Jasper 69 West Orange-Stark 68/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Jasper 69 West Orange-Stark 68/FINAL

Mitchell would have “Red Rovered” the heck out of that lead.  You would have seen a whole different version of the “picket fence” that whole 4th quarter.  

Watch the Mustangs give Silsbee their biggest challenge in the 2nd half of district though (which could be simply less than 30 but still). 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Mitchell would have “Red Rovered” the heck out of that lead.  You would have seen a whole different version of the “picket fence” that whole 4th quarter.  

Watch the Mustangs give Silsbee their biggest challenge in the 2nd half of district though (which could be simply less than 30 but still). 

If it were in Orange, maybe. Game is in Silsbee and I see another 35 point beat down.

I think LC-M will play Silsbee real tough in that last district game at The Grove. Also, Silsbee goes to Jasper this Friday. That could be a closer game as well from the last time.

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

We can't blame coaches or players these days

2 weeks in a row seems like they were in a pretty good situation to come out with 2 DUBS. I was at this game and saw him put the bench in the 3rd and 4th. He allowed 3 point shots within 5 seconds of crossing half court in the 4th. With a lead like that, you protect it and some clock management (play 4 corner spread and delay). He never took a timeout when Japser made a 10 point run. I know basketball and he didn't have a good game. The kids flat out hustle probably more than anyone. They also missed a lot of easy layups and putbacks. That happens in HS ball but a lot of opportunities were left on the floor. WOS couldve had 30 point lead at half. Parents around me were very honest too that they have had similar issues most of the season. Thisnis a young squad and getting better each week. They will upset someone in the hunt this year. 

7 minutes ago, cb3plus3 said:

2 weeks in a row seems like they were in a pretty good situation to come out with 2 DUBS. I was at this game and saw him put the bench in the 3rd and 4th. He allowed 3 point shots within 5 seconds of crossing half court in the 4th. With a lead like that, you protect it and some clock management (play 4 corner spread and delay). He never took a timeout when Japser made a 10 point run. I know basketball and he didn't have a good game. The kids flat out hustle probably more than anyone. They also missed a lot of easy layups and putbacks. That happens in HS ball but a lot of opportunities were left on the floor. WOS couldve had 30 point lead at half. Parents around me were very honest too that they have had similar issues most of the season. Thisnis a young squad and getting better each week. They will upset someone in the hunt this year. 

Correct. Our kids have played their butts off. Just to make some of these games close. The same athleticism that almost won on the field in the fall. Sounds like a lil direction would go a long way and in game coaching would make the difference. And to hear it from outsiders with no dog in the fight confirms my suspensions. Just like when aggies said the game was lost on the sideline last fall. 

One common denominator for all this is... I've already said too much.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Correct. Our kids have played their butts off. Just to make some of these games close. The same athleticism that almost won on the field in the fall. Sounds like a lil direction would go a long way and in game coaching would make the difference. And to hear it from outsiders with no dog in the fight confirms my suspensions. Just like when aggies said the game was lost on the sideline last fall. 

One common denominator for all this is...I can finish it - Superintendent. 

He's ran off some great teachers by the choices he's made in hiring on campus leadership, I think the same could be said about coaching as well.  

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I saw a couple times he was distracted by students behind him then the floor. I tell you, I really like the Davis brothers. I did see a little selfish ball at times by the PG by not kicking the ball out. He wanted the fouls and didn't get but about 35% of the calls. They had open looks outside when they drove in. This team is so good defensively though. #25 got in foul trouble, #11 did too and hurt them in the 4th with his skills. 11 can shoot too. As a freshman he's a good player. 

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

One common denominator for all this is...I can finish it - Superintendent. 

He's ran off some great teachers by the choices he's made in hiring on campus leadership, I think the same could be said about coaching as well.  

His authority has grown since the November board meeting. He is now authorized to make hires without board approval. Maybe this is standard practice. I'm just getting my toes wet on the political/administration aspect. Still time to decide for a run or not.