Should UIL go to a three year stadium rotation for football state games?

AggiesAreWe

21 hours ago, WOS1986 said:

I agreed 1,000 percent with ya.

I highly doubt that won't happen because UIL location in Dallas so don't want come to Houston and San Antonio because of expense such as UIL staff pay hotels and transportation. They want save money.

Again, I support that we should rotate.

The UIL is located in Austin.

Maybe folks should pressure their superintendent to propose a rotation to the legislative council to get the ball rolling 

12 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

The UIL is located in Austin.

Maybe folks should pressure their superintendent to propose a rotation to the legislative council to get the ball rolling 

It has been proposed and talked about a few times but they just keep shooting it down. I think Jerry has made them one hell of a deal they can't pass up. Jerry is a marketing genius and probably 95% of the time he gets what he wants. In a half a week he makes a fortune off of these state games.

8 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

It has been proposed and talked about a few times but they just keep shooting it down. I think Jerry has made them one hell of a deal they can't pass up. Jerry is a marketing genius and probably 95% of the time he gets what he wants. In a half a week he makes a fortune off of these state games.

If enough people come forward it could be enough to bring it to a vote

San Antonio would be great.  Indoor facility with plenty of places to stay.

Look at the last 5-10 years and the participants of the state title games.   Outside of Westlake, and the smaller classes, there won’t really be a home field advantage, like Dallas is.

It’s a shame the Austin area don’t have an indoor facility.   Would be great location, like the rest of the sports.

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

The locker rooms were an issue last time at NRG.  2 main locker rooms split by a partition with teams having to move at halftime.  Only one side had a bathroom & showers.  Kids changing in the tunnels etc   

JerryWorld is built for this. 

locker rooms are an issue in San Antonio too

Absolutely no. 
AT&T is heads and above the best stadium to hold the state championship. 
Houston traffic sucks. 
San Antonio traffic and stadium sucks. 
Austin, who the heck wants to drive into that woke California invested piece of crap. 
Every kid in Texas wants to play in Cowboys Stadium with the big screen. 

2 hours ago, MackLewis said:

San Antonio would be great.  Indoor facility with plenty of places to stay.

Look at the last 5-10 years and the participants of the state title games.   Outside of Westlake, and the smaller classes, there won’t really be a home field advantage, like Dallas is.

It’s a shame the Austin area don’t have an indoor facility.   Would be great location, like the rest of the sports.

No real Texan wants to drive into that woke California traffic night mare. 

They shouldn’t be wanting to play at Jerry’s monstrosity.  They should be wanting to play for a state championship.  Most of the population is in the east part of the state. So having it in NRG every 3 years is not that bad.  Rotate.  I’m tired of the home field advantage to the DFW schools.  Mom cooks them breakfast and they catch a ride to the game.

2 hours ago, Horton said:

Absolutely no. 
AT&T is heads and above the best stadium to hold the state championship. 
Houston traffic sucks. 
San Antonio traffic and stadium sucks. 
Austin, who the heck wants to drive into that woke California invested piece of crap. 
Every kid in Texas wants to play in Cowboys Stadium with the big screen. 

I've been to AT&T 3 times for state now...AT&T has 3 plusses for me. I sit on the top row and I like the view at AT&T much better than NRG and overall it's a much nicer facility than NRG Also the food is much better at AT&T than NRG...now the bad I hate the fan experience at AT&T  there's no security to speak of so if you get up to get consessions or to use the restroom unless you're really friendly with the people near you or your buddy stays in the seats and waits for your return chances are good you won't have that seat when you return, I've never had that problem at NRG on a related note i almost saw i fight at this year's game because Port Neches fans couldn't wait to get seats from Boerne fans who hadnt even left yet once again Security was nowhere in sight...I also hate Dallas traffic more than Houston atleast in Houston people will give you consideration even though there's more cars...You won't find that in Dallas. Finally I'll close with this I hear people saying Dallas area teams has a home field advantage being close to home, while technically true I thought the teams closer to AT&T Stadium were just flat out better this year in coaching and talent with the exception of Franklin it happens I think the south will come back stronger next year 

This was my tenth year attending the entire weekend, and I can say without a doubt, AT&T is the premiere location for these games. There is no argument to be made except for the one about home field advantage. Having said that, NS has won 3 of 4 from Duncanville with the disadvantage everyone is saying they have by going into AT&T for that game. The DFW teams have an advantage, but it has nothing to do with the location. It's more related to facilities, support and easy ability to move around. 

I don’t like all the state games being at one place. I know I’m probably in the minority in this situation and it’s great for the fans of high school football (not necessarily the fans of the two teams playing), but way too often the travel difference for the two teams it too big of a gap. I liked it when the two coaches decided. I think if each game was more central to the two teams playing more fans from those teams would be attending. I might be wrong, but that’s my belief.

13 hours ago, JSnipes said:

I don’t like all the state games being at one place. I know I’m probably in the minority in this situation and it’s great for the fans of high school football (not necessarily the fans of the two teams playing), but way too often the travel difference for the two teams it too big of a gap. I liked it when the two coaches decided. I think if each game was more central to the two teams playing more fans from those teams would be attending. I might be wrong, but that’s my belief.

UIL has made the state championships an event, not just a game. This is the magic of it all. So many people, like myself, make it a tradition to travel up and spend the entire weekend celebrating the greatest sports event there is, TXHSFB. The coaches and fans need to realize, if you make it to state, you are going to be showcased in an arena where a lot of eyes will be on you. If you go back to centralized locations with individual games, all of that pagentry goes away. Do you think Clemson is concerned about having to travel to California to play USC in the national championship game if that is how the schedule falls? No. They probably don't like it, but they're not going to petition to have that game played in Missouri rather than at SoFi.  

13 hours ago, 2wedge said:

UIL has made the state championships an event, not just a game. This is the magic of it all. So many people, like myself, make it a tradition to travel up and spend the entire weekend celebrating the greatest sports event there is, TXHSFB. The coaches and fans need to realize, if you make it to state, you are going to be showcased in an arena where a lot of eyes will be on you. If you go back to centralized locations with individual games, all of that pagentry goes away. Do you think Clemson is concerned about having to travel to California to play USC in the national championship game if that is how the schedule falls? No. They probably don't like it, but they're not going to petition to have that game played in Missouri rather than at SoFi.  

They can make it an event, it doesn’t mean I have to like it more than a centralized location. Coaches and players probably love it. I just think there are a lot of fans that can’t make the trip that might make the trip if it was centralized. Also having games start at 11 and 3 on weekdays makes it a lot harder for fans to get there. Some people might not be able to get off work during the week that would be able to make it on a Friday or Saturday night. 

2 hours ago, JSnipes said:

They can make it an event, it doesn’t mean I have to like it more than a centralized location. Coaches and players probably love it. I just think there are a lot of fans that can’t make the trip that might make the trip if it was centralized. Also having games start at 11 and 3 on weekdays makes it a lot harder for fans to get there. Some people might not be able to get off work during the week that would be able to make it on a Friday or Saturday night. 

I prefer the noon kickoff but I understand why the UIL changed the time from noon to 11am was to prevent games from ending at almost 11pm