Anahuac 62 Kountze 43/FINAL

12 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I’ll say it again, when the 3 ball is falling the Lions can beat anyone . When they aren’t the long rebounds and run outs can make anyone look average. It’s a tough formula for long term success 

I don’t disagree. I think as a team they will be improved next year and can make a hell of a run by Zach Sells senior year

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Anahuac 62 Kountze 43/FINAL
35 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Those nights are the worst…

Yeah it’s true, Kountze needs the 3 ball to be falling, just the way they currently are constructed, but tonight was a lot more than the “live by the 3 die by the 3” mantra. They were not jacking up 3s, they were trying to get into the body of the bigs and get to the rack as well. Nothing was going down, all night. Top that off with the defensive effort and miscues, it was a rough night for our boys. They will be fine, one tough night does not define this group, just like one big win Tuesday at EC doesn’t either. Long road ahead for this bunch.

10 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

Were you at the game tonight?

No sir. Ive seen them play several times this year and they can look really good or pretty average depending on the shot selection. No doubt Zach Sells is a great player to build around, he’s already special. I think they’ll be solid as they get a little more size to em. That’s when they’ll start to excel , when they can start to beat ya up a little on the defensive end of the floor. Very unusual to be in the playoff hunt with all sophomores and freshman but Joub has got em there. He’ll get the most out of em. 

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

They beat EC but get blown out by Anahuac and Orangefield.  Inconsistency is no surprise with super young teams like the Lions.  As is customary, I’m sure that will improve as they gain experience.  Good news is the ceiling appears pretty high. 

Agree.

That inconsistency could see the positive swing when the Lions host Orangefield. EC handled Kountze first time around as did OF.

14 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Those kinda nights are tough especially for a team like Kountze 

The strange thing to me is, Ktz loses a lot of games at home over the years where they shoot bad in their own gym.  I've had this discussion with dj many times and it definitely is a head scratcher.