Kountze 67 East Chambers 64/FINAL

2 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Is Kountze that good or has EC peaked?  EC played close games their last few games - some of which I thought would be blow outs.  

OF beat Kountze by 23 points then OF lost to EC by almost the same.  

This district is going to be interesting! 

When shots are falling Kountze can beat anyone.  When they aren’t, they will struggle (a la OF).  I’ve thought EC was the second best team in the district all year but they got a comfortable win in Winnie.  We will see how it goes Friday.  But there isn’t a great margin between any of the top 5 teams in that district (adding Anahuac and Buna).  Any can beat the other (even comfortably) on any given night. 

To say Kountze struggles with consistency is a massive understatement. But it’s pretty expected from a team that returned 1 Varsity starter, 0 Seniors, and a swarm of Sophomores. The two Juniors play some big time minutes though. With the 8th grader coming, Kountze can be a real problem in the next 2-3 years. If they could get the older brother back they would be that much better. Either way, the next couple years should be a fun ride.

2 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

To say Kountze struggles with consistency is a massive understatement. But it’s pretty expected from a team that returned 1 Varsity starter, 0 Seniors, and a swarm of Sophomores. The two Juniors play some big time minutes though. With the 8th grader coming, Kountze can be a real problem in the next 2-3 years. If they could get the older brother back they would be that much better. Either way, the next couple years should be a fun ride.

I’ve seen Kountze play several times this year and Zach Sells is the real deal. I think Kountze’s inconsistency is more about their shot selection than their age. When the 3’s are falling anyone is in trouble but that’s a dangerous formula for long term success. The one thing that will improve with age is their defense, they will get bigger and stronger which will make them better. Congratulations on a big win Lions!