Port Neches-Groves vs South Oak Cliff - LIVE GAME UPDATES

WOSdrummer99

2 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

I dont "want" the PNG mascot...if that community wants to keep it thats their decision, I'm not a taxpayer there and have no ties there, but it also doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on it, as little as that opinion may factor into the grand scheme of things

I’m sure if PNG was in DFW this wouldn’t be an issue tho. 😉 

I'm also used to alienating fan bases, I do it 17 weeks a year lol 

It appeared you have and do show your DFW bias, but we get it, you’re from that area. H-Town and Golden Triangle is still better, don’t care what you and the rest of Dave Campbell staff says. Remember, we’re what y’all called “crazy people”. 

16 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

It appeared you have and do show your DFW bias, but we get it, you’re from that area. H-Town and Golden Triangle is still better, don’t care what you and the rest of Dave Campbell staff says. Remember, we’re what y’all called “crazy people”. 

We say crazy people with upmost sense of affection.

The DFW bias thing is amusing to me, but I'll entertain it...what examples of DFW bias would you think that I've personally shown? I'm genuinely curious 

29 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

We’re crazy people because we don’t give in the the left to sell magazines and sell stories. WERE NOT THE WOKE!!

16 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

We say crazy people with upmost sense of affection.

The DFW bias thing is amusing to me, but I'll entertain it...what examples of DFW bias would you think that I've personally shown? I'm genuinely curious 

And I am being sincere about asking for examples. I work very hard to cover the entire state and not show bias. But I'm also self aware enough to know that I could have blind spots, so if I have them I'd love to see those examples so I can be better next year

7 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

And I am being sincere about asking for examples. I work very hard to cover the entire state and not show bias. But I'm also self aware enough to know that I could have blind spots, so if I have them I'd love to see those examples so I can be better next year

I don’t share the sentiment that you have any bias or favor one region over the next.   I thought Bally Sports coverage went way over board on the SOC and Duncanville hype.   They didn’t spend that time on PNG or GPNS.  It seemed that’s pretty much all they cared about.   From the pregame segments, to the guys/gals perched above the field.

It was a love fest.   But that comes from the producers, I would guess.

2 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

I don’t share the sentiment that you have any bias or favor one region over the next.   I thought Bally Sports coverage went way over board on the SOC and Duncanville hype.   They didn’t spend that time on PNG or GPNS.  It seemed that’s pretty much all they cared about.   From the pregame segments, to the guys/gals perched above the field.

When in Rome

18 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

DCF has turned HSFB into what ESPN done to College Football. All about $$$$ . They need to start rotating stadiums with Alamodome or NRG. 

Great season INDIANS.  Tough battle.  My take on the game was a great first half.  OC adjusted to what was given to them.  Momentum is always the key.  By the 3rd quarter you guys were wearing down.  Nguin , I can tell was exhausted. Needed some help in the running department.  The interception and losing the QB was a killer.  Thanks for representing the GT and all the crazy people.

Bally sports called the game as if it were a Dallas network.

2 hours ago, PNGFaithful said:

But you’re okay with a photo of a little girl with a Death Row shirt on? Gangster Rap is more of danger to our youth than an Indian Mascot. I know Matt you have to be politically correct and too afraid to upset them. So you have to pick on a little Indian Mascot who doesn’t sing about putting a bullet in someone’s head or saying sexual and degrading things against women. I get it. This country has come so screwed up. You’d be called a racist if you said anything about rap. 

Me personally I wouldn't put my child in it...but not my child so much like with PNG"s mascot my opinion doesnt matter than much in that regard. 

1 hour ago, A BUC 77 said:

Great season INDIANS.  Tough battle.  My take on the game was a great first half.  OC adjusted to what was given to them.  Momentum is always the key.  By the 3rd quarter you guys were wearing down.  Nguin , I can tell was exhausted. Needed some help in the running department.  The interception and losing the QB was a killer.  Thanks for representing the GT and all the crazy people.

Bally sports called the game as if it were a Dallas network.

Yes just like the Duncanville network last night. 

Me personally I wouldn't put my child in it...but not my child so much like with PNG"s mascot my opinion doesnt matter than much in that regard. 

But you support having state at AT&T stadium that is owned by Jerry Jones and gets money from the games? I guess it’s cherry picking?

6 minutes ago, marshman said:

I saw the remarks by coach ward but couldn’t find anything from Mart Stepp. Can anyone share. Link or repeat what he said,

Stepps was subtle with the “ bruh” remark. You would have to search Twitter and determine for yourself. It’s just my opinion, maybe I’m off with the assessment.

37 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

But you support having state at AT&T stadium that is owned by Jerry Jones and gets money from the games? I guess it’s cherry picking?

I honestly don't care where state is played. I'm going to be there regardless. 

Now do I think AT&T Stadium is the best Stadium in Texas for the games? Absolutely, but I'd be fine with a rotation...more hotel points for me.

32 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Stepps was subtle with the “ bruh” remark. You would have to search Twitter and determine for yourself. It’s just my opinion, maybe I’m off with the assessment.

No you're right...IMO it is wild..its a lot...I dont care for it, maybe that's less subtle and clears it up.

But as I've said my personal opinion on the matter isn't important, I'm a big believer in local control when it comes to schools and if that's what PNG wants to do then that's their prerogative...

43 minutes ago, marshman said:

I saw the remarks by coach ward but couldn’t find anything from Mart Stepp. Can anyone share. Link or repeat what he said,

The comments are stupid. There reaching out to a non profit. I guess another lawsuit over what?   But its okay to where Death row shirts. Im still trying to figure out if its death row records or Huntsville. Im not going to protest there shirts and there dance routine. Its not gonna win a Uil competition so each to their own. Im for PNG mascot they shouldn't change there style. Also if you don't like what is said don't support Dave Campbells by buying magazines and listening to the podcast.   

On 12/17/2022 at 9:04 AM, Coach_Izzy said:

They called me crazy for saying this last night…but I’m debating with ppl who really don’t know the game, doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that these ppl are relying solely off talent and are poorly coached 

I understand you are retired and this whole "computer" thing must be very daunting for you.  Just take a peek at your Casio watch and see it's 2022.  You are having debates we guys that have been on this site 15 years.  People like you come and go.  Your just an Old fart in the wind.  Go away!