Port Neches-Groves 39 Nederland 31/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Port Neches-Groves 39 Nederland 31/FINAL
1 hour ago, BigNed2 said:

English did the most with what he had, unfortunately they never had a steady scorer all season. Young group and should be more competitive next season!  

Senior heavy team last year with a deep run. Little rebuild year for him, he’s got some young great talent coming up.

We could just go back to how weak this district is this year. I’m a big coach smith fan but this png team will get slaughtered round one. Hopefully kf89 knows what he’s talking about and it was a young district. I know Nederland for sure is. But let’s just hope for some better basketball next season throughout the district. 

20 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

We could just go back to how weak this district is this year. I’m a big coach smith fan but this png team will get slaughtered round one. Hopefully kf89 knows what he’s talking about and it was a young district. I know Nederland for sure is. But let’s just hope for some better basketball next season throughout the district. 

I agree with the weak overall district basketball play.

18 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

PNG didn’t have 1 win against 5a schools outside that district and several losses to 4a schools if I’m not mistaken. 

Smith did the most with what he had, right? Not much difference between Ned., Crosby, Sterling. Smith won when it counted vs. those district teams. 3-0 vs. Nederland(2-0 in district), 2-0 vs. Sterling & 1-1 vs Crosby.     

55 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

PNG didn’t have 1 win against 5a schools outside that district and several losses to 4a schools if I’m not mistaken. 

Nederland plays similar schedule as PNG(WOS, BC, LCM, Kelly, Vidor, HJ, HF)

Nederland had 1 win against an out of district 5A\6A school this year-Dayton which finished 9-25 \ 0-10 this year. 

0-5 vs. other 5A\6A schools. 1-6 overall

10 wins out of 13 were over 4A\3A\2A schools. Which is the typical Ned schedule the last several years.

2 losses to 4A schools this year.

Nederland was a hot mess that couldn’t score this season.  They are returning all but 1 starter and I think they have 1 other senior that didn’t play but about 20 minutes all season. I’m not calling for Nederland to rule the district next year by any stretch but they will be in a significantly better place than png. Not to mention Nederlands Jv was very good.  

3 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

Nederland was a hot mess that couldn’t score this season.  They are returning all but 1 starter and I think they have 1 other senior that didn’t play but about 20 minutes all season. I’m not calling for Nederland to rule the district next year by any stretch but they will be in a significantly better place than png. Not to mention Nederlands Jv was very good.  

Nederland hasn't been able to score points since the days of Forney, K. Smith & Weisbrod crews.

Nederland always has a few young players developing on varsity, Ned. JV is usually very good also, but that has only translated to 3, 4th place district finishes, 4, 3rd place finishes in district, 1, tie for 1st place in district & an 3-8 playoff record the last 8 years. 4 of those years English had some good players including 4 year starter the 3 star, D1 stud, NBA talented Hefner roaming the dog dome. Dogs should be better next year, but don't count Smith's Indians out with his ability to get the most out of what he has to work with like this year & keep the purple tide coming at the black & gold. 

1 hour ago, Knox34 said:

1 minute ago, Knox34 said:

I do always enjoy png fan with their stats. If you would can you shoot over coach smiths last few season stats to the group when you get time. Would love the break down 

If i'm not mistaken you posted a png win\loses stat first so i just responded with some other stats. 

Far from a png fan, just giving credit to Smith & his players. Man took over a bad png program 4 years ago that was always finishing in last place in district, now he has them finishing in the 4th playoff spot & going 3-0 vs. Nederland.

I didn’t know ragging English was giving smith and his players credit. But Chris did a great job. Not sure why that has to mean English did a bad one. If we want to give Chris his credit let’s not bring down the competition he beat. Smith is in a very hard place to win and got it done!! 

4 minutes ago, Knox34 said:

I didn’t know ragging English was giving smith and his players credit. But Chris did a great job. Not sure why that has to mean English did a bad one. If we want to give Chris his credit let’s not bring down the competition he beat. Smith is in a very hard place to win and got it done!! 

Never said a negative word about English just stated factual records. Like another poster said he did the most with what he had to work with.

My factual records were to say the tide isn’t turning purple. Yours were to bang on a head coach. PNG did a good job of taking advantage of a very poor district and that’s not taking anything away from them this year. They did it others couldn’t. But finishing .500 for first time in forever I don’t think calls for the changing of the guards. If coach smith pulls it off again next season I’ll get my purple shirt out and be ready to agree with you. 

• KF89 locked this topic