500,000 new jobs in January. Unemployment lowest in 53 years. Biden’s a loser?

UT alum

4 minutes ago, baddog said:

Could you supply a link please?

Wow, what a jobs report!

From CNN's David Goldman

Wall Street economists expected the US economy to add 185,000 jobs in January...and instead it added 517,000. Oh, and the unemployment rate fell to a 53-year low.

This is the hidden content, please

6 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Wow, what a jobs report!

From CNN's David Goldman

Wall Street economists expected the US economy to add 185,000 jobs in January...and instead it added 517,000. Oh, and the unemployment rate fell to a 53-year low.

Thanks. I’ll do like Big Girl and say….cnn and wsj????

Here’s my twist. When an entire country is shut down for Covid, people lose their jobs for refusing the vaccines, thousands of businesses fail from Covid regulations, you can’t say you created jobs if and when they return to work. Plus, 2022 stock market had the worst year in over a decade. 

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

Here’s my twist. When an entire country is shut down for Covid, people lose their jobs for refusing the vaccines, thousands of businesses fail from Covid regulations, you can’t say you created jobs if and when they return to work. Plus, 2022 stock market had the worst year in over a decade. 

I looked on Fox News first, but when I saw an article about Duchess Meghan Markel on the front page, I figured it had to be a slow news day for them. 

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

There’s the spin. The jobs weren’t there now they are. If they weren’t created, what verb would you use?  Stock markets rise, they fall, they rise, they fall.

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

You have to use the search bar in order to find this on Fox News. 

9 minutes ago, UT alum said:

There’s the spin. The jobs weren’t there now they are. If they weren’t created, what verb would you use?  Stock markets rise, they fall, they rise, they fall.

You seem intelligent but sometimes you leave wondering how you can think like that. Really, you didn’t read my post. 
I said it was a spin, but it is true. 

22 minutes ago, baddog said:

Aren’t you the guy who told me “stop being negative” in another post when I pointed out the failures of the previous presidency lol

41 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Can you point out what policies biden put in place to create the jobs?

Be specific.

Infrastructure, policies leading us out of the pandemic, expanding domestic oil production, using his international leadership experience to help repair supply lines, investing in domestic chip production. Want more? That’s just off the top of my head.

I worked for 52 years before retiring.  Now, on a fixed income, my retirement is not enough to sustain me from the astronomical inflation of the Biden administration.  Glad he’s allegedly created jobs but I’m confident that there are millions more hurt by Biden’s economic ineptitude than are being helped.  Just my personal opinion.

39 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Infrastructure, policies leading us out of the pandemic, expanding domestic oil production, using his international leadership experience to help repair supply lines, investing in domestic chip production. Want more? That’s just off the top of my head.

And none of it is true.  I asked for specifics, not stuff you make up.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

And none of it is true.  I asked for specifics, not stuff you make up.

That’s the conservative way:  if you don like it call the other guy a liar. It’s all true. It has all been done. If you want to debate whether or not it’s crated jobs, fine. But don’t call me a fecking liar.

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Still waiting on those links to back up your claims.

“Infrastructure, policies leading us out of the pandemic, expanding domestic oil production, using his international leadership experience to help repair supply lines, investing in domestic chip production.“ - UTAlum

What infrastructure? What policies leading us out of pandemic? You mean slowly opening back up a country that should have never been locked down in the first place. He tried to mandate that poison for every American but the courts slapped his butt down, expanding domestic oil production 😂Now that’s a good one! He’s drained out strategic oil supply!😂 Using his international experience to get his son to set aside 10% for the Big Guy. 😂

Where’s the chip production being done at? He may be producing Bull Chips… that’s about it.!

What a load of 💩!

19 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

“Infrastructure, policies leading us out of the pandemic, expanding domestic oil production, using his international leadership experience to help repair supply lines, investing in domestic chip production.“ - UTAlum

What infrastructure? What policies leading us out of pandemic? You mean slowly opening back up a country that should have never been locked down in the first place. He tried to mandate that poison for every American but the courts slapped his butt down, expanding domestic oil production 😂Now that’s a good one! He’s drained out strategic oil supply!😂 Using his international experience to get his son to set aside 10% for the Big Guy. 😂

Where’s the chip production being done at? He may be producing Bull Chips… that’s about it.!

What a load of 💩!

We live on different planets. We should have led the world in pandemic protection (remember American exceptionalism?) Trump though he new more than all the experts combined. That is leadership failure. They just broke ground on a tunnel from NY to NJ. The fed just leased a lot of offshore drilling land. They’re working on upgrading the Alaska pipeline. “Son and big guy…” is conspiracy tripe. He has a plan that is investing $50 billion into domestic chip production. Think what you will. Makes not one whit of difference to me.

13 minutes ago, UT alum said:

We live on different planets. We should have led the world in pandemic protection (remember American exceptionalism?) Trump though he new more than all the experts combined. That is leadership failure. They just broke ground on a tunnel from NY to NJ. The fed just leased a lot of offshore drilling land. They’re working on upgrading the Alaska pipeline. “Son and big guy…” is conspiracy tripe. He has a plan that is investing $50 billion into domestic chip production. Think what you will. Makes not one whit of difference to me.

I didn’t realize someone could pile manure that high. Good Grief! Smh

The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly. - George Carlin

Democratic math.

Unemployment is how many people are looking for work. It doesn’t include people who aren’t working and aren’t looking.

So the spin is that this “lowest unemployment” is not how many people are working as it doesn’t include the people who have simply given up.

The percentage of people working today is about 3.5% less than were G  Bush left office. So a smaller percentage of the population is working and that is claimed as “lowest since” unemployment.

So when people quit working, it is claimed as proof of prosperity.  

14 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I didn’t realize someone could pile manure that high. Good Grief! Smh

The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly. - George Carlin

I am not obedient. I am not virtuous. I don’t know how old you are, but George Carlin got famous when I was about 15. I know what he would be saying about gun control, drugs, the homeless, Black Lives Matter, the immigrant, the Trump debacle, and I don’t think you’d like it. He’d poke fun at Biden and Democrats too, but it wouldn’t be dark