Vidor is open !!

lcm93

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think it's obvious that the community over there sees winning as something different than the rest of us.  

That job opening should be for a "Great Man," not a HFC/AD.  

Cardinal backer… out of curiosity what year did you graduate from BC?

24 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think it's obvious that the community over there sees winning as something different than the rest of us.  

BC could use both… Great Man and HC 😂🤣 

Ol’BC gonna tell everyone about winning in football…… sheeesh lol

I can hear it now! Back in the days of 8 tracks and how many this or that does Vidor have…. Spare us all cause BC ain’t nada on the football field 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's not JUST about wins and losses.  I know it's the nature of the business but sometimes it shouldn't be.  Sometimes it truly is an unfavorable district/classification, in which the season would be completely different if not the case.  Sometimes strong senior classes graduate.  Sometimes good athletes decide not to play for whatever reason.  Sometimes rival teams get a transfer or more.  Or... sometimes you just don't have the horses.  The best trainer in the world won't win a horse race with a donkey.  None of that is the fault of the coach, yet that's who gets the blame every time.  I agree it's on their shoulders but all factors should be considered. 

It's not JUST about wins and losses.  I know it's the nature of the business but sometimes it shouldn't be.  Sometimes it truly is an unfavorable district/classification, in which the season would be completely different if not the case.  Sometimes strong senior classes graduate.  Sometimes good athletes decide not to play for whatever reason.  Sometimes rival teams get a transfer or more.  Or... sometimes you just don't have the horses.  The best trainer in the world won't win a horse race with a donkey.  None of that is the fault of the coach, yet that's who gets the blame every time.  I agree it's on their shoulders but all factors should be considered. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

It looks like your accurate portrayal of the present philosophy of Vidor football on this forum has got a quite of few people here confused!     :)

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

It looks like your accurate portrayal of the present philosophy of Vidor football on this forum has got a quite of few people here confused!     :)

I’m sure your recipe for success and winning strategy will translate nicely. Can’t wait to see you on the sidelines Coach! 

13 hours ago, vhs said:

Same type of athlete??? Did you see them line up against each other??? Not even close

I think you may be confusing performance with potential ability.  Look, there's no doubt that Lumberton kid performed better than Vidor's.  By, my point, is is that Vidor ha the same potential ability that the kids at Lumberton is showing.  Let me ask you this:  Do you honestly think that the genetics of the kids in Lumberton are better than that of the kids in Vidor?  You brought up the past 12 years of the Vidor coach.  So, let's bring up the prior 12 years before Lumberton's coach got there.            Lumberton:  37-78.  Needless to say not a stellar record.  But what turned it around this time?  Coaching!!  Hopefully Vidor will pay attention to what has happened to Lumberton, PNG, and on the other side of the coin, WOS!  But, that's if they really care.  And if they don't, then all bets are off.  

18 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I think you may be confusing performance with potential ability.  Look, there's no doubt that Lumberton kid performed better than Vidor's.  By, my point, is is that Vidor ha the same potential ability that the kids at Lumberton is showing.  Let me ask you this:  Do you honestly think that the genetics of the kids in Lumberton are better than that of the kids in Vidor?  You brought up the past 12 years of the Vidor coach.  So, let's bring up the prior 12 years before Lumberton's coach got there.            Lumberton:  37-78.  Needless to say not a stellar record.  But what turned it around this time?  Coaching!!  Hopefully Vidor will pay attention to what has happened to Lumberton, PNG, and on the other side of the coin, WOS!  But, that's if they really care.  And if they don't, then all bets are off.  

players > coaching.  Way more often than not.

players + coaching + level of competition = wins.  Missing any of the 3 is likely detrimental. 

Let's stay on Lumberton.  A couple years ago they won the district championship in basketball.  Their coach was unanimous COY for the district.  Not so much as a sniff the next year... or since.  What happened?  Same exact coach.  Still Lumberton kids.   Oooohh.. that's right.  They had a 6'6 D1 signee on the team.  

Funny how kids make coaches successful.  Disclaimer:  I know Coach Mitchell personally and think he does a fantastic job.  But... it takes players to have success.  I'm positive you'll ignore the example I just gave and the endless others.. but it doesn't change anything.

20 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Throw your name is the hat and put your money were your moth is!  I’m sure you’ll get the job and all the glory of making Vidor a powerhouse and winner of multiple championships… district and state. 

3 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Kinda similar situation the LCM head football coach went thru? 

I'm not exactly familiar to the circumstance to which you're referring.  But.. my post that you replied to happens so often that I'm comfortable saying it's definitely the norm.  Yes, I know there may be exceptions.  There are always are.  

3 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Whoever Vidor hires they only have 7 years. What year is LCM and Lumberton on? 

LCM and Lumberton just finish their 2nd year.  But, in 24 years the Vidor faithful has not experienced the excitement that PNG just experienced.  But the Vidor coach was a good man.  

15 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

players > coaching.  Way more often than not.

players + coaching + level of competition = wins.  Missing any of the 3 is likely detrimental. 

Let's stay on Lumberton.  A couple years ago they won the district championship in basketball.  Their coach was unanimous COY for the district.  Not so much as a sniff the next year... or since.  What happened?  Same exact coach.  Still Lumberton kids.   Oooohh.. that's right.  They had a 6'6 D1 signee on the team.  

Funny how kids make coaches successful.  Disclaimer:  I know Coach Mitchell personally and think he does a fantastic job.  But... it takes players to have success.  I'm positive you'll ignore the example I just gave and the endless others.. but it doesn't change anything.

I will some-what agree.  Any sport, except football, you have to have the talent.  Basketball, track, baseball golf,  on that, I'll agree.

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

LCM and Lumberton just finish their 2nd year.  But, in 24 years the Vidor faithful has not experienced the excitement that PNG just experienced.  But the Vidor coach was a good man.  

Nope they sure have not. Also, Vidor has not had multiple D1 players in the past 24 years, and yes you are 110% Jeff Mathews is a great man and a good HC! He got the most out the players he had to work with, but with you leading the ship, I’m POSITIVE you’ll bring many, many, many championships to Vidor.

1 minute ago, Reagan said:

I will some-what agree.  Any sport, except football, you have to have the talent.  Basketball, track, baseball golf,  on that, I'll agree.

I have a very serious question.  A question that may require some thought... and it's about PNG.

You're obviously very high on their new coach's success (rightfully so).

So.. here's my question(s): On Maxpreps it shows that PNG has 35 seniors.  Is the new coach solely responsible for those seniors' success?  Didn't a different staff "build" them into what they were before he got them? Also.  Will they have the same success next year? Do you think they should?  He's losing 35 seniors...

Tell me where you stand on that.

48 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Definitely not confused… I’ll ask again a little slower… did… you….. see … them …. Line up against each other this year?  If you did and you don’t recognize a major difference in size and speed between this years rosters I don’t know how I can help you any further other than to refer you to a good optometrist… 😂 my understanding is this is unique to the current juniors and seniors at Lumberton and they will be returning to more of the performance level you referenced in their previous 12 years.

Let's see:  There was anxiety, foaming at the mouth and down right hyperventilating when the PNG coach left.  The chant was: how could they get rid of this excellent coach?!  Then, all of a sudden -- it got quite.  Even to the point of saying -- Faircloth who?  Lumberton was wallowing around in mediocrity until this past year.   WOS has for many, many years been known for their football.  But what happened this year?

On the first two, did the athletes just start showing up when these new coaches did?  How about at WOS, did the WOS-type athletes just stop showing up when the new coach did?  NO!!  It's just more examples what the right, or wrong, coach can do.  

What does this have to do with Vidor:  It's a template of what to do and what not to do.  But -- are they paying attention?!

17 minutes ago, Reagan said:

“Any sport except football you have to have the talent”…. This comment alone should come with a one year suspension from the site… 😂