Coaches on the Move

Bobcat1

• 2 weeks later...
  • KF89 featured this topic
4 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Oh boy be careful what you wish for! Lol this is how the moodys are landed

But, with what you said about Moody, he and the Vidor coach have 2 things in common:  As head coaches, neither one has appeared in a State Title game and neither one has won an out-right District championship.  (Grin)

27 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Vidors budget that big? I dont wanna know what they paid for todd dodges open check book consulting fee.

Not sure what they paid Josephs.  But, it might not be a lot, compared to some,  since at the time of his hiring he was an unknown quantity.  Also not sure about Dodges' fee.  But it did pay off in the long run as far as playoff money.  But, as I've always said, there are no guarantees.  BUT -- the important thing is to continue and try to find a coach to bring about  a State Title.  IMHO, even the unlearned knew that after a set amount of time, the Vidor coach wasn't the answer to a State Title.  But, like I've always thought, he ran a respectable program.  

On 1/6/2023 at 4:11 PM, Reagan said:

But, with what you said about Moody, he and the Vidor coach have 2 things in common:  As head coaches, neither one has appeared in a State Title game and neither one has won an out-right District championship.  (Grin)

The amount of ignorance that believes a coach should be able to lead Vidor to a state title in 7 years or be fired is uncomprehencible.

22 hours ago, MackLewis said:

The amount of ignorance that believes a coach should be able to lead Vidor to a state title in 7 years or be fired is uncomprehencible.

Remember, the same thing was being said about PNG and not getting any where near a State Title.  But, with the right coach, well, we see what happened.  Look at what happened to WOS by having the wrong coach.  Same athletes, wrong coach.  

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

Remember, the same thing was being said about PNG and not getting any where near a State Title.  But, with the right coach, well, we see what happened.  Look at what happened to WOS by having the wrong coach.  Same athletes, wrong coach.  

Not sure I've seen many knowledgeable claim png wouldn't compete before the current coach.