Png 2023 ??

lcm93

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

I just stopped laughing!  I can you are still trying to perfect your silliness.  I may need to start calling you the "Silly Perfecter!"  

First of all, my 7 year program is for teams to win State within their classifications.  Therefore I never said anything like what you stated.  No one has ever asked, say, Sabine Pass to compete with, say, Katy to win a Title.  Not going to happen.  So, if Surratt goes to Sabine Pass then yes, I can see him winning a Title in 7 years.  Carthage never won a Title until he got there.  

Look, there are some here who blame the kids and there are some here that blame the coach.  You talk about playoff runs, why is it that Carthage can and those in the same district can't.  Sounds like coaching to me.  It's always interested me why schools can never win a Title.  But then a certain type of coach comes in and starts winning Titles.  I not a firm believer in "the kids just started showing up when this coach did!"  I just don't think the Vidor coach, if he was there,  could have done the same thing as Dodge did at Southlake Carroll and Westlake.  Then again, I think one poster actually said Dodge wasn't that good.  He just had the right kids.  But, it's all speculation anyway and my opinion!!  

Fine.. even though you’re the one that claims any coach can go anywhere and win regardless of the talent.

We’ll stick to classifications.  True or false: The Carthage coach could spend 7 years in Sabine Pass and beat Mart.  Taking into consideration that SP doesn’t change their academic requirements for transfer.

True or False 

9 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Fine.. even though you’re the one that claims any coach can go anywhere and win regardless of the talent.

We’ll stick to classifications.  True or false: The Carthage coach could spend 7 years in Sabine Pass and beat Mart.  Taking into consideration that SP doesn’t change their academic requirements for transfer.

True or False 

Bold:  Yes, against who they are set to compete against.  School are set every two years against like-kind opponents.  But let me correct one thing.  Not any coach.  It takes a coach with special talent to go any where and win.  I've said in a previous post that I scrolled through pages and pages of the Texas Football History web site and and never see a school with a State Title.  Then you might see one and then nothing.  It's hard for me to believe that there is not 1 year that these schools ever had championship-type kids.  I also stated that there was a coach at a school for 42 years.  And no Titles.  Again -- no kids at least once there?!

Now we are starting to make a little sense.  Previously, I've been laughing too hard at the questions like:  Can Sabine Pass beat the KC Chiefs?  LOL!!  Anyway, first of all, we are talking about Sabine Pass and Mart in their present day condition.  This is the reason why you used these 2 examples.  But, before Mart won their first Title, what did it look like there?  How about at Aledo?  How about at Carthage?  May not be able to compare 100%.   But there was obviously something wrong because there were no Titles before Buchanan, Surratt and Lindloff arrived.  I haven't studied much of their past.  But, I have studied Stephenville when Art Briles was there.  Stephenville was pretty bad.  From 1909 to when Briles showed up, Stephenville never won more than 9 games.  And they did that only 3 times.  Brownwood was the big dog in their district.  Stephenville had not won a DC since 1952.  And they had not beaten Brownwood since 1963.  That's 25 years before Briles got there.  Briles shows up and institutes his program and in 6 years won his 1st Title.  Went on the win 3 more.  His 12 year record is 136-29.  And yes, they beat Brownwood.  Point being, up until Briles showed up, concerning beating Brownwood, and possibly other things, I'm sure people were saying the same thing there as being said about Sabine Pass.  You know, they can't do this and they can't do that.  But what happened to these different schools?  The right coach came along. 

So, now back to Surratt and Sabine pass.  My answer is absolutely he could.  7 years is a long time.  That's enough time to institute his program.  In 7 years Mart might not be the same and not have an Elite coach.  But here's another caveat:  What if they meet up and both teams have Elite coaches.  Then what?

Oh, and BTW, thanks for bringing up Mart.  5 coaches have won Titles there.  And all 5 first Titles were won within my 7 year time frame!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Bold:  Yes, against who they are set to compete against.  School are set every two years against like-kind opponents.  But let me correct one thing.  Not any coach.  It takes a coach with special talent to go any where and win.  I've said in a previous post that I scrolled through pages and pages of the Texas Football History web site and and never see a school with a State Title.  Then you might see one and then nothing.  It's hard for me to believe that there is not 1 year that these schools ever had championship-type kids.  I also stated that there was a coach at a school for 42 years.  And no Titles.  Again -- no kids at least once there?!

Now we are starting to make a little sense.  Previously, I've been laughing too hard at the questions like:  Can Sabine Pass beat the KC Chiefs?  LOL!!  Anyway, first of all, we are talking about Sabine Pass and Mart in their present day condition.  This is the reason why you used these 2 examples.  But, before Mart won their first Title, what did it look like there?  How about at Aledo?  How about at Carthage?  May not be able to compare 100%.   But there was obviously something wrong because there were no Titles before Buchanan, Surratt and Lindloff arrived.  I haven't studied much of their past.  But, I have studied Stephenville when Art Briles was there.  Stephenville was pretty bad.  From 1909 to when Briles showed up, Stephenville never won more than 9 games.  And they did that only 3 times.  Brownwood was the big dog in their district.  Stephenville had not won a DC since 1952.  And they had not beaten Brownwood since 1963.  That's 25 years before Briles got there.  Briles shows up and institutes his program and in 6 years won his 1st Title.  Went on the win 3 more.  His 12 year record is 136-29.  And yes, they beat Brownwood.  Point being, up until Briles showed up, concerning beating Brownwood, and possibly other things, I'm sure people were saying the same thing there as being said about Sabine Pass.  You know, they can't do this and they can't do that.  But what happened to these different schools?  The right coach came along. 

So, now back to Surratt and Sabine pass.  My answer is absolutely he could.  7 years is a long time.  That's enough time to institute his program.  In 7 years Mart might not be the same and not have an Elite coach.  But here's another caveat:  What if they meet up and both teams have Elite coaches.  Then what?

Oh, and BTW, thanks for bringing up Mart.  5 coaches have won Titles there.  And all 5 first Titles were won within my 7 year time frame!

It’s downright confusing how dumb your line of thinking is on the subject.  I’ll give you this.. you’re committed to it.

1 minute ago, Reagan said:

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said!  

There’s nothing you could ever say, nor is there any handpicked selection of statistics you could ever show me that will convince me that a coach can win a state championship solely on his coaching capabilities without any talent whatsoever.  Nothing.  There are also plenty of examples where your definition of an elite coach had windows of mediocre seasons after winning said titles.  All of which is either ignored by you or answered with some kind of “exception to the rule” type nonsense.  I don’t care what you think.  Surratt isn’t winning a state championship at Sabine Pass as long as they keep their academic requirements in place.  That.. and that alone.. is the reason a coach won’t go in and draw neglected athletes from Port Arthur.  Which is their avenue to athletic excellence.

They’d rather win UIL and OAP state titles.  Know what? Cool.  Good for them.

As far as HD.  Look at what happened to the community populations and school enrollment.  The town is drying up.  Since their title, they probably need transfers for any success whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

It shouldn't take 7 years to do. 😁😉 (I had to say it 😂)

An elite poster will definitely read the forum rules in a 7 year window.  An elite school will hire the right coach within 7 years.  Just like an elite scholar will get a point across in 7 years or less.

Same rules??

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

"9) Keep to the subject. Post to the section that is most appropriate for the topic being presented."

It's pretty vague, and I would say this rule gets broken every single day in the Football forum...but it's definitely in there.

True!  It just go broke twice by Old School and Garrett.  This rule probably should get deleted.  As long as it’s civil with no insults and vulgarity,  talking about something else within a topic should not matter.  Point is, what difference does it make?

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

True!  It just go broke twice by Old School and Garrett.  This rule probably should get deleted.  As long as it’s civil with no insults and vulgarity,  talking about something else within a topic should not matter.  Point is, what difference does it make?

A lot of difference. Particularly in a game thread when folks are wanting updates of the game but a couple of people are having a personal dispute on an entirely different subject than the game at hand.

Rules were put into place for many reasons.

Don't like it, well........

54 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A lot of difference. Particularly in a game thread when folks are wanting updates of the game but a couple of people are having a personal dispute on an entirely different subject than the game at hand.

Rules were put into place for many reasons.

Don't like it, well........

Rules, you are 100% correct.  But rules are also made to be changed if needed.  Aggie, you and I are breaking this rule right now. I doubt very seriously anyone has been put out because a topic has swerved off course.   So, yes, it needs to go away.  As always, that's my opinion!

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Rules, you are 100% correct.  But rules are also made to be changed if needed.  Aggie, you and I are breaking this rule right now. I doubt very seriously anyone has been put out because a topic has swerved off course.   

You would be very wrong. I get private messages and notifications all the time about such things.

I am only commenting about this rule thing because it was asked.

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

You could have started a subject on it or PM about it.  So, yes, the rule was broken!  

The rules are already posted in another thread. Admins and Mods are supposed to inform members about rules, even in other threads.

But, just so that we can get back on the subject of this thread, I will do some house cleaning.

It's always funny when I read any of these threads and people talk about paying Surratt.  He could have any open job in the state of Texas, but people think he's gonna come coach PNG or Vidor or Bridge City, or whatever.  If he were to go anywhere, I'd imagine it would be to a 6A school in Dallas or Houston.  He's certainly not coming to SETX just because some school is willing to pay him $25K more a year than he's making now.  

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

There is getting slightly off topic for a couple of posts and then there is getting way off topic for a page and a half.   It is up to the mods/admins discretion as to how far off before we reel it back in.    Its time to reel this one back in to the topic.   Start your own thread ( which is already there by the way) if you want a different topic.