5 Memphis police officers charged with murder….

tvc184

48 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Keep it up CB. Love it. You from PA right? 🏃🏾‍♂️🤣

That's the rumor.  Park Place Hospital.  Date withheld. 

I think what a lot of people miss is that I'm legitimately angry about the people who get no attention.  Not as a means to excuse what happened to Tyre (because there is no justification), but to say that it's complete and utter BS that nobody cares (to the same extent) about what happened to the 342 "nameless" individuals that lost their lives in Memphis last year .  What would have a greater impact, saving one or saving as many of the 342 as we can?  But instead we focus on the trivial, almost insignificant issue (unless it happens to your kids, of course) issue of police violence.  

You've probably heard the story about a friend of mine that works at one of the plants.  Solid, solid black dude... raised in a good family, good dad to his boys even though he's no longer with their mom.  He was legitimately worried about his sons being killed by the cops.  Dude, you've got young men growing up in PAT where a couple dozen men get murdered every year, but i can't remember the last time someone was killed by the police.  But I CAN promise you that no matter how many die from the dawn of time, you'll have never seen anything like the mess that will break out if somebody gets killed by a cop in PA.  

I good friend of mine used to say "y'all worried about the wrong s_ _ _. "  Approximately six unarmed black men are killed by the police each year in the US.  That's six out of the 7000 black men killed in the US each year.  Statistically speaking, an unarmed black man is three times more likely to be killed by lighting than killed by a cop.   That's the way that I feel whenever the world screeches to a stop over a horrible incident like what happened to Tyre.  Getting murdered happens to 20 black men every single day in America and nobody cares.  

4 hours ago, Big girl said:

How do you know what happens on that side of town? Are you making an assumption?

I have been to Memphis once. Never again. Ever. You literally don't want to get out of your car, or even stop at lights or stop signs. Horrible place, maybe 2/3 full of horrible people. Violent, dangerous place.  

7 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I have been to Memphis once. Never again. Ever. You literally don't want to get out of your car, or even stop at lights or stop signs. Horrible place, maybe 2/3 full of horrible people. Violent, dangerous place.  

Love Memphis and never witnessed this. Always 😍

7 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Love Memphis and never witnessed this. Always 😍

Maybe you fit in better. I got lots of "looks".

BTW check out the Memphis crime stats, if you dare. It will clearly verify what I am saying. It's a murder capitol. #2 after lovely Detroit. 

This is the hidden content, please

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Stay away then. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Sorta like BH in PA. It doesn't fit. 

I think I already said that, "Memphis never again" if you re-read. 

Just asking, is that some kind of threat to BH fan or fans attending games in PA? I thought in a diverse and  inclusive world all people should be welcome anywhere? Right? 

Nationally there are about 5 homicides per 100,000 people. Per 100,000 is the way that crime is normally reported. Using murder as an example, if the national average is 5 per hundred thousand, a City the size of Port Arthur should have 2-3 murders per year. Beaumont should average about 6 yet they average about 14.

In the last few years, Memphis, Tennessee has been average almost 30 per 100k.  That is 600% more than the national average. Extreme? 

People for some political arguments like to say, crime can happen anywhere. Obviously that is true. The likelihood of crime however, can be astronomically different according to where you are. Locally is a glaring example of that.

Tidbits like robberies are 700 per 100k in Memphis, 300/100k in Beaumont and 20/100k in Port Neches. Yes, crime happens everywhere.  Memphis seems to among the worst. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

In the last few years, Memphis, Tennessee has been average almost 30 per 100k.  That is 600% more than the national average. Extreme? 

The numbers that I read for 2021 were 342 murders and 628k citizens. That’s 54 murders per 100k in population. Or 10x the National average… or almost 1100% higher. 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

No worries, man… I think that got a little personal. I don’t always do a good job of explaining my positions and I come off like a jerk. 

All good my way. 💯

The other day I repeated a claim that one of the officers and the victim had a lady friend in common and that the beating was a result of that… supposedly the cop texted a pic of the victim to the lady friend in real time. This seems like it might be partially corroborated by this recent update. 

This is the hidden content, please