Vidor is open !!

lcm93

52 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

The grass ain’t always greener.   I hope they don’t find out, but have a feeling they may.

It doesn't hurt to try something different when the current  system couldn't produce a .500 winning % or a single playoff victory after the drop to 4A.. There has been a lack of energy within the program ever since 2016

Historic program only had about 5 applicants. It was never posted on any coaching sites. No recommendations were taken from the search committee. They had the guy already in place before CT even talked about retirement.

Also, our sports for this school year has a combined record of... 9-52. That's a .148 winning % overall.

not acceptable. 

WOS Drummer 99 is correct with his above statement. That’s isn’t acceptable at a place like WOS. That record and percentage is only gonna get worse after you put in the baseball and softball records. 

best of luck to Vidor on the coach search. Congrats to Coach Mathews on a long and good ride at Vidor. 

17 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

It doesn't hurt to try something different when the current  system couldn't produce a .500 winning % or a single playoff victory after the drop to 4A.. There has been a lack of energy within the program ever since 2016

68-56 last 12 seasons… two district championships… 7 playoff appearances 

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

They dropped to 4a two years ago… yet haven’t won a playoff game. 

You are correct… matched up against two very powerful Lindale teams and lost a one score game to chapel hill when Coach was sent to the ER two hours before kickoff… but you won’t find a 12 year stretch in Vidor history that even closely compares 

On 1/20/2023 at 10:10 AM, OGVillain said:

Anyone that thinks that way is an idiot & doesn’t understand what Coach Mathews has done. 

I love reading how so many people have expert opinions about what VISD needs to do & what they don’t need to do. How everyone who doesn’t know anything about the athletes in the program. People’s opinions about this Coach & that coach in or outside of the program. How coaches need to be fired if they don’t win state in 7 seasons. Yet you work at a plant & get over paid and gripe about the price of the gas you make at the same time. Or you are in business & haven’t had your names in Forbes Magazine yet. You must be a failure. Rant over!

18 hours ago, vhs said:

You are correct… matched up against two very powerful Lindale teams and lost a one score game to chapel hill when Coach was sent to the ER two hours before kickoff… but you won’t find a 12 year stretch in Vidor history that even closely compares 

So why did Vidor keep catching Lindale in the first round? I thought 1s usually matches up with 4s, etc?

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

I believe Bridge City has a State Title.  How about Vidor?

I’ll say it slower and louder for the people that can’t comprehend.

Since this thread is about Mathews leaving and the HC opening up, why don’t we look a W-L record while Mathews was HC. Ands that’s for the Cardinal pecker, I mean backer not you.