Who has the best chance to make it to state next season?

lcm93

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I'd like that too. Looks like yall got the last 2 in 09 and 11

Yeah the first 2 times y'all won. Yours truly happened to play on both of those varsity squads in the playoffs. The first time I want to say was Earl Thomas' last year and he and the whole team put out heads in our arse for real.  The whole time we talked about how we was going to stop him instead of how we was going to stop the offense.

3 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

well Jasper is gonna be good cause almost exactly 20 years ago in 2004 the DAWGS had a State Championship appearance.   

😉😄

I remember this very well... Y'all was in the same district as us at the time before we went back to our old district.  Jasper had the Dawgs then... I was only worried about #5 Sean Weatherspoon or whatever his name was from Silsbee back then.  Nobody in the district (Coldspring, Jasper, Shepherd, Buna, or Kirbyville could handle this man.) I want to say he was the district MVP that season.

5 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I remember this very well... Y'all was in the same district as us at the time before we went back to our old district.  Jasper had the Dawgs then... I was only worried about #5 Sean Weatherspoon or whatever his name was from Silsbee back then.  Nobody in the district (Coldspring, Jasper, Shepherd, Buna, or Kirbyville could handle this man.) I want to say he was the district MVP that season.

Spoon was an absolute beast for Jasper. 

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Ok my mistake it was Jasper he played for... He definitely was a damn beast. He looked like a grown man against boys out there.  Not to Adrian Peterson standards but boy was he a big one.

Hey @89Falcon I think you would find this interesting.  But I wish our teams now was at least like a team like this when Coldspring was one of the best in the 90's. That's why our coaches show it or the 92 season to us each year.  @AggiesAreWe Check out the game that year between us and Cameron Yoe I think you would find the field to you liking.  For all you Woodville, Lumberton and Newton fans I advise you not to watch because it will bring back haunting memories of #12 Doug Reece #26 Johnny McHenry (R.I.P.) and #33 Issac White.

4 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Hey @89Falcon I think you would find this interesting.  But I wish our teams now was at least like a team like this when Coldspring was one of the best in the 90's. That's why our coaches show it or the 92 season to us each year.  @AggiesAreWe Check out the game that year between us and Cameron Yoe I think you would find the field to you liking.  For all you Woodville, Lumberton and Newton fans I advise you not to watch because it will bring back haunting memories of #12 Doug Reece #26 Johnny McHenry (R.I.P.) and #33 Issac White.

And for the record not to sound cocky or anything like that but this particular decade almost every team was afraid to play Coldspring.

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Great - now that we know Jasper wins state in 4A-2 (sorry Silsbee you are out) and Coldsprings wins 3A-1 (sorry Franklin you are out )we can work on2a,5a, and 6A. 

4AD2 is out for the next 3 years. I would be surprised if Carthage loses a single game in that span. 

12 minutes ago, TexasBoy89 said:

If memory serves right, wasn’t it a very close game too. Like 49-47 or something 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yup. Controversial game. 

it was both  Gilmer had us down by 21 at 3 different points in the game. DAWGS had the ball and was driving down the field when time ran out.

17 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yup. Controversial game.  

This particular posting of the game  has what is clearly Gilmer fans calling the game. Gilmer jumped out to 21-0 lead to start the game and they are talking serious smack. lol as the game went on it become less and less. So much so come the second half and the DAWGS were storming back the one guy when Jasper was about to score to make it 49-41 says "I am getting nervous/ scared" may not be word for word but he said it and I LMAO when I heard it.

Gilmer had a helluva team that year, but my DAWGS left it all on the field that day and played like champions themselves.

2 hours ago, TexasBoy89 said:

Yep remember it like it was yesterday. He was only a sophomore and ended up transferring to Diboll. Heck of an athlete.

the reason he ended up in Diboll was because he was displaced from his home in Jasper because of Hurricane Rita. His aunt was a coach in Diboll and he went to live with her. Legit reason to move and they still made him have to sit out one year before playing sports.

18 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

the reason he ended up in Diboll was because he was displaced from his home in Jasper because of Hurricane Rita. His aunt was a coach in Diboll and he went to live with her. Legit reason to move and they still made him have to sit out one year before playing sports.

I remember that, a total mess of a situation. Hated it for Moye. 

On 3/23/2023 at 11:09 PM, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Was at several of the playoff games that year.  Coldspring had it all that year.    They were huge in the lines, had great backs, and skill kids.   Shoulda beat Seay in the semi’s at the Dome!

Have great memories of Coach Monahan and Coach Sykes.

Anthony Washington was a man among boys.   Guy was amazing.   I heard the LaMarque coach say that year that  he might have been the best player they played all year.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:05 AM, MackLewis said:

Was at several of the playoff games that year.  Coldspring had it all that year.    They were huge in the lines, had great backs, and skill kids.   Shoulda beat Seay in the semi’s at the Dome!

Have great memories of Coach Monahan and Coach Sykes.

Anthony Washington was a man among boys.   Guy was amazing.   I heard the LaMarque coach say that year that  he might have been the best player they played all year.

A lot of guys from Coldspring respected him and Coach Bradford.