Useless Information - Trivia

Hagar

On 3/1/2023 at 3:08 PM, Hagar said:

Since that seemed to stump y’all, here’s another one like it:

Question:

What does AMF stand for (has changed name but if you’re an old bowler you should get this).

Btw, keep it clean - the MF ain’t what first comes to mind.  

😂😂😂👽👽👽😂😂😂

No answers so I’ll give you this one.

American Machine & Foundry

Did some bowling in my lounger days.  Their pins were white with two horizontal red rings in the inset.

Next question.

What significant Holiday was yesterday?

If y’all don’t get this one, I think I’ll stop asking these questions so often.  I’m afraid y’all have gone brain dead.  
😂😂😂👽👽👽😂😂😂

59 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Next question.

What significant Holiday was yesterday?

If y’all don’t get this one, I think I’ll stop asking these questions so often.  I’m afraid y’all have gone brain dead.  
😂😂😂👽👽👽😂😂😂

I actually know this one….Texas Independence Day. Gave a short speech over the school PA system in 8th grade @ Bowie Jr. High school in Beaumont. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Did some bowling in my lounger days.  Their pins were white with two horizontal red rings in the inset.

Also bought and sold Harley Davison motorcycles back in the 70s. 

6 hours ago, baddog said:

I actually know this one….Texas Independence Day. Gave a short speech over the school PA system in 8th grade @ Bowie Jr. High school in Beaumont. 

What an honor.  Proud of you old buddy..  Bet you did a bang up job.

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

I bowled 3 leagues a week one time… 2 At the same time. A guy had dropped out of a team in another league and I was already bowling league at the same time. I bowled six games running back-and-forth between lanes.

9 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I bowled 3 leagues a week one time… 2 At the same time. A guy had dropped out of a team in another league and I was already bowling league at the same time. I bowled six games running back-and-forth between lanes.

Ironically my favorite spot was Tower Bowling lanes.  They had the best chocolate malts.  To many of their pins didn’t fall down though, lol.

On 2/27/2023 at 12:28 PM, rupert3 said:

LOL do think those are real weenies.  But that's nice.   Do yall remember nickel beer nights and foamer nights in the Astrodome?  Foamer night light on when Astros hit HR and beer was free the rest of the game until 7th inning.

Those were the days.

Just reading through these. My brother jokes that he still has shoulder trouble from my dad yanking him up on any deep fly ball back in the dome foam days.  Thanks for the memory. 

Legitimate question with a legitimate answer.  No one has ever answered yet.  So here we go:

A man without eyes saw plums on a tree.  He neither took plums nor left plums, so how could this be?

You have until Friday afternoon.  Use them lil old gray cells that have sit dormant.  
😂😂😂👽👽👽😂😂😂

On 3/9/2023 at 5:32 PM, Hagar said:

Legitimate question with a legitimate answer.  No one has ever answered yet.  So here we go:

A man without eyes saw plums on a tree.  He neither took plums nor left plums, so how could this be?

You have until Friday afternoon.  Use them lil old gray cells that have sit dormant.  
😂😂😂👽👽👽😂😂😂

This one - Had one eye. Saw 2 plums, took one & left one.  

14 hours ago, tvc184 said:

You have the chance of your first crack at it….. :) 

I don’t know enough to ask a decent question.  This is your balliwick.  You’d need to start it off.  I could ask you a question.  Saw cops on radar.  Two cars passed at 10 mph over limit.  Both changed lanes after passing patrol officer.  One used his blinker & one didn’t.  He ticketed the one who didn’t.  Everything else being equal, would you have done the same thing?

33 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I don’t know enough to ask a decent question.  This is your balliwick.  You’d need to start it off.  I could ask you a question.  Saw cops on radar.  Two cars passed at 10 mph over limit.  Both changed lanes after passing patrol officer.  One used his blinker & one didn’t.  He ticketed the one who didn’t.  Everything else being equal, would you have done the same thing?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I wouldn’t have stopped either. :) 

That’s a what if with a few scenarios.

What if the officer was running radar but he was not watching it at the moment both passed? You can tell that they were both speeding, but it was only his judgment as he was not looking at the radar. The officer could certainly make a lawful traffic stop using his opinion on what he saw, but can you justify citation for court and prove beyond a reasonable doubt?

What if he saw both cars speeding but then saw the second car committee second traffic violation and since he could probably only stop one, chose the driver that didn’t use the turn signal?

What if the officer just randomly chose one of the cars and after speaking with the driver, wrote only the citation for no turn signal?

I hated writing citations and rarely did. 

• 3 weeks later...