Barbers Hill 52 Goose Creek Memorial 47/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Barbers Hill 52 Goose Creek Memorial 47/FINAL
11 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

GCM is too undisciplined of a team to win a district championship.

So when you say team, I assume you are referring to the coaches🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, because the kids are only doing what they are allowed to do 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️. They have a height and athleticism advantage over most district opponents, yet they keep shooting 3 pointers. Can’t make this stuff up.

2 years in a row GCM lost a "point guard" as a transfer to Crosby, although they didn't play at Crosby those players could have contributed to GCM success. Hard as it is to get decent players, for the life of me I can't understand how one school keep losing decent players. Each one of those players would have given the team at least 10 points every game.

If they had that PG  (Avant Coleman) last year, GCM beat BU and goes to state! SMH!!

1 hour ago, EyePayTaxes2 said:

2 years in a row GCM lost a "point guard" as a transfer to Crosby, although they didn't play at Crosby those players could have contributed to GCM success. Hard as it is to get decent players, for the life of me I can't understand how one school keep losing decent players. Each one of those players would have given the team at least 10 points every game.

If they had that PG  (Avant Coleman) last year, GCM beat BU and goes to state! SMH!!

You think so?  Those two seniors they lost last year played over their heads vs BU.  So you think that PG would’ve followed suit?  I’m not convinced.

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You think so?  Those two seniors they lost last year played over their heads vs BU.  So you think that PG would’ve followed suit?  I’m not convinced.

Of course we won’t ever know 🤣🤣, but if you lose a player that’s averaging at least 10 points per game and the team lose by 2 in double OT 🤷🏾. Watched that kid for a couple years and no one could keep him out the paint.

Points are hard to come by in HS (lot of low scores nowadays) and for a coach to let players that average 10 points go is amazing. These players are leaving as seniors, not underclassmen. Therefore the coaches tolerated whatever they didn’t like for a couple years 🤷🏾. Seem like they cultivated the problem(s) and as seniors pushed them out. As a senior a player is no longer serviceable (for the future) to coaches, because they graduating. 

2 hours ago, EyePayTaxes2 said:

Of course we won’t ever know 🤣🤣, but if you lose a player that’s averaging at least 10 points per game and the team lose by 2 in double OT 🤷🏾. Watched that kid for a couple years and no one could keep him out the paint.

Points are hard to come by in HS (lot of low scores nowadays) and for a coach to let players that average 10 points go is amazing. These players are leaving as seniors, not underclassmen. Therefore the coaches tolerated whatever they didn’t like for a couple years 🤷🏾. Seem like they cultivated the problem(s) and as seniors pushed them out. As a senior a player is no longer serviceable (for the future) to coaches, because they graduating. 

Is this really what’s going on? Pushing Seniors out of is this speculation?  

2 hours ago, EyePayTaxes2 said:

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

If so then GCM might wanna look into getting a new HC and staff. 

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Of course I am not gonna say for certain, but I do have some quality sources in the district admin bldg. The PG that left in 22 was involved in some internal teams issues/disputes etc..... The PG that left this year was supposedly a coach and player difference of playing styles. But I couldn't imagine as a coach letting players that can get buckets go to other school to sit on the bench and not be qualified.

I may be coincidental but the last 2 years in a row players (starters) departed to become ineligible at other school. Coaches should be cultivating talent. Per the state of Crosby's team they could have been used, but you know the DEC nor UIL wasn't having that.....

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If so then GCM might wanna look into getting a new HC and staff. 

I let a 10 point player go and I am losing games with district implication by less than 10 points, you do the math! You guys follow Bball, you know how hard its to get a HS player to average 10-15 PPG!

I know the kid that left this year personally and I sort of questioned his playing style/shot selection when he was a freshman. He played for this coach on the JV and Varsity teams and he tolerated this playing style. But now as senior you want to put him on a tight leash and show displeasure of his playing style. Well the coach turned a blind eye in 9th, 10th and 11th grade, but now as a senior his playing style is intolerable. SMH