Vidor is open !!

lcm93

21 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

For the majority of WOS seasons including playoffs they out talent their opponents… district and a couple rounds in the playoffs. Not till 3d, 4th rd does talent and coaching start to even out. Genius 

1 combined factor added to your statement you left out. Talent magically gone for the first time last year? No. New coach.

35 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

1 combined factor added to your statement you left out. Talent magically gone for the first time last year? No. New coach.

Couldn’t tell you. Didn’t watch any WOS games but I can tell you that…working with a WOS alum who never misses a game, his words… doesn’t look like the normal bunch lining up on Off. and Def. He said that after 5 or 6 games into the season. Didn’t ask any questions cause WOS winning or losing has no bearing on my life.

1 hour ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Couldn’t tell you. Didn’t watch any WOS games but I can tell you that…working with a WOS alum who never misses a game, his words… doesn’t look like the normal bunch lining up on Off. and Def. He said that after 5 or 6 games into the season. Didn’t ask any questions cause WOS winning or losing has no bearing on my life.

Should ask more questions before getting on here running your mouth about things you now admit to not knowing. I assure you, talent alone has not built the program we had over here for so long. But it does help when the continuation of said talent keeps rolling thru.

Back to Vidor. They have talent. They had coaching. They need a new one. Carry on...

16 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Should ask more questions before getting on here running your mouth about things you now admit to not knowing. I assure you, talent alone has not built the program we had over here for so long. But it does help when the continuation of said talent keeps rolling thru.

Back to Vidor. They have talent. They had coaching. They need a new one. Carry on...

Running my mouth huh… ouch 

Back to Vidor… something I’m guessing you know little about if you never strapped on the pads for the Pirates or roamed the halls of VHS…So yeah… carry on

19 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Que the personal shots and teenager foot stomps If Mr enos feels he's on the losing end of an argument or you disagree with his opinion.

But it did look like I agreed with raegans ridiculous perception. Lol

9 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Que the personal shots and teenager foot stomps If Mr enos feels he's on the losing end of an argument or you disagree with his opinion.

But it did look like I agreed with raegans ridiculous perception. Lol

Personal shot/s? You mean addressing a comment that was aimed directly towards me. Sure, personal shot 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

16 hours ago, Reagan said:

It's 7 years per school.  If you were an Elite coach then you'd have nothing to worry about.     :)

Is Phil Danaher an elite coach?  According to your theory.. he would've been fired at Calallen several times over.  Even though he won more Texas high school football games than anyone that's ever coached and reached state finals twice, state semi-finals 11 times, state quarter finals 6 times, and regional finals 9 times.  That's more deep runs than many of your "elite coaches" that you constantly talk about.

So.. again.  Is Phil Danaher an elite coach? Or is he someone that should've been fired?

16 hours ago, Reagan said:

It's 7 years per school.  If you were an Elite coach then you'd have nothing to worry about.     :)

Is Phil Danaher an elite coach?  According to your theory.. he would've been fired at Calallen several times over.  Even though he won more Texas high school football games than anyone that's ever coached and reached state finals twice, state semi-finals 11 times, state quarter finals 6 times, and regional finals 9 times.  That's more deep runs than many of your "elite coaches" that you constantly talk about.

So.. again.  Is Phil Danaher an elite coach? Or is he someone that should've been fired?

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

only like 95% of them.

This was probably true.  But, I'm sure we have different reasons on why this was.  Why was WOS the only Orange county school that this was happening?  Could it have been because during those times they the "right" coach cultivating those athletes to make them the best talent on the field.  And maybe the other Orange county school's coaches weren't able to?  We saw a "dramatic" drop off in performance when Cornel left.  Also, we saw an improvement at LCM when they got a new coach.  Didn't we?!

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

This was probably true.  But, I'm sure we have different reasons on why this was.  Why was WOS the only Orange county school that this was happening?  Could it have been because during those times they the "right" coach cultivating those athletes to make them the best talent on the field.  And maybe the other Orange county school's coaches weren't able to?  We saw a "dramatic" drop off in performance when Cornel left.  Also, we saw an improvement at LCM when they got a new coach.  Didn't we?!

Yes, but he had better win state or else! The clock is ticking.

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

New LCM coach had a dramatic drop off in performance from year 1 (11-3) to year 2 (6-5).

Two things: First of all it didn't take much to have an upgrade in LCM from what they had as a coach.  The previous LCM coach:  12 year record:  51-70.  Only once did he have a 7 win season.  But, on the other hand, although the new coach is a major upgrade, it doesn't appear that he's a Championship-type coach.  It all depends on what LCM ISD wants.  They hung on to a not-so-good coach last time for 12 years so this one might have a lifetime appointment.  Again -- it's all depends on where their goals are.

11 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Two things: First of all it didn't take much to have an upgrade in LCM from what they had as a coach.  The previous LCM coach:  12 year record:  51-70.  Only once did he have a 7 win season.  But, on the other hand, although the new coach is a major upgrade, it doesn't appear that he's a Championship-type coach.  It all depends on what LCM ISD wants.  They hung on to a not-so-good coach last time for 12 years so this one might have a lifetime appointment.  Again -- it's all depends on where their goals are.

9 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

This has already been dealt with in the past.  But I'm going to discuss this again shortly.

4 minutes ago, Reagan said:

This has already been dealt with in the past.  But I'm going to discuss this again shortly.

While you're at it, explain the theory behind 7 years. Why not 5? Why not 6? Why not 8? Why not 9?

Also, if you were the supt., would you recommend that Silsbee ISD hire a new head football coach since Coach Smith has been there for 7 seasons and no state championship yet?

6 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I know.  I'm hoping you repeat your thoughts on this for the folks in the conversation that weren't last time.  And also make you think a little deeper about your assessment of what makes an elite coach.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Your thoughts, logic, reasoning, whatever is flawed… BIG time! LCM Coach not a championship type coach… maybe not, maybe he is. Took WB to a state game… took LCM however many rounds deeps… you ever stop think teams just run into someone better?!?!…. Nope! You’d have to come down from lala land 😂 You can have the greatest coaches but ultimately it’s up to the players! They put on the pads, they step between lines, not the coaches.

39 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

While you're at it, explain the theory behind 7 years. Why not 5? Why not 6? Why not 8? Why not 9?

Also, if you were the supt., would you recommend that Silsbee ISD hire a new head football coach since Coach Smith has been there for 7 seasons and no state championship yet?

I’ll answer shortly!

LCM lost a 3 year starter at qb. That right there was a downwind spiral. The defense was young at linebacker position. The lack of depth at LCM is a major problem. Alot of players going both ways. Peevy is a better coach then Crouch. Peevy is more of a motivator. Maybe this upcoming season they will be better but we are losing some players to graduation that are going to play at the next level