Vidor is open !!

lcm93

1 hour ago, VidorPirate said:

I sure hope we get someone in here that will implement a fast paced spread attack.  I heard we had multiple guys run 4.4 - 4.65 in the 40 this year.  I mean, look at our linemen, they are built for 2 pt stances and pass setting.  In the spread, we will beat LCM by at least 4 tds.

some of you all are hilarious.  we don't have to be slot-t, but we defenitly need to be run based and ball control on offense.  that is the best defense we have.

If anyone believes Vidor has this speed please list them. 100% not true! Definitely a run based clock management offense is required. 

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

Not the right decision in my opinion.  Sometimes change is necessary for various reasons.. but wins/losses are influenced by much more than the ability to coach.  Many times, coaches only have what they have and nobody could've done any better.  But making boys into good citizens, that's quite a feat. 

Making boys into good men is coaching. Teaching responsibility & character is coaching. Jeff Mathews has made that a priority in his career. Literally did Character building lessons for YEARS!

21 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Not the right decision in my opinion.  Sometimes change is necessary for various reasons.. but wins/losses are influenced by much more than the ability to coach.  Many times, coaches only have what they have and nobody could've done any better.  But making boys into good citizens, that's quite a feat. 

I thought the justice system made them good citizens. 

5 hours ago, OGVillain said:

If anyone believes Vidor has this speed please list them. 100% not true! Definitely a run based clock management offense is required. 

Spread offenses are the great equalizer, an increasingly popular way for teams with lesser talent to compete against teams with more talent.

10 hours ago, VidorPirate said:

I sure hope we get someone in here that will implement a fast paced spread attack.  I heard we had multiple guys run 4.4 - 4.65 in the 40 this year.  I mean, look at our linemen, they are built for 2 pt stances and pass setting.  In the spread, we will beat LCM by at least 4 tds.

some of you all are hilarious.  we don't have to be slot-t, but we defenitly need to be run based and ball control on offense.  that is the best defense we have.

Not a single player ran 4.5… now their dad may have brought them to the field and clocked them on the daddy watch… but no one on Vidor’s roster touched a legit 4.5

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Overall:  24 years:   117-124

Well… if you want to look at all 24 years let’s look at the 24 years before he took over… 69-157-3 … they were 15-86 the ten years prior to him becoming HC/ AD…I’d say he’s made a difference

it takes time to implement an offense and change a mindset in a program… especially one with a history of very little success… I think he implement the slot-t around 2006… after a couple years it caught on and more success followed than the program has ever seen.  

It’s unbelievable how miserable people are and unwilling to congratulate a man on job well done. Coach Mathews did a phenomenal job as AD/HC for Vidor but a few select individuals always want to talk about wins and loses… and before those people say it’s a sports and someone has to win and lose, you are right but sports is so much more than being about winning and losing. Sports are about teaching someone to be accountable, a team player, leadership, and so on. So before you chime in and focus solely on wins and loses…. Let’s see your win, loss record (and little league doesn’t count) or if y’all know so much about being a AD/HC let’s see those applications and credentials. 

2 hours ago, vhs said:

Well… if you want to look at all 24 years let’s look at the 24 years before he took over… 69-157-3 … they were 15-86 the ten years prior to him becoming HC/ AD…I’d say he’s made a difference

it takes time to implement an offense and change a mindset in a program… especially one with a history of very little success… I think he implement the slot-t around 2006… after a couple years it caught on and more success followed than the program has ever seen.  

Vidor was in 22-5A with bmt west brook, bmt central (there was no Ozen to take their players) , deer park , Laporte, lee & sterling through 1998. His first year in 99' coincided with a drop in classification. Apples to oranges

1 hour ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

It’s unbelievable how miserable people are and unwilling to congratulate a man on job well done. Coach Mathews did a phenomenal job as AD/HC for Vidor but a few select individuals always want to talk about wins and loses… and before those people say it’s a sports and someone has to win and lose, you are right but sports is so much more than being about winning and losing. Sports are about teaching someone to be accountable, a team player, leadership, and so on. So before you chime in and focus solely on wins and loses…. Let’s see your win, loss record (and little league doesn’t count) or if y’all know so much about being a AD/HC let’s see those applications and credentials. 

Most of the coach critics were\are trash youth league coaches & too embarrased to put their record or real name out here.😎 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Vidor was in 22-5A with bmt west brook, bmt central (there was no Ozen to take their players) , deer park , Laporte, lee & sterling through 1998. His first year in 99' coincided with a drop in classification. Apples to oranges

Again you’re wrong… Vidor was in 20-4A ‘96, ‘97 football years. 
‘96 football season Vidor was 5-5 under HC Pat Murphy

’97 football season Vidor was 2-8 under HC Johnson.

and I believe Vidor was still 20-4A the ‘98 football season. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Last time Vidor was in 5A (6A now) was 1995...they were in the same district as the Baytown Lee and Sterling, North Shore, Beaumont Central and West Brook, TJ, and PN-G