Halfway thru district play assessment

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Based off last season, I would have thought playoffs for sure. 

I think they have squeaked into the playoffs the last 2 years as the 4 seed. They graduated both of their move-ins from what I understand. I don't think there was much expected from them this year. Im sure they will be back to normal after this year. 

On 1/22/2023 at 4:57 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Was wondering about your first post.

Crockett beat NW at NW. I think Crockett has the inside track to 1st place in district.

Yes I had to go back and look again my mistake but after realizing that Crockett beat them the district this year could be up for grabs... I'm looking for to the 2nd half of district.

16 hours ago, Knox34 said:

I have watched a lot of games in 17 -5a. I’m shocked 3 teams are ranked in state. Only one in my opinion that is worthy is bh. No knock on port Arthur and goose but they aren’t too 25 teams in the state. 

Interesting...........hmmmmm........ 

Could have easily lost to a bad Nederland team. Beat a png team missing 2 starters and hung 27 points on bh. Not to mention had a dog fight with Crosby. Those wins I mentioned and they loss to bh only putting up 27 points doesn’t scream top 25 team to me. I think they are a good team for sure just not too 25 in state. I think the district as a whole is very overrated this year. Not a lot of good basketball over there. 

1 hour ago, Knox34 said:

Could have easily lost to a bad Nederland team. Beat a png team missing 2 starters and hung 27 points on bh. Not to mention had a dog fight with Crosby. Those wins I mentioned and they loss to bh only putting up 27 points doesn’t scream top 25 team to me. I think they are a good team for sure just not too 25 in state. I think the district as a whole is very overrated this year. Not a lot of good basketball over there. 

Remember, PAM gave the back to back state champs all they could handle last month.  PA is a good team and I think they’ll run the table the second half of district…

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Remember, PAM gave the back to back state champs all they could handle last month.  PA is a good team and I think they’ll run the table the second half of district…

Man I've seen the same opinion from a few people like that poster before, even the season we won state: when Memorial is good the district is overrated and/or they're ranked too high. 

I've also seen when we're bad the Titans are the laughingstock of the area. 

Is what it is. 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Hopefully we just continue winning like we've been doing rather by 1 or by 30 and we'll see what folks think come playoff time. 

22 hours ago, Knox34 said:

When you're 20-8, and 6 of your 8 losses have come to 6A schools (5 of those with solid to excellent records), and your other two have come to good 5A schools, I think top-25 is okay.  They could've easily scheduled a couple of creampuff tournaments and be 26-2 right now.

I think people are thinking I’m bashing port Arthur over here.  Someone posted they haven’t seen any games in this district. Well I have… I gave my opinion and apparently it’s not one people like.  I have seen port Arthur play 3 times. The talent is there but they aren’t great. They settle for lots of jump shots and don’t get back on d a lot. Turn it over more than they should and play teams they should beat by 20 to close tight games.  In my opinion this district isn’t playing that great of basketball. Hopefully they continue to get better snd make a deep run in the playoffs and prove me wrong. 

Don’t see how Nederland is a disappointment. This is a rebuilding year, English basically said it before the season about how senior heavy last years team was…. These are young dogs, especially a freshman on varsity. Look for them to be tough next year. Several sophomores and a freshman starting this year.