East Chambers 47 Orangefield 38/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to East Chambers 47 Orangefield 38/FINAL
12 hours ago, Knox34 said:

Sounds like ec controlled the whole game pretty much?  Really thought bobcats would play this one closer 

Bobcats jumped out to a 7-0 lead. EC tied it at 13 in 2nd Q and then never trailed the rest of the game.

After leading 19-17 at half, EC extended lead to 8, 26-18, early 3rd. Lead got as much as 12 in 2nd half with Orangefield getting no closer than 5 points, 41-36, late 4th.

One glaring stat from last night. OF was 1/16 from 3 land.

Also, EC fought foul trouble all game. Had two starters foul out with two others end with 4 fouls.

After seeing these two teams play each other twice, I think EC is just the better overall team.

14 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

This district is weird!!!!

Anahuac beat Ktz

Ktz beat EC

EC beat oF twice 

OF smoked AP & Ktz

Are the top 4 nearly interchangeable ?

On any given night.  Throw Buna in there too.  Basketball on all levels often boils down to whether you make shots or not.  Obviously defense has something to do with it too but with some of these teams, that’s the big variable.  At this point, it certainly appears EC is the most consistent team.  Fortunately for them, that’s been a trademark of theirs for many years.  I wonder what the constant is there?

28 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

This district is weird!!!!

Anahuac beat Ktz

Ktz beat EC

EC beat oF twice 

OF smoked AP & Ktz

Are the top 4 nearly interchangeable ?

I honestly don't think it's that weird.

EC beat Kountze first time around by 20. That Kountze win was somewhat of a perfect storm. EC did not play EC ball that night. (attempted 16 three's in 1st half, that's basically what they shoot for an entire game)

To me it's about match ups. Kountze just can't match up with Anahuac. Too big.

Anahuac's lack of guard play gets exposed against EC and OF.

Buna is that team that just hangs around in games and can come up and beat you.

I believe EC is the best team and Orangefield is the 2nd best team and Anahuac 3rd.

It's basically playing out like I expected it to go.

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I honestly don't think it's that weird.

EC beat Kountze first time around by 20. That Kountze win was somewhat of a perfect storm. EC did not play EC ball that night. (attempted 16 three's in 1st half, that's basically what they shoot for an entire game)

To me it's about match ups. Kountze just can't match up with Anahuac. Too big.

Anahuac's lack of guard play gets exposed against EC and OF.

Buna is that team that just hangs around in games and can come up and beat you.

I believe EC is the best team and Orangefield is the 2nd best team and Anahuac 3rd.

It's basically playing out like I expected it to go.

That makes more sense.  I haven't seen any basketball games this year.  Just going off what you guys say on here.  WHICH of these teams has the best shot at being at the top the next 2/3 years ?

No need to get upset.... we respect winning in mid-county. 

3 minutes ago, LoydW said:

Wrong. Perrault always been here and green since junior high. Need some cheese for that whine?

Relax bud, no need to get upset. People aren't oblivious to what goes on despite what you think. I think his brother Bruce Green had a great career at HJ. I think the youngest brother went back to BISD. 

Funny to chirp about stats and then get offended about the worst kept secret in SETX.  Tigee ruffled a lot of feathers because some of the Jefferson County boys stopped and went to school at HF before they got deeper into Chambers County. 

But 900 is a heckuva accomplishment for sure and Sutherland is a hall of fame coach with or without the Beaumont kids.  And speaking of stats, looked like most of Winnie had that one on t shirts after game.  And don’t mistake that as begrudgingly.  Aren’t many guys in the country who have hit that number.  And I’m not sure how old Todd is exactly but he looks great.  I would think that speedometer could flip a few more times before it’s all said and done. 

Good luck to the Bucs in the playoffs. Barring a really deep run for BOTH teams, should be pulling for the guys in green every round too.