winning hits