Vidor is open !!

lcm93

25 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

The biggest differences between Vidor and Liberty Hill have nothing to do with small discrepancies in how they run the same offense.  `

Both use the same playbook but name the play series differently. Liberty Hill uses different plays from their playbook as their base (main) plays and the play calling is more methodical. Vidor uses the same pitch plays over and over again as their main plays and the play calling has no rhyme or reason. The more slow paced methodical approach with audibles seemed better to me. I don't like it as a hurry up offense , it seems to take away from the offense

4 hours ago, Fortheloveofthegame said:

I agree.  I would say two weeks?  The next Board Meeting is Monday, March 6. 

That would make sense assuming they 1. Get the interviews done quickly or 2. Already know who they are going to hire as implied by some folks on this board.

It appears that the consensus here on the forum is that Vidor's hiring process will be more of the same.  Since its been awhile that it's been open, I'm going to take a different attitude.  I'm a positive person.  You know, the glass is always half full.  So, I would like to think that Vidor has scoured the State and has found the best person possible for the job.  This would include calling and giving the Liberty Hill OC the opportunity to say yes or no.  Because you never know until you try.  Heck, I would even call Carthage's OC and give him the same opportunity to say yes or no.  I firmly believe that there's a good OC in a great program that would want to be a HC.  So, I say -- why not Vidor?  Coaches always like a challenge to turn around a program.   So, hopefully Vidor can do the right thing so the kids and the fans can be proud!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

It appears that the consensus here on the forum is that Vidor's hiring process will be more of the same.  Since its been awhile that it's been open, I'm going to take a different attitude.  I'm a positive person.  You know, the glass is always half full.  So, I would like to think that Vidor has scoured the State and has found the best person possible for the job.  This would include calling and giving the Liberty Hill OC the opportunity to say yes or no.  Because you never know until you try.  Heck, I would even call Carthage's OC and give him the same opportunity to say yes or no.  I firmly believe that there's a good OC in a great program that would want to be a HC.  So, I say -- why not Vidor?  Coaches always like a challenge to turn around a program.   So, hopefully Vidor can do the right thing so the kids and the fans can be proud!

No scouring of the state going on in Veedor ,Tejas. They would have posted the job somewhere other than the district website, which they only did because they had to. It's a buddy hire. I'd love to be wrong .

6 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

No scouring of the state going on in Veedor ,Tejas. They would have posted the job somewhere other than the district website, which they only did because they had to. It's a buddy hire. I'd love to be wrong .

It doesn't take that for a large number of the coaching community to know what jobs are open or gonna be open.  The coaches that people might wish to take the job don't care that it's open.

Something promised several years ago may be a history lesson.  Dwayne may get the job but he may not be a shoe in.  I have to agree with @WOSdrummer99, Don’t others have a say in the hiring process?  There’s a post saying four interviews were upcoming on 3/6.  If true, all this “He’s a shoe in”, May not be true.  Hang loose folks, we’ll know something in a month or two.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Something promised several years ago may be a history lesson.  Dwayne may get the job but he may not be a shoe in.  I have to agree with @WOSdrummer99, Don’t others have a say in the hiring process?  There’s a post saying four interviews were upcoming on 3/6.  If true, all this “He’s a shoe in”, May not be true.  Hang loose folks, we’ll know something in a month or two.

Interviews were done today...if they can agree on a hire it will be announced at the school board meeting on the 6th 

It's funny how in this world, you really can't have a opinion. Matthews did a hell of a job, and changed many kids lives for the better. In the eyes of every fans you are judged on the what have you done lately rule. Let's be honest with coaches from High School to Pros, you must win, you are judged by that. I feel if Matthews schemed a passing game into his playbook, his teams would have been difficult to beat over the years. However my hat is off to this guy on a great job. I enjoyed the games my sons played against him. Wish you much success coach.

On 3/6/2023 at 11:33 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

The Slot-T 👎

The Slot T with no passing 👎.  Slot T with an effective passing attack thrown in 🥇🥇🥇🏆🏆🏆🥇🥇🥇.

I’m no Coach butttttt, if you run the vast majority of the time, receivers will be open.  It’s not rocket science.  The spread team RB’s eat steak.  Pass, pass, pass, give it to the RB.  A hole.  A big hole.  He’s a great RB.  Primarily great because the down linemen are in pass rush mode.  LB’s are either backpedaling or blitzing.  Wow, a hole.  Big hole.  Now turn it all around.  Slot T QB fakes handoff, drops back to pass and hits wide open  Slot man for huge gain.  I’m no Coach butttttt.

If you disagree, watch this film from 2019 were the “passing” Pirates beat the better Crosby.  Shouldn’t have.  Crosby much better, but they couldn’t handle the pass.  Crosby’s only other District loss was to Barbers Hill.  Never saw Vidor do this again.  Why?  That’s the 64 Million dollar question.

This is the hidden content, please

17 minutes ago, Hagar said:

The Slot T with no passing 👎.  Slot T with an effective passing attack thrown in 🥇🥇🥇🏆🏆🏆🥇🥇🥇.

I’m no Coach butttttt, if you run the vast majority of the time, receivers will be open.  It’s not rocket science.  The spread team RB’s eat steak.  Pass, pass, pass, give it to the RB.  A hole.  A big hole.  He’s a great RB.  Primarily great because the down linemen are in pass rush mode.  LB’s are either backpedaling or blitzing.  Wow, a hole.  Big hole.  Now turn it all around.  Slot T QB fakes handoff, drops back to pass and hits wide open  Slot man for huge gain.  I’m no Coach butttttt.

If you disagree, watch this film from 2019 were the “passing” Pirates beat the better Crosby.  Shouldn’t have.  Crosby much better, but they couldn’t handle the pass.  Crosby’s only other District loss was to Barbers Hill.  Never saw Vidor do this again.  Why?  That’s the 64 Million dollar question.

I'm going to venture that it was the only year that they had a kid with a decent arm under center.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I'm going to venture that it was the only year that they had a kid with a decent arm under center.

If the QB is not developed early on, such as middle school then you won't have one ready by the time he gets to varsity.   If the system is changed it will need to be on the lower levels as well.