Morgan Freeman: Black History Month Is Ridiculous!

Reagan

26 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Where’s your stats? I looked up census numbers in Texas ca. 1860 and over 25 percent of landowners owned slaves.  As adult males represent about half the adult population and women couldn’t own land unless widowed or divorced, and children couldn’t either, I’d say closer to 50% of families had slaves. Where’s your stats?

Where does Nat Butler who was a black man that owned and sold slaves fit into the equation of your percentages?  How would you classify him? He wasn’t the only black man who owned slaves back in those days. 

There is a problem with the History that is taught in American schools. The idea that civilization did not exist in the Americas before European explorers, serves to minimize the Native American people. The propaganda that Columbus discovered America, and that White Europeans built this country with their bare hands is an evil lie. A lie used to marginalize minority contributions in general and Black American contributions in particular. This perpetuated lie creates a belief of White superiority, entitlement, and ownership. Any challenge of these falsehoods reveals White fragility. Knowledge is power and those who withheld Knowledge can no longer hide it. They feel their power slipping through their hands like sand. 

url-2.html

6 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Where does Nat Butler who was a black man that owned and sold slaves fit into the equation of your percentages?  How would you classify him? He wasn’t the only black man who owned slaves back in those days. 

It will get about as much attention from this crowd as the black on black crime that is going on in cities such as Chicago.  Or, black cops killing black criminals.  It doesn’t fit their narrative, so a blind eye gets turned!

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

It will get about as much attention from this crowd as the black on black crime that is going on in cities such as Chicago.  Or, black cops killing black criminals.  It doesn’t fit their narrative, so a blind eye gets turned!

You mean like tyree nichols?

This black on black crime is nonsense when yall use it for an argument. One individual ends up dead and the other ends up behind bars for a good portion of their life. Can you say the same about the cops killing blacks? Are they held accountable and set to the same standards as those black on blacks you mentioned? SMH

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

What about white on white crime? 89% of the murders  committed  against whites are perpetrated by white people.

10 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Just because black people owned slaves doesnt make it right. Slave ownership was an atrosity.

1 minute ago, Big girl said:

Just because black people owned slaves doesnt make it right. Slave ownership was an atrosity.

I never said it was right but America didn’t invent slavery nor was it just a certain race that owned slaves. I like the way you totally overlooked the fact that black people owned slaves also. Did that make your brain short circuit?

3 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Who has ever suggested otherwise?

It wasn’t simply a one sided affair though. Virtually all slaves brought from Africa were captured and sold by Black Africans.  Then in this country, some were bought by Black Africans. So we had Africans capturing Africans purely for profit and ended up selling them as a commodity to Africans.

To act like Black Africans’ hands weren’t dirty in the process is ignoring history. If Blacks had not captured Blacks for profit, there would have been no African slave trade in North America. 

10 hours ago, Spyder53 said:

There is a problem with the History that is taught in American schools. The idea that civilization did not exist in the Americas before European explorers, serves to minimize the Native American people. The propaganda that Columbus discovered America, and that White Europeans built this country with their bare hands is an evil lie. A lie used to marginalize minority contributions in general and Black American contributions in particular. This perpetuated lie creates a belief of White superiority, entitlement, and ownership. Any challenge of these falsehoods reveals White fragility. Knowledge is power and those who withheld Knowledge can no longer hide it. They feel their power slipping through their hands like sand. 

url-2.html 1.26 kB · 5 downloads

Ahhhh, yes…. the straw man again.

I remember history in junior high school in the mid 1960s and I never heard anything near a claim that there was no civilization in the Americas before Europeans arrived. When did this become a teaching that Europeans were the first civilization in the Americas? It wasn’t taught 50 years ago when I was in school. 

The only perpetual lie is that this is being taught.

And yes, Columbus did discover that there was a continent that was unknown to Asians, Europeans and Africans. Those continents were connected by land. They were not connected to the Americas. 

The Columbus voyages started what is known as the Columbian Exchange. Technology, foods, etc. began to be exchanged worldwide whereas much of it was unknown. As an example, today Italian food is widely associated with tomato based foods yet tomatoes came from native Americans. Prior to Columbus, there was no pasta dishes as we know them today. On the other hand, horses which are in many cased associated with some plains Indians in the Americas, came from Europe.  There would have been no horse culture among some Native American tribes had it not been for Europeans. Those exchanges of cultures were started by Columbus.

For I suppose for woke political purposes, that part of history is ignored. 

16 hours ago, UT alum said:

Where’s your stats? I looked up census numbers in Texas ca. 1860 and over 25 percent of landowners owned slaves.  As adult males represent about half the adult population and women couldn’t own land unless widowed or divorced, and children couldn’t either, I’d say closer to 50% of families had slaves. Where’s your stats?

Post your link

16 hours ago, UT alum said:

I hate politifact and they still have it under 10%

This is the hidden content, please

7 hours ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

This black on black crime is nonsense when yall use it for an argument. One individual ends up dead and the other ends up behind bars for a good portion of their life. Can you say the same about the cops killing blacks? Are they held accountable and set to the same standards as those black on blacks you mentioned? SMH

Crickets 

9 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Ahhhh, yes…. the straw man again.

I remember history in junior high school in the mid 1960s and I never heard anything near a claim that there was no civilization in the Americas before Europeans arrived. When did this become a teaching that Europeans were the first civilization in the Americas? It wasn’t taught 50 years ago when I was in school. 

The only perpetual lie is that this is being taught.

And yes, Columbus did discover that there was a continent that was unknown to Asians, Europeans and Africans. Those continents were connected by land. They were not connected to the Americas. 

The Columbus voyages started what is known as the Columbian Exchange. Technology, foods, etc. began to be exchanged worldwide whereas much of it was unknown. As an example, today Italian food is widely associated with tomato based foods yet tomatoes came from native Americans. Prior to Columbus, there was no pasta dishes as we know them today. On the other hand, horses which are in many cased associated with some plains Indians in the Americas, came from Europe.  There would have been no horse culture among some Native American tribes had it not been for Europeans. Those exchanges of cultures were started by Columbus.

For I suppose for woke political purposes, that part of history is ignored. 

Sir, your attempt to throw shade with the Straw man quip is actually comical. If attempting to repute what I said, mentioning the Columbian Exchange was quite Straw man like of you. American history taught with a European slant states Columbus DISCOVERED AMERICA. It is IMPOSSIBLE THAT COLUMBUS DISCOVERED America.  Your statement (And yes, Columbus did discover that there was a continent that was unknown to Asians, Europeans and Africans) is erroneous at best, but in all reality is nonsensical. It is proven that Africans and Chinese were in the Americas thousands of years before Columbus. Even Columbus stated the Native Americans told him of African explorers. The Vikings were in the Americas 500 years before Columbus. The Columbian Exchange you so proudly mentioned is the exchange of biological entities. (Vegetables and Germs). Not merchandise) Vegetables which helped  bolster the deficient diet of  Europeans . AND GERMS These germs from Europe killed millions of Native Americans. Don't gloss tell it all. Better yet find a real history book to read. 

8 hours ago, Spyder53 said:

Sir, your attempt to throw shade with the Straw man quip is actually comical. If attempting to repute what I said, mentioning the Columbian Exchange was quite Straw man like of you. American history taught with a European slant states Columbus DISCOVERED AMERICA. It is IMPOSSIBLE THAT COLUMBUS DISCOVERED America.  Your statement (And yes, Columbus did discover that there was a continent that was unknown to Asians, Europeans and Africans) is erroneous at best, but in all reality is nonsensical. It is proven that Africans and Chinese were in the Americas thousands of years before Columbus. Even Columbus stated the Native Americans told him of African explorers. The Vikings were in the Americas 500 years before Columbus. The Columbian Exchange you so proudly mentioned is the exchange of biological entities. (Vegetables and Germs). Not merchandise) Vegetables which helped  bolster the deficient diet of  Europeans . AND GERMS These germs from Europe killed millions of Native Americans. Don't gloss tell it all. Better yet find a real history book to read. 

Your revisionist history is comical.

The Africans and Vikings have no part in the history.

Nice diversion however. Point out the schools that are teaching that there was no civilization in the Americas before Europeans arrived. 

OMG… schools are teaching that there was no civilization before Europeans showed up. How wrong!!!

Yes, it would be Mr. Straw Man, if it was true. 

22 hours ago, Boyz N Da Hood said:

On 2/23/2023 at 7:59 AM, tvc184 said:

Who has ever suggested otherwise?

It wasn’t simply a one sided affair though. Virtually all slaves brought from Africa were captured and sold by Black Africans.  Then in this country, some were bought by Black Africans. So we had Africans capturing Africans purely for profit and ended up selling them as a commodity to Africans.

To act like Black Africans’ hands weren’t dirty in the process is ignoring history. If Blacks had not captured Blacks for profit, there would have been no African slave trade in North America. 

This is the hidden content, please

On 2/24/2023 at 2:41 AM, tvc184 said:

Your revisionist history is comical.

The Africans and Vikings have no part in the history.

Nice diversion however. Point out the schools that are teaching that there was no civilization in the Americas before Europeans arrived. 

OMG… schools are teaching that there was no civilization before Europeans showed up. How wrong!!!

Yes, it would be Mr. Straw Man, if it was true. 

What? Please explain.