Coaches on the Move

Bobcat1

23 hours ago, PrairieMan said:

Coach Toby Belt takes over as AD/Head Football Coach at Tarkington. 

Interesting. Don't know much about the guy. Seems to be a nomad with a somewhat troublesome Facebook news feed if I were a parent of a kid in that program. We shall see I guess. 

22 minutes ago, Gocats90 said:

Baseball Coach Chad Landry will be the football coach next season and BC will search for a AD/HC after the season.

So everybody knows this guy is a jam up , excellent baseball coach. His record of success is proven. Has he done football at the varsity level in recent years? If so, I would understand this move. If not , I mean it would seem like BC could go with another member of the varsity level staff at BC to hold down the program until they found someone else to take over that role. I think someone on here spoke of this new OC they just hired that had been a head coach at Sulphur and served as OC and football coach at the junior college level.  Wishing BC much success. From what I have heard it’s a great place to live and work, and again I will say that if Landry has been coaching football at the varsity level in recent years , then I understand this move….but if not, football is not baseball, and I would be a little uneasy. Best of luck to Coach Landry and BC. I know they will be great again in baseball. Best of luck in football. 

7 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

I think someone on here spoke of this new OC they just hired that had been a head coach at Sulphur and served as OC and football coach at the junior college level.

I find it a lil funny that BC brought in an OC from a baseball school. Then asked for the resignation of the AD/HFC.

BTW, Sulphur football is not good like Sulphur baseball. And BC baseball is not good like Sulphur baseball. Not even close. So maybe they got exactly what they wanted.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:45 PM, texas13 said:

Coach Landry is a good move for bc because a lot of the guys know him, and they play hard for him. Getting kids to come together and play hard and as a cohesive unit is just as much as X’s and O’s In high school football. If the kids like the coach the numbers will be there. 

Does this mean all the Baseball only players will play football now? @CardinalBacker

On 4/27/2023 at 2:46 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Seems like that Hardin HC job is a revolving door. 

Has been since 1941.   Should have hired Chad Taylor in 2012 when he first moved back to Liberty County.  But then again, I guess things work out the way they are supposed to.  I'm sure coach Taylor will have his hands full, but he knows a lot of those kids and parents over there.  With the same tough district that Hardin is in every year, I am sure his goal is 5-5 in the first year and try to move the needle forward from there (tall order).  He turned Liberty around so if anyone can do it, he's capable.   Maybe the TEA will come in and re-zone Hardin so they can be 2A like they should have been for the last 85 years, instead of having 135 kids drive 34 miles one way to school.  Kids who are for the most part non athletic and poor discipline / poor academic performance.  Who ever zoned Hardin ISD 85 years ago is still laughing in his grave. 

• 3 weeks later...