Port Neches-Groves vs South Oak Cliff - LIVE GAME UPDATES

WOSdrummer99

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Titans been in the weight room since the week after our L to Longview, them kids aint leaving and are on a mission for next season. 

I can't speak for Nederland. 

I think next year will be more of the same in Bulldog land...look at the definition of insanity and that describes Nederland right now

Just got to hotel. Scratching my head why PNG never rolled a safety over to help CB all night. SOC QB just threw it up and their athletes just do their thing. I think rolling a safety over the top would’ve help. SOC rarely was able to get to second level running ball. I would’ve took my chances.

Also,  PMG became too predictable on offense.

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

That would be a far transfer. North Shore is alot closer. Do you think SOC can keep it up  or next year will they be down

Foundation was laid the year before the first ship, it could be said it was laid the year before that honestly.

I expect the winner of Argyle vs SOC pt. 2 to win it all next season in 5A D2. My money is on SOC. 

First off, hats off to SOC.   Players and staff.   What to keep fighting, and show some heart and determination.   Their got their butts physically whipped in the 1st half, and turned the tables.

Great season to PNG.   IMO, that was a winnable game, and they will ask themselves a million “what-ifs”.   3rd and 18 towards the end of the 1st half, that led to the touchdown, changed the whole complexion of the game.   That play, and the ensuing TD pass, gave SOC the momentum they needed.

The moment got too big for PNG, they made uncharacteristic mistakes, and SOC played like the veteran team they are.

All that being said, can’t believe SOC won back-to-back.   They underwhelm me when I watch them.   And I’ll get grief over this, but I think it’s lack of coaching….. mainly on the offensive side of the ball.   Defensively, they are sound.   Unbelievably fast and athletic.   Having 7 D1 kids helps.   Makes you wonder, when they don’t have as much talent, will they look as good?   Offensively, they lack creativity…. Majorly.    It’s basically just, “we are gonna out athlete everyone”.   Big, slow, sloppy offensive line.   Suspect QB, that has freak 6’4” athletes to throw it up too.

PNG just didn’t have the horses to win it, but they competed great.  If they had some athletes in the secondary that coulda matched up with SOC, they woulda won the game.

Great win for SOC, and those kids though. 

6 minutes ago, NDNWarrior said:

This was a very winnable game for PNG. IMO, PNG didn’t make the needed adjustments at halftime. I was not impressed with SOC. However, hats off to them for the win. PNG will be back next year. 

Yes they didn't but then Port Neches became very predictable with how they ran the plays. Then PN has to learn field awareness like you don't take a sack in the end zone. Then the snap over the head he should have tried to kick it instead of giving 2 points easy to them.

2 minutes ago, 09fan said:

Yes they didn't but then Port Neches became very predictable with how they ran the plays. Then PN has to learn field awareness like you don't take a sack in the end zone. Then the snap over the head he should have tried to kick it instead of giving 2 points easy to them.

Completely agree. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I can settle this all right now lmao 🤣😂 

Just like with Port Arthur Memorial someone had a bright idea to create a song before said game and go mini viral: i blame both losses on the songs lmao 😂😂😂😂 

The Oak Cliff song goes hard! Had people in Aledo singing O-A-K-C-L-I-F-F lol. 

53 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

First off, hats off to SOC.   Players and staff.   What to keep fighting, and show some heart and determination.   Their got their butts physically whipped in the 1st half, and turned the tables.

Great season to PNG.   IMO, that was a winnable game, and they will ask themselves a million “what-ifs”.   3rd and 18 towards the end of the 1st half, that led to the touchdown, changed the whole complexion of the game.   That play, and the ensuing TD pass, gave SOC the momentum they needed.

The moment got too big for PNG, they made uncharacteristic mistakes, and SOC played like the veteran team they are.

All that being said, can’t believe SOC won back-to-back.   They underwhelm me when I watch them.   And I’ll get grief over this, but I think it’s lack of coaching….. mainly on the offensive side of the ball.   Defensively, they are sound.   Unbelievably fast and athletic.   Having 7 D1 kids helps.   Makes you wonder, when they don’t have as much talent, will they look as good?   Offensively, they lack creativity…. Majorly.    It’s basically just, “we are gonna out athlete everyone”.   Big, slow, sloppy offensive line.   Suspect QB, that has freak 6’4” athletes to throw it up too.

PNG just didn’t have the horses to win it, but they competed great.  If they had some athletes in the secondary that coulda matched up with SOC, they woulda won the game.

Sums it up pretty well

Great season Indians! Soo proud of y’all! First state appearance since 1999 and with a first year head coach! 
but what the heck was up with the 40 yard line first level?!? It was SO dead. Sections on left and right were all standing and cheering and our section was just sitting and chilling. I mean come on! It was the STATE game! I had guy in front of me sooo mad bc of the crowd lol.

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

They called me crazy for saying this last night…but I’m debating with ppl who really don’t know the game, doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that these ppl are relying solely off talent and are poorly coached 

32 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

They called me crazy for saying this last night…but I’m debating with ppl who really don’t know the game, doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that these ppl are relying solely off talent and are poorly coached 

Coach Todd is a defensive minded coach if you want to knock his offensive staff fine but I'm gonna disagree to say he's not a good coach just look at what SOC was just a few years back 

40 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Yeah ill call you not smart. Back to back 5A state champs, took out 1,2 and 3 ranked opponents... 

1 hour ago, 09fan said:

They've ran same plays all year? They have a simple scheme. Heavy push with 6 OL with massive line

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Just got to hotel. Scratching my head why PNG never rolled a safety over to help CB all night. SOC QB just threw it up and their athletes just do their thing. I think rolling a safety over the top would’ve help. SOC rarely was able to get to second level running ball. I would’ve took my chances.

Also,  PMG became too predictable on offense.

Pngs front 7 are strong. Back 4 got exposed. Offensively they've ran the same way all year. Haven't met much resistance until last night

15 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Coach Todd is a defensive minded coach if you want to knock his offensive staff fine but I'm gonna disagree to say he's not a good coach just look at what SOC was just a few years back 

It’s called recruiting my man…look at DV before Samples got there and look now. Look at what happened to Skyline once Samples left…you think it’s a coincidence that players tend to just magically show up wherever Samples coaches? Lol And guess who Todd coached & played for? It’s not rocket science 

18 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Yeah I’ll call you not smart. Back to back 5A state champs, took out 1,2 and 3 ranked opponents... 

Cause they were more talented than all those opponents…if they weren’t poorly coached the games against Argyle & PNG wouldn’t have been close as they shouldn’t have been. But I’m talking to ppl who are clueless.