Coaches on the Move

Bobcat1

On 1/8/2023 at 5:20 PM, Reagan said:

Remember, the same thing was being said about PNG and not getting any where near a State Title.  But, with the right coach, well, we see what happened.  Look at what happened to WOS by having the wrong coach.  Same athletes, wrong coach.  

I'm just wondering, if Joseph stays at PNG for 6 more years and they never win a state championship, will it be time to fire him?

17 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

I'm just wondering, if Joseph stays at PNG for 6 more years and they never win a state championship, will it be time to fire him?

A few things for your consideration:  Whatever happens will be totally up to the PNG coach.  Elite coaches usually take less than 7 years to win their first State Title.  If's my feeling that it'll be known whether or not they have what it takes to win a State Title within 7 years.  I think we all knew within 7 years that the previous PNG coach wasn't going to win a Title when he hit the 7 year mark.  So, as we know, 5 years was wasted.  On the other hand, which I don't think he will, what if the PNG coach goes 2-8 for the next 6 years?  Do we wait 20 more years for a State Title?  One good thing in his favor though, is that PNG appears to set their limit at 12 years.   

I think we all knew within the first 7 years the previous Nederland coach wasn't going to win one.  Same for the coach Nederland has now.  Unfortunately how long will the Nederland faithful be stuck with him?!  Too bad Nederland can't wise up and make a change so that the Nederland fan base can experience the thrill of a State Title run like the fans at PNG has done 4 times since 1975!  It's all about the choices you are willing to make and willing to live with!

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

A few things for your consideration:  Whatever happens will be totally up to the PNG coach.  Elite coaches usually take less than 7 years to win their first State Title.  If's my feeling that it'll be known whether or not they have what it takes to win a State Title within 7 years.  I think we all knew within 7 years that the previous PNG coach wasn't going to win a Title when he hit the 7 year mark.  So, as we know, 5 years was wasted.  On the other hand, which I don't think he will, what if the PNG coach goes 2-8 for the next 6 years?  Do we wait 20 more years for a State Title?  One good thing in his favor though, is that PNG appears to set their limit at 12 years.   

I think we all knew within the first 7 years the previous Nederland coach wasn't going to win one.  Same for the coach Nederland has now.  Unfortunately how long will the Nederland faithful be stuck with him?!  Too bad Nederland can't wise up and make a change so that the Nederland fan base can experience the thrill of a State Title run like the fans at PNG has done 4 times since 1975!  It's all about the choices you are willing to make and willing to live with!

Imagine responding to a post seriously... not knowing that you're being made fun of.

As a PN-G fan one observation I have made this season is that Coach Joseph and his staff he assembled handled the big game well. I am not just speaking of the SC game against SOC (a great and deserving team), but games such as against FBM both times. His staff prepared the team well and adjusted his game plan to each team. This may seem like an obvious comment to something that should be normal but it isn't. Another thing that is obvious, but did happen was PN-G continuously approved each week. Coach Joseph and coach McDaniel played together at Katy and won a SC while playing. Both also coached in SC games. The other coach McCrary played WR at University of Texas. He was brought to PNG from SLC. As a player McCrary played in back to back SC,s and as a coach in 2020 his team made the SC before coming to PNG. That's 3 SC appearances for the OC plus years as a WR for UT. I can see now that as coaches at PNG they all have experience as playing in SC games. This was evident that any game we played in this year wasn't an unobtainable win or to be competitive. Coach McDaniel was the DC for Katy for several years and coached them in the SC games. That's my take from our coaching staff. Yes Coach Faircloth left them in great shape with a talented offense. The new coaches moved people around and wasn't afraid to play any player at any position at any time. Great staff assembled PNG and TY for doing a great job while replacing the winningest coach in our history. I couldn't even guess what the future holds at PNG, but I believe as long as we have this staff being competitive is something we should see every week under their leadership. We have quite a bit back next season. The line will be huge. RB is back adding Blair too the backfield next season which will add a bit more speed to the backfield for next season. WR will have to be replaced. QB will either be Shea or the Soph next year. Défense has a bit back next season as well. By the way there is a person on here who said PNG, Nederland, PAM, Lumberton, Vidor and so on would never make it to state again. Haven't seen so much as a good season or I was wrong at all from said person. Dont really care. PNG had a great season. Hope we have another one someday. If anything this should give hope to similar landlocked, non-magnet type schools still can and will make it to the big game. Look at Silsbee they have been on the cusp for a few years. It is possible. The last thing I would say is TY to all of you who supported us in this journey. Your support was noticed and appreciated by Indians fans everywhere. 

4 hours ago, prepballfan said:

As a PN-G fan one observation I have made this season is that Coach Joseph and his staff he assembled handled the big game well. I am not just speaking of the SC game against SOC (a great and deserving team), but games such as against FBM both times. His staff prepared the team well and adjusted his game plan to each team. This may seem like an obvious comment to something that should be normal but it isn't. Another thing that is obvious, but did happen was PN-G continuously approved each week. Coach Joseph and coach McDaniel played together at Katy and won a SC while playing. Both also coached in SC games. The other coach McCrary played WR at University of Texas. He was brought to PNG from SLC. As a player McCrary played in back to back SC,s and as a coach in 2020 his team made the SC before coming to PNG. That's 3 SC appearances for the OC plus years as a WR for UT. I can see now that as coaches at PNG they all have experience as playing in SC games. This was evident that any game we played in this year wasn't an unobtainable win or to be competitive. Coach McDaniel was the DC for Katy for several years and coached them in the SC games. That's my take from our coaching staff. Yes Coach Faircloth left them in great shape with a talented offense. The new coaches moved people around and wasn't afraid to play any player at any position at any time. Great staff assembled PNG and TY for doing a great job while replacing the winningest coach in our history. I couldn't even guess what the future holds at PNG, but I believe as long as we have this staff being competitive is something we should see every week under their leadership. We have quite a bit back next season. The line will be huge. RB is back adding Blair too the backfield next season which will add a bit more speed to the backfield for next season. WR will have to be replaced. QB will either be Shea or the Soph next year. Défense has a bit back next season as well. By the way there is a person on here who said PNG, Nederland, PAM, Lumberton, Vidor and so on would never make it to state again. Haven't seen so much as a good season or I was wrong at all from said person. Dont really care. PNG had a great season. Hope we have another one someday. If anything this should give hope to similar landlocked, non-magnet type schools still can and will make it to the big game. Look at Silsbee they have been on the cusp for a few years. It is possible. The last thing I would say is TY to all of you who supported us in this journey. Your support was noticed and appreciated by Indians fans everywhere. 

I second every word of this post, the emboldened lines in particular. The game planning this season couldn't be beat, and the support PN-G enjoyed from the rest of Southeast Texas was deeply, deeply appreciated by the PN-G community.

24 minutes ago, outanup said:

Coach Joseph did a jam up job, no doubt…. Hats off to him and his staff… with that said he won’t be in Port Neches in 7 years…. You can take that to the bank.

Again, proves what the right coach can do for a program.  And, you may be right about him not being there in 7 years.  At PNG, Doug Ethridge got his State Title in 3 years.  So, we shall see!  

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

So see, you take an 8 team district.  After 7 years, you take the coach that didn't win a state championship and he's fired.  The other 7 who won state championships get to keep their jobs.  Wait, there's how many districts?  

Survival of the fittest!  This rings true in just about any other aspect in life except coaching.  LOL!

12 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Surprised that WOS HC position hasn’t been questioned.  How many years will he have to produce?  Great tradition and great program.  I’m sure the pressure is on.

It has been questioned a ton,he will have 25 years to produce(retirement),the tradition is over due to politics!