Lamar Baseball 2023

snakehead26

It didn’t take the Cardinals long to head back home  Another 0-2 conference tournament showing under Davis tenure 

4 errors and poor hitting again

Davis coached teams are now 1-8 in conference tournaments. His coaching record at Lamar is poor also

It is time for Lamar to send Davis and Hooks packing. It should be obvious that they can’t get the job done

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Davis sucks, that’s all. Time for new leadership.

FACTS. Was given a chance with no proven head coaching exp. by a terrible AD & it showed. Lamar AD needs to seek out coaches with legit winning resumes like LSU-Eunice head coach.  

8 hours ago, KF89 said:

FACTS. Was given a chance with no proven head coaching exp. by a terrible AD & it showed. Lamar AD needs to seek out coaches with legit winning resumes like LSU-Eunice head coach.  

Almost every parent that’s had a kid play for Lamar since Davis has been there that I’ve talked to has zero good things to say about him. My personal opinion is he misses out on a lot of local talent, but word is out on him now.

Don't believe Lamar will remove Davis with 2 years remaining (I think this is accurate) on his contract.  However, next year could be it.  If Snedeker moves on elsewhere and pitchere with eligibility follow or go other places....next year could be a nightmare and the end of the Davis Era.   

For those that believe pitching was an issue, Snedeker is mentioned in quite a few articles as a candidate for the Mississippi State pitching coach.  If you think we can do better in Beaumont America, we have a difference of opinion. 

The information that I have always received is that Davis refuses to let his assistants coach.  The pitching coach may be a good one, but if the head coach tries to do everything himself it doesn’t matter 

Lamar needs to get rid of Davis, even if you have to buy his contract out and please get rid of Hooks also

4 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Almost every parent that’s had a kid play for Lamar since Davis has been there that I’ve talked to has zero good things to say about him. My personal opinion is he misses out on a lot of local talent, but word is out on him now.

I agree.

Nichols v. UNO was won by Nicholls. Nicholls now waits to see who they meet on Saturday with a loss available to them but not their opponent.  Quite possibly the best SLC game I personally witnessed this year.  Errorless game with a few nice defensive plays and quality pitching. 

Hopefully, Lamar can be involved in a quality game with that much on the line in the near future.  Will they?  We shall see.

Side note, while McNeese's facility is decent, the best part was taking a leak and not wondering if I'm standing in water or other people's urine.  

Spidersal, you wonder if Lamar cares about baseball...hiring a good plumbing outfit for a few days might be a good start.  While we are all complaining here...Lamar has some of the best facilities in the SLC, well until you step in the biggest seating capacity for a baseball stadium in the conference yet also the most worn baseball stadium one could imagine. The trailer park coaches offices, 1 previously mentioned restroom and the big one behind 1st base might be worse, chain link fence improperly installed in the "lawn chair" sections (this seems nit picky until you take a good look at it), and much more that could be cleaned up, replaced, or put together properly would be nice.  Some on here are wanting Davis removed and whether he should be or not I will leave that for you all.  The facility is becoming an eye sore more and more each season and that alone would cause problems for anyone with recruiting. 

54 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Yes, I agree Another quality thought that leads me to believe that Lamar’s athletic office and administration do not care about athletics 

I will hold of judgement as much of the administration is new.  Urgent concern though and it's time for upgrades, proper maintenance, and genuine commitment.  

I complained last year about the nasty restrooms, along with the concession stand, which is a 3rd party outfit running out of water (basic necessities for older folks when it’s 95 degrees). If I remember right the stadium was expanded when they brought in the Golden Gators years ago. Personally, they need to revamp the whole thing. Go for a nicer smaller new stadium. I know it cost money, but a nice 3k seat stadium with a cover over stands, new locker rooms, restrooms, and concession stands ran somebody other who’s running it right now would be nice. Also, while I’m on the soapbox 😁 there’s a small ditch in sidewalk as you walk through the front gates that’s taken out Atleast a dozen elderly people in the last couple of years.

43 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I complained last year about the nasty restrooms, along with the concession stand, which is a 3rd party outfit running out of water (basic necessities for older folks when it’s 95 degrees). If I remember right the stadium was expanded when they brought in the Golden Gators years ago. Personally, they need to revamp the whole thing. Go for a nicer smaller new stadium. I know it cost money, but a nice 3k seat stadium with a cover over stands, new locker rooms, restrooms, and concession stands ran somebody other who’s running it right now would be nice. Also, while I’m on the soapbox 😁 there’s a small ditch in sidewalk as you walk through the front gates that’s taken out Atleast a dozen elderly people in the last couple of years.

Preach!