Coldspring-Oakhurst basketball news

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Head coach has been reassigned. According to sources, stemming from an incident in last game.

Team had been struggling of late. This was head coach first year.

Coldspring peeps, what's going on?

I can tell you this, it isn't stemming from anything that happened IN the last game. From my understanding though it is stemming from the locker room speech AFTER the game. The official word was that he was losing to teams that Coldspring has no business losing to. However, he doesn't have much to work with there and on top of that his second best player failed. I'm guessing the last coach left because he saw the writing on the wall with the younger groups coming up. 

2 minutes ago, PrairieMan said:

I can tell you this, it isn't stemming from anything that happened IN the last game. From my understanding though it is stemming from the locker room speech AFTER the game. The official word was that he was losing to teams that Coldspring has no business losing to. However, he doesn't have much to work with there and on top of that his second best player failed. I'm guessing the last coach left because he saw the writing on the wall with the younger groups coming up. 

I was told it actually was from a speech at halftime of the game but could have been after. I saw Coldspring earlier this year and they weren't the normal Trojan team that I am accustomed to seeing. Losing a key player would definitely be a setback for this group.

I agree, I believe Devers saw the writing on the wall and moved on.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:26 AM, PrairieMan said:

Look at this @TrojanWarrior08

On 1/27/2023 at 10:31 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe Devers saw the writing on the wall and moved on.

I figured that that would happened... Not only that I've been hearing lately that the talent for at least the next several years (both football and basketball) will be very limited to say the least.  But I've said this before most of the talent at least the families I know has moved to other areas outside of Coldspring (most of the talent I've seen here personally where I live in Huntsville).  Then you have Shepherd taking some of our students so don't be surprised in a few years Shepherd will be the regular powerhouse around here and Coldspring will be mediocre.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:26 AM, PrairieMan said:

That's exactly what is happening.  After our state championship run and after the younger Lawniczak brother graduated the team just went down hill from there.

2 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

That's exactly what is happening.  After our state championship run and after the younger Lawniczak brother graduated the team just went down hill from there.

On top of all that, I wouldn’t be shocked if your one solid athlete didn’t find somewhere else to showcase his talent. If he needs help finding housing, I’d be more than happy to help him find his way to the prairie…😁😁

2 hours ago, PrairieMan said:

On top of all that, I wouldn’t be shocked if your one solid athlete didn’t find somewhere else to showcase his talent. If he needs help finding housing, I’d be more than happy to help him find his way to the prairie…😁😁

Lol y'all been doing well for the last few years in basketball... We can't spare anymore players.