Little Cypress-Mauriceville 42 Lumberton 32/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Little Cypress-Mauriceville 42 Lumberton 32/FINAL
1 hour ago, Knox34 said:

I would like those coach Mitchell fans to explain to me how a team for holding the ball for 6 minutes in 1 quarter while losing by 6-8 is great coaching.  

My understanding is he did it in the 2nd period. Halftime was tied 16/16. So if he was down at that time and ended up with a tie, im unsure of the issue? Proba ly not fun as a fan but He probably keeping the score close to give himself a shot. It's classic Mitchell. He knew he was outgunned most likely giving his team a chance with low score. 

1 hour ago, Knox34 said:

I would like those coach Mitchell fans to explain to me how a team for holding the ball for 6 minutes in 1 quarter while losing by 6-8 is great coaching.  

I understand that LCM didn't pressure the ball either. It really is a both way issue to me. But as a fan, I wouldn't like to watch it either. I'd like to see more possessions too. 

Man when you lose by 10 and you cut your teams momentum and energy by standing around and cut their opportunities of scoring and getting in a flow that seems like a game killer to me. But I was not there and it seems like it didn’t turn out the way he was hoping. When lumberton did beat Lcm I don’t recall him trying to keep it in the 30’s. One would think you try to repeat that game plan 

22 hours ago, Knox34 said:

It’s hard to question the lcm coach for not pressuring the ball up by 8 and other team is standing at half court  

My thoughts too.  Why would I pressure the ball when I have a 2-3 possession lead and I’m essentially being given an opportunity to rest my players and shorten the game?  I might have questioned Jeffcoat if he HAD pressured the ball in that instant. 

Good win for the Bears though.  Seems like they are getting stuff figured out and may be separating themselves from the rest of the field.