Lamar Baseball 2023

snakehead26

1 minute ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

McNeese, AMCC, and Northwestern will all be 12-12 if UIW finishes off AMCC.  They are all 3-3 in the 3way head to head.  No idea what the SLC next step is in the tiebreaker. 

I think they look at their record against the highest seed until one or more are separated. So they would look at Nicholls, UIW, Lamar. Northwestern is 2-1 versus Nicholls and the other two are 1-2 so Northwestern would be the higher seed.

Then I think the next seed would be determined by the head to head between McNeese and Northwestern. That would be the single elimination game.

Of course who knows I the Southland site is not so good.

16 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Looks like. 4 seed New Orleans won the series vs Lamar and that is only 2 teams at 13-11

Lamar took 2 games in the opening series of conference from UNO.  I get confused with all the times I have looked at things as well.  Really doesn't matter as the 3 and 4 seeds play in the first round. 

Hang in there Spider, I know today's outcomes almost made you smile. You can still complain about the season overall and keep things normal in here.  😀

darn my seedings came out correctly on that Northwestern.

Lamar couldn't have asked for a better day today.

It really all depends who plays well next week. I think any of the teams could win the tournament.

Actually, I expected much more out of this season as well especially from the bats. So I have not been happy with a lot of the outcomes myself.

1 hour ago, snakehead26 said:

darn my seedings came out correctly on that Northwestern.

Lamar couldn't have asked for a better day today.

It really all depends who plays well next week. I think any of the teams could win the tournament.

Actually, I expected much more out of this season as well especially from the bats. So I have not been happy with a lot of the outcomes myself.

Dang, you sound like the Spider!  Yes, that was a jab at both of you.

Overall, it has been a bit disappointing, but they do have the talent to win the tournament.  

Personal note.  While the tournament is fun, it is the IMO the worst possible way to determine the conference rep in a 1 bid conference.  Week after week of conference play and then determine the rep with a few days of play is silly even though it has been around and in multiple sports for who knows how long. Again, my basically useless opinion. 

Great day for Lamar and just having a little fun with you guys.   See you all at 2:30 on Wednesday. 

I agree with you. I don’t like the idea of the tournament winner outcome either. You play all of those conference games and determine the regional qualifier with just a few tournament games. IMO, the conference champion should get the bid and do away with the tournament ( at least on all the conferences that only get 1 team to regionals)

49 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I agree with you. I don’t like the idea of the tournament winner outcome either. You play all of those conference games and determine the regional qualifier with just a few tournament games. IMO, the conference champion should get the bid and do away with the tournament ( at least on all the conferences that only get 1 team to regionals)

That was originally known as the "Lamar rule". Lamar baseball and basketball were so good in the late 70s and early 80s that Lamar finished first in the conference standings almost every year. So the SLC joined the bigger conferences with the tournament to try to keep Lamar from getting the bid every year.

Well it looks like Lamar made a safe trip to Lake Charles, however someone forget to load the bats. The pitching was actually pretty good except for the starter, but the hitting stumbled 

As usual Davis teams are now 1-7 in conference tournament play and I look for them to be 1-8 after tomorrow and headed home for the summer

The interesting question is will the new AD make changes in the baseball and softball programs or will they keep Davis and Hooks and continue to settle for poor performing programs