Port Neches-Groves vs South Oak Cliff - LIVE GAME UPDATES

WOSdrummer99

24 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I thought the stadium was nice, but not impressed with seating in stadium. I actually like watching football in NRG better. What was the deal with not opening the end zone on first level?

Also, the attendance numbers for 6A were higher then the day before which I find questionable. If you look at pics of both days, it sure seems to show Friday night larger then Saturday night.

The Houston Chronicle stated that there were 40,000 + in attendance to watch NS and Duncanville. So if you say that the stands were more full for the PNG game, then they must have had over 40k in attendance, (presuming the Chronical is accurate). 

7 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

2023 PNG Commanders . Because we need to please everyones feelings 

I've always said we shouldn't have anything to do with Cherokee. Karankawa, maybe. But I say we go with the Welders. PNG Welders. "W-E-L-D-E-R-S! Tack 'em Welders, Tack 'em!!"  Just think of the possibilities. I've already suggested this on the PNG site. 

Went to the game… first time I’ve seen PNG’s o-line struggle. SOC was stacked and probably more athletic at every position on the field. Png has played smart, disciplined football through the playoffs but it kinda slipped away on Friday, and a lot of that came from the defensive pressure that SOC was bringing. 

I thought SOC’s coaching made adjustments early… there really wasn’t a lot more that PNG could have done. I was also impressed with SOC’s composure when they fell behind early. They didn’t even come close to giving up. A lot of character was shown. 

I was disappointed by how sloppy SOC played though. Personal fouls, penalties, etc… their athleticism allowed them to get away with playing sloppy. 

Good team, two really good programs for completely different reasons. 

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Went to the game… first time I’ve seen PNG’s o-line struggle. SOC was stacked and probably more athletic at every position on the field. Png has played smart, disciplined football through the playoffs but it kinda slipped away on Friday, and a lot of that came from the defensive pressure that SOC was bringing. 

I thought SOC’s coaching made adjustments early… there really wasn’t a lot more that PNG could have done. I was also impressed with SOC’s composure when they fell behind early. They didn’t even come close to giving up. A lot of character was shown. 

I was disappointed by how sloppy SOC played though. Personal fouls, penalties, etc… their athleticism allowed them to get away with playing sloppy. 

Good team, two really good programs for completely different reasons. 

I'll say this, #33 for PNG left it all on the field Friday night. He was visibly exhausted in the 4th qtr. 

58 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I thought the stadium was nice, but not impressed with seating in stadium. I actually like watching football in NRG better. What was the deal with not opening the end zone on first level?

Also, the attendance numbers for 6A were higher then the day before which I find questionable. If you look at pics of both days, it sure seems to show Friday night larger then Saturday night.

Not sure why that is...we wonder that most years regarding the end zone seating...

The 6A D1 crowd IMO was bigger than the PNG-SOC game

3 hours ago, 1970 said:

The Houston Chronicle stated that there were 40,000 + in attendance to watch NS and Duncanville. So if you say that the stands were more full for the PNG game, then they must have had over 40k in attendance, (presuming the Chronical is accurate). 

It may be how the seating is at AT&T. It seemed to be a bigger crowd then in 1999 in the astrodome.

4 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

NRG puts AT&T to shame! The parking at AT&T is awful and the stadium doesn’t light a candle to NRG. Jerry Jones is all about the almighty dollar. He could care less about fans with families. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

So they lost the scuffle AND the game?? Damn. 🤦🏾‍♂️

You seem to always throw negative shade against PNG. I know it hurts that PAM bowed out early in the playoffs. PNG will be back next year. PAM, have to wait and see how the recruiting turns out.  Scalp em INDIANS, Scalp em!

7 minutes ago, NDNWarrior said:

You seem to always throw negative shade against PNG. I know it hurts that PAM bowed out early in the playoffs. PNG will be back next year. PAM, very doubtful. Scalp em INDIANS, Scalp em!

If you take it as such that's on you, but you're wrong. 🤷🏾‍♂️  It's funny you quoted me but not the person who posted the video, now that's hilarious.

And um Memorial will be back next season, you'll get to see them firsthand Week-1 in Port Arthur, that game coincidentally will be a Blackout Game as well. 

Good luck with off-season workouts. 😎

8 minutes ago, NDNWarrior said:

You seem to always throw negative shade against PNG. I know it hurts that PAM bowed out early in the playoffs. PNG will be back next year. PAM, have to wait and see how the recruiting turns out.  Scalp em INDIANS, Scalp em!

😂🤣

6 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Not sure why that is...we wonder that most years regarding the end zone seating...

The 6A D1 crowd IMO was bigger than the PNG-SOC game

In 2014 I was told that it's against UIL rules to allow spectators behind the the FG. I thought that was stupid. It's not like a free throw in basketball where people can distract the shooter to get him to miss. Larry Bird comes to mind. And of course MJ shooting with his eyes closed.

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

In 2014 I was told that it's against UIL rules to allow spectators behind the the FG. I thought that was stupid. It's not like a free throw in basketball where people can distract the shooter to get him to miss. Larry Bird comes to mind. And of course MJ shooting with his eyes closed.

Thats definitely not true because they did open the 1st level end zone Saturday and have opened it in the past

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

At Barbers Hill, our stadium has stands in end zone for the band. Not sure there’s a rule on that.