Who has the best chance to make it to state next season?

lcm93

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Lorena was a little down last year, but won a state championship the year before.  Yoe is in the same district as them and is generally very good.  Columbus also comes to mind as a very good team that’s capable of making a run (Franklin beat them by 3), and Hitchcock should be good again next year.  But all roads lead through Franklin 

I dont disagree with anything you have said. Columbus seems like a definite factor based upon the results that you stated. Woodville and Diboll also played Franklin close. As previously mentioned, CS beat Diboll and played Woodville down to the wire.

Lorena certainly deserves consideration as well but no one other than Franklin is without question marks which would serve to accentuate the point that the Region is not "stacked" and could be had if a team "such as CS" were to significantly improve (which I anticipate they will). 

CS has the vast majority of a competitive team back (includes key skill players) and will add at least one impact player that will upgrade the box on both sides of the ball. 

21 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

5A1 will be tough but PAM will be loaded this year (next couple years also) the underclass + the …… pipeline has been good.

I feel like the QB play from last season was a major reason y'all made it to the 3rd round. Who will take over and what are your expectations?

12 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Backup last year would have been the starter. I don’t expect the passing to fall off any. He’s faster but he not going to run you over. (He’ll have a stronger rb room). I realistically expect nothing short of round 3.

LV rematch most likely. Unless the playoff seeding is different. I just know they also have high expectations. 

On 3/17/2023 at 6:44 PM, 89Falcon said:

I dont disagree with anything you have said. Columbus seems like a definite factor based upon the results that you stated. Woodville and Diboll also played Franklin close. As previously mentioned, CS beat Diboll and played Woodville down to the wire.

Lorena certainly deserves consideration as well but no one other than Franklin is without question marks which would serve to accentuate the point that the Region is not "stacked" and could be had if a team "such as CS" were to significantly improve (which I anticipate they will). 

CS has the vast majority of a competitive team back (includes key skill players) and will add at least one impact player that will upgrade the box on both sides of the ball. 

All the points that you made are valid to a certain degree but for me personally I just don't see them going far.  However I do have them making the playoffs this season coming up and could very well win in the Bi-District round but no further than that.  My main issue with Coldspring is the head coach.  His offensive schemes doesn't bode well with the type of athletes he has currently at his disposal.  I mean it did work against Diboll and other teams that we defeated but you have to be consistent in every game like that otherwise you will have no chance with the Franklins and Lorenas of the world.

13 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

All the points that you made are valid to a certain degree but for me personally I just don't see them going far.  However I do have them making the playoffs this season coming up and could very well win in the Bi-District round but no further than that.  My main issue with Coldspring is the head coach.  His offensive schemes doesn't bode well with the type of athletes he has currently at his disposal.  I mean it did work against Diboll and other teams that we defeated but you have to be consistent in every game like that otherwise you will have no chance with the Franklins and Lorenas of the world.

Keep the faith. You may be pleasantly surprised this year. 

10 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Did Woodville not have a good season? 2 rounds deep with close losses to Diboll and the top 2 teams in the region. Not a bad showing. 

He predicted state champions. Yes, they do have a good program. Most years E Chambers has owned them.