Coaches on the Move

Bobcat1

On 5/3/2023 at 12:07 PM, 2wedge said:

Well that narrows it down to two cities, Liberty and Daisetta. Can't imagine they'd be able to lure Lackey out of Liberty so that only leaves one man standing. 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:16 PM, mfd814 said:

My bad,  make it 20-25 miles away.  But I’m a Ma’am.  

On 5/5/2023 at 9:09 AM, 2wedge said:

There ain't no other town 7 miles from Hardin sir. 

Chad Taylor, is from "Liberty" which is 7 miles down the road.  That was my point. Ha!

3 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

Chad Taylor, is from "Liberty" which is 7 miles down the road.  That was my point. Ha!

Very clever of you sir. Honest question though, why would Taylor take this job? Seems like quite the dumpster fire in Hardin right now and he is certainly taking a pay cut to make the move considering he is losing the AD title. I heard what you said earlier about 2025, but with the current state of Hardin athletics and the parents who damn near revolted this year because the coaching was so poor in all sports except volleyball, he may not survive in that job until 2025!

18 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Very clever of you sir. Honest question though, why would Taylor take this job? Seems like quite the dumpster fire in Hardin right now and he is certainly taking a pay cut to make the move considering he is losing the AD title. I heard what you said earlier about 2025, but with the current state of Hardin athletics and the parents who damn near revolted this year because the coaching was so poor in all sports except volleyball, he may not survive in that job until 2025!

Only one direction - Up ? 

I dont know the answer to that question, only he does.

11 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

Only one direction - Up ? 

I dont know the answer to that question, only he does.

If he decides to answer, please let me in on what it is. Sounds like some people were questioning him around here even though he was making great progress in such a short time with alot of other kids. If he's really concerned about the loud minority's opinion then he's going to hate Hardin. Because at least here he had enough talent to beat bad teams. There he doesn't have enough talent to beat anybody! He's done some really good things out here in a year's time frame. and will be missed by the majority. 

1 hour ago, PrairieMan said:

If he decides to answer, please let me in on what it is. Sounds like some people were questioning him around here even though he was making great progress in such a short time with alot of other kids. If he's really concerned about the loud minority's opinion then he's going to hate Hardin. Because at least here he had enough talent to beat bad teams. There he doesn't have enough talent to beat anybody! He's done some really good things out here in a year's time frame. and will be missed by the majority. 

I'm sure there are more reasons than many think.  There usually is.

When coaches leave on their own.. and it's not a huge pay raise... it's sometimes multiple reasons.

18 hours ago, PrairieMan said:

I mean they probably just tried to fire their playoff coaches again

1 hour ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

All the deep pockets opened up at Colmesneil......🤣

Also fairly sure WH had a bond overwhelmingly fail recently. Probably was a factor in the decision to move along. Unfortunately, I feel this may signal the end of the WH football program. They were hanging on for dear life as it was anyway.  

48 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I was once told that there are two types of coaches:

1. How you coach is more important than where you live.
2. Where you live is more important than how you coach.

I'm not certain that going from WH to Colmesneil is a career move.

Closer to the Lake!

10 minutes ago, DP#1FAN said:

Closer to the Lake!

A lot of schools are close to lakes.  Again.. my point remains.

Don't be mistaken.. I'm happy for him and his family if this is what he wants.  I'm just saying that when you go from a small, traditionally bad football school to an even smaller, traditionally bad football school.. Then location of school has officially taken priority of the win/loss column.

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

A lot of schools are close to lakes.  Again.. my point remains.

Don't be mistaken.. I'm happy for him and his family if this is what he wants.  I'm just saying that when you go from a small, traditionally bad football school to an even smaller, traditionally bad football school.. Then location of school has officially taken priority of the win/loss column.

Maybe Colmesneil is loaded with athletes coming up? About to steamroll the Region to the extent that the Four Horsemen from HD would be envious. 

17 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Maybe Colmesneil is loaded with athletes coming up? About to steamroll the Region to the extent that the Four Horsemen from HD would be envious. 

I suppose anything's possible.  I'll refrain from putting money on that, though.

Disclaimer: They'll probably be much better with the enrolling of his kid.. from what I hear.