District favorites for 2023 (any District)?

lcm93

5 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

That is what I was talking about as well. I would be willing to place a large wager that the all-time record of Newton 8th vs Kountze 8th is overwhelmingly in favor of Newton. 

Well yeah duh lol I was referring to someone saying “Kountze” like the middle school program was bad. I never said they were better than Newton 

For the record I was merely asking if the future “star” played that evening. I went and didn’t notice anyone that I’d think Newton would be hitching their wagon to as a freshman. I assumed the kid must have been out.  In regards to the clock comment I just found it odd how the operation changed when Newton was down with under a minute to go.  Shocked Kountze was even winning at that point to be honest.  It was a middle school game so whatever.

6 hours ago, Tiger90 said:

For the record I was merely asking if the future “star” played that evening. I went and didn’t notice anyone that I’d think Newton would be hitching their wagon to as a freshman. I assumed the kid must have been out.  In regards to the clock comment I just found it odd how the operation changed when Newton was down with under a minute to go.  Shocked Kountze was even winning at that point to be honest.  It was a middle school game so whatever.

It is what it is——-time to move on. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 11:30 PM, Cherokee88 said:

Im not sure that LCM is capable of beating Lumberton or Vidor despite the transfers they are getting. I would have it as: 

1. L-train

2. Vidor 

3. Livingston 

4. LCM or Huffman

I agree with Lumberton winning again next year. Our QB had a strong season so I look for him to be even better! I’m already excited for the season! 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

All eyes will be on Nederland this year.  Pivotal.  I hope it will be in the upward direction.  If it is up Nederland will make the playoffs.  Are these young sophomores football players?  We'll find out.  Go Dogs!

I think they have some players on the team.   If they work hard in the offseason and are coached up they should make some noise next season.

1) Silsbee - King of the hill until they get knocked off. This team has always been able to play in wet, dry, windy, cold conditions. Won the DC last year on a cold, wet, windy night in Jasper on a great, go ahead, game winning TD reception. Who's going to be the QB? That's not the question. Who wouldn't want to be the QB at Silsbee with what we have coming back. 

2) Jasper - They bring back the kitchen sink. Another year under the new HC system could be just what the doctor ordered. With Jasper's tradition and what they have returning, it was very tempting to put them at......well, you know.

3) HF - They get there starting QB back then look out, that will allow Zeno to roam from sideline to sideline and that WR coming back will make teams hair stand on end.

4) WO-S - I do not think they will regress any more. This team has the talent and athleticism and tradition to bounce back. If the fans/community get behind the new HC system, it won't take long for the Mustangs to start stampeding again.  Not long at all. 

One slip, one hick up, one flinch and this will be turned upside down and all around. That is how close these four teams are. If you think things where exciting in 9-4A last year, well buckle up and get ready because it's going to be a wild ride. I would not be surprised if the DC does not have a loss this year.  TigerNation!!!

Who is Nederland going to beat in district?

I don’t think it will be Marshall, Dayton, PNG, or TC

From what I saw, they will have to come a million miles from last year. I saw a little talent out of the sophomore class, but the coaching staff is not very good. Hopefully they can improve and come in 5th

53 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Who is Nederland going to beat in district?

I don’t think it will be Marshall, Dayton, PNG, or TC

From what I saw, they will have to come a million miles from last year. I saw a little talent out of the sophomore class, but the coaching staff is not very good. Hopefully they can improve and come in 5th

I can understand your statement, no more than you have to think with.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:08 PM, STiger85 said:

WO-S - I do not think they will regress any more. This team has the talent and athleticism and tradition to bounce back. If the fans/community get behind the new HC system, it won't take long for the Mustangs to start stampeding again.  Not long at all. 

WOS needs more than fans/community getting behind the HC system…