East Chambers 47 Orangefield 38/FINAL

4 minutes ago, whsalum said:

To me it's about match ups. Kountze just can't match up with Anahuac. Too big.

I borrowed this from Mike but it hits the nail on the head. Basketball has always been and always will be about the matchups. Shooting nights will come and go but bad matchups are hard to overcome!! 

I think you are both correct about matchups, but shooting has also certainly played a large factor.  Certainly seems to be some matchup issues with the different teams.  We might see it play out some this week OF has Anahuac and Kountze on the road.  I think the Bobcats guards gave Anahuac issues in the first half and OF does have some size.  I do think the Kountze game could play out much differently if they can hit the proverbial broad side of the barn this time around.  On paper that one should be much closer than it was at least. 

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I think you are both correct about matchups, but shooting has also certainly played a large factor.  Certainly seems to be some matchup issues with the different teams.  We might see it play out some this week OF has Anahuac and Kountze on the road.  I think the Bobcats guards gave Anahuac issues in the first half and OF does have some size.  I do think the Kountze game could play out much differently if they can hit the proverbial broad side of the barn this time around.  On paper that one should be much closer than it was at least. 

Anahuac is a matchup that Kountze desperately misses the older Sells kid, from a basketball perspective. Lost 90% of our height and a lot of our edge, for a lack of a better word. Eh, maybe next year.

On 2/4/2023 at 5:30 PM, JimAdler said:

That makes more sense.  I haven't seen any basketball games this year.  Just going off what you guys say on here.  WHICH of these teams has the best shot at being at the top the next 2/3 years ?

I believe EC and Ktz will be the big dawgs next year, both have some good lil ball players coming up from 8th grade that can help out and EC also has the two kids on JV that’ll eligible to play next year. Everyone else is losing a lot and not replacing with too much.

20 minutes ago, SportsFever409 said:

I believe EC and Ktz will be the big dawgs next year, both have some good lil ball players coming up from 8th grade that can help out and EC also has the two kids on JV that’ll eligible to play next year. Everyone else is losing a lot and not replacing with too much.

Not sure of the 8th grade group at OF, but I know the 7th graders didn't lose a district game this year - None were even close. I believe they also won Little Dribbers Nationals last year and a lot of them play on an AAU team.  

1 hour ago, SportsFever409 said:

Where did they move in from?

BIG week for a few teams this week. 

OF going to Anahuac and to Kountze with second place finish on the line.

Buna going to Anahuac and to EC i believe they have to win at least one of these to keep their playoff hopes alive 

Kountze going to kirbyville and gets OF at home with a slip up to kirbyville can put buna right back in the hunt