Vidor is open !!

lcm93

Who would have thought the HC position at Vidor would draw so much attention?  I don’t think the PNG hire came under such scrutiny.  Well my, my, my.

Thank goodness the new Coach has a great bunch of Juniors next year.  Hopefully he’ll have a winning season & everyone can chill.  Otherwise there could be vigilante’s roaming Main Street (105).  
😂😂😂👽☠️👽😂😂😂

13 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Mathews was going to leave a few years back and DuBois was set to take over. That year Vidor found out they were dropping down to 4A so Mathews decided to stay because he thought he could make noise in a lower classification. Sadly DuBois gets handed the job

How did that decision work out for him?

21 hours ago, Hagar said:

Who would have thought the HC position at Vidor would draw so much attention?  I don’t think the PNG hire came under such scrutiny.  Well my, my, my.

Thank goodness the new Coach has a great bunch of Juniors next year.  Hopefully he’ll have a winning season & everyone can chill.  Otherwise there could be vigilante’s roaming Main Street (105).  
😂😂😂👽☠️👽😂😂😂

it'll just be thornton melon with his pitchfork.

Vidor had 12 winning seasons between 1940, their first year of football, and 1998.  so basically 12 winning seasons in 60 years.  Mathews had 11 winning seasons (plus two more .500 years) out of 24 seasons.  So for people to act like he wasn't good for Vidor, or that the school district should have fired him long ago, is simply laughable.  I think most of his detractors have something a little more personal, like they didn't start when they were at vidor, or maybe he didn't play their kid enough for their liking.  

40 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Vidor had 12 winning seasons between 1940, their first year of football, and 1998.  so basically 12 winning seasons in 60 years.  Mathews had 11 winning seasons (plus two more .500 years) out of 24 seasons.  So for people to act like he wasn't good for Vidor, or that the school district should have fired him long ago, is simply laughable.  I think most of his detractors have something a little more personal, like they didn't start when they were at vidor, or maybe he didn't play their kid enough for their liking.  

Vidor was in 22-5A with Beaumont Central , Westbrook, LaPorte, Deer Park, Lee & Sterling up until 1998. They dropped in 1999 , the same year Mathews took over. Its a variable one must consider when comparing before and after. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Vidor was in 22-5A with Beaumont Central , Westbrook, LaPorte, Deer Park, Lee & Sterling up until 1998. They dropped in 1999 , the same year Mathews took over.

And they played against Central, Ozen, Nederland, PNG, etc. for almost the entirety of his time there.  Not really sure what your point is.  They played against bigger schools for like 20 of his 22 years.  And how long were they in 5A before he took over?  Also pertinent information.  

51 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

And they played against Central, Ozen, Nederland, PNG, etc. for almost the entirety of his time there.  Not really sure what your point is.  They played against bigger schools for like 20 of his 22 years.  And how long were they in 5A before he took over?  Also pertinent information.  

West Brook and Central were different animals before Ozen came into existence and the BISD talent was split three ways Instead of two ways.  Can't compare them!

Vidor was larger in enrollment than png and equal in enrollment with Nederland during the time Mathews played them. They weren't bigger schools then us until after a few storms had people moving out of Vidor 

53 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

They played in the "Northern" 4A district for the first couple of years.   Ozen, Lumberton, Silsbee, Jasper and LCM I think.  They met Ned in the playoffs I think one of those years and went out in the first round.  They moved to the old 20-4a and were playing Ned, PNG, WOS, TJ and Lincoln (I think they were still in 4a then) and I think Ozen had moved to 20-4a as well.

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

They played in the "Northern" 4A district for the first couple of years.   Ozen, Lumberton, Silsbee, Jasper and LCM I think.  They met Ned in the playoffs I think one of those years and went out in the first round.  They moved to the old 20-4a and were playing Ned, PNG, WOS, TJ and Lincoln (I think they were still in 4a then) and I think Ozen had moved to 20-4a as well.

Livingston was in that northern district too. I don’t recall LCM being in it.  That playoff game vs Nederland was their first time in the playoffs since 1978 when they won district. Prior to that was in 1964 when they played San Marcos in the 3A state semifinals. Pirates and Rattlers tied but SM advanced by one penetration. Vidor’s record that year was 12-0-1. 

12 hours ago, Tim Riggins said:

Livingston was in that northern district too. I don’t recall LCM being in it.  That playoff game vs Nederland was their first time in the playoffs since 1978 when they won district. Prior to that was in 1964 when they played San Marcos in the 3A state semifinals. Pirates and Rattlers tied but SM advanced by one penetration. Vidor’s record that year was 12-0-1. 

Your probably right, my memory isn't as good as it used to be.   LCM might have been in 20-4a with Ned,PNG, WOS , etc

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Shows how much out the loop I am, I thought those 2 were retired....... 

They both are retired.

From my understanding, Vidor ISD is ready to do the "retire, rehire" for one of them. Cost the district a little more money to do this.

A retiree can go back to work as long as he/she sits out a school year. I believe that is why Mathews is staying on until June. It will be a year then.