Vidor is open !!

lcm93

I guess the talk I have been hearing was spot on.

From KBMT's Ashly Elam:

Vidor’s Jeff Mathews will not return as the school’s AD/Head Football Coach after deciding to make a career change.
Mathews first season leading the Pirates was in 1999. In that time Vidor advanced to the playoffs nine times and won two district titles.
Mathews career ends with a record of 117-124.

22 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I guess the talk I have been hearing was spot on.

From KBMT's Ashly Elam:

Vidor’s Jeff Mathews will not return as the school’s AD/Head Football Coach after deciding to make a career change.
Mathews first season leading the Pirates was in 1999. In that time Vidor advanced to the playoffs nine times and won two district titles.
Mathews career ends with a record of 117-124.

Any idea where he is going? 

3 minutes ago, BigEnosBurdette said:

Coach Mathews changed the lives of many young men throughout the years. He is a good coach and an even better person!

There is one coach on the staff that needs to be the next HC. He is well liked, has great football, and would be a good HC

But, would he be a good Athletic Director and is he even qualified for that job?

Just now, BigEnosBurdette said:

Very qualified and would make a damn good AD. He has been a Vidor for awhile. 

What I mean by qualified is most schools require a master's degree to be an Athletic Director. Just because one has tenure at a school doesn't mean he/she meets the required school's qualifications.

1 minute ago, HarryDoyle said:

What different offense or defense would be a better fit for them than what they have been in?

Literally any offense. They don’t even run the slot T that well. And the belief that vidor kids “can’t” do a modern offense (a belief that Coach Matthews has shamelessly expressed in news interviews) is baseless. There is nothing different between the PNG / Nederland kids and the Vidor kids except that the Vidor kids’ coaches think the Vidor kids can’t learn how to throw a ball. 

4 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Literally any offense. They don’t even run the slot T that well. And the belief that vidor kids “can’t” do a modern offense (a belief that Coach Matthews has shamelessly expressed in news interviews) is baseless. There is nothing different between the PNG / Nederland kids and the Vidor kids except that the Vidor kids’ coaches think the Vidor kids can’t learn how to throw a ball. 

Wut?

1 minute ago, Rez Ipsa said:

You must have saw different Vidor kids on the field than me. I think there is a significant difference in the speed and size of the PNG kids vs the Vidor kids. I agree they could learn to throw and catch, but are they going to out run people in open space or be able to block in the interior one on one being outsized?

3 minutes ago, HarryDoyle said:

You must have saw different Vidor kids on the field than me. I think there is a significant difference in the speed and size of the PNG kids vs the Vidor kids. I agree they could learn to throw and catch, but are they going to out run people in open space or be able to block in the interior one on one being outsized?

yes 

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

vidor would probably better suited as running a "multiple offense" imo.