South Oak Cliff vs Pt. Neches-Groves

WOSdrummer99

Who wins?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2022 at 01:00 AM

I think the "x-factor" players in this game are: Jayvon Thomas & Billy Walton for SOC and Shea Adams for PNG. 

I've been talking about that Adams kid since the start of the season. If PNG wins it wouldn't be surprising if he made the clinching play, vice versa with the 2 studs for SOC I named. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I think the "x-factor" players in this game are: Jayvon Thomas & Billy Walton for SOC and Shea Adams for PNG. 

I've been talking about that Adams kid since the start of the season. If PNG wins it wouldn't be surprising if he made the clinching play, vice versa with the 2 studs for SOC I named. 

Will be tough to move the ball through the air with that talented secondary too.   I can see SOC playing “0” coverage and loading the box to stop the run.

PNG will throw the kitchen sink at SOC.   That’s how Katy was beaten.   Vandegrift scored on 2 trick plays.    

Like someone said earlier, how can PNG matchup with the size of SOC?

LETS GO INDIANS!!

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I had to google "x-factor" .... "A strong but unpredictable influence."  It could be anybody, offense or defense, or both, or even a special teams player.  It's been this way all season. If I had to pick one, I could easily go along with Shea. But I think that if Cole has a good game then the Indians will win it. If I had to put the game on one guy's shoulders it would be Cole, and I'm praying that he will have a good game this Friday. 

I hope SOC tries to man cover #10 and #18. Also, our LB core is gonna have a good day. SOC doesn't seem to believe in lead blocking. After watching numerous games, if I didn't know records etc and just had to choose from film, I'd play SOC before I played FBM or LBJ again 

Should be a good one! Definitely a winnable game if PNG brings what they are capable of.

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

The X-Factor, IMO, is Gary Joseph, who now has a lot of free time to crunch SOC film and help his son game plan to stop their offensive attack. PNG just picked up a additional assistant coach for this one. I really think this will make the difference. 

I feel pretty good about this game.  PNG is hot rolling into the championship game.  Big crowd will help and that's what they'll have.   It's what it's all about.  SOC is a great team.  If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.  And I think that's what going to happen Friday night.  It's going to take a balanced attack to do it.  Establish the run early along with a good defense and you will win this game.

PNG BY 10 POINTS

23 minutes ago, Bobcatdad said:

Me and my family were Indians up to 3 yrs ago and we moved to Orangefield. My boys have many friends who will be on the field. We are going to take the trip to Dallas and cheer on the Indians. We maybe bobcats but you will never take the Indians out of us!!!

If those boys of yours play football, they don't like you very much right now! LOL. 

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

They are beatable.Lost 2 games I think.Who were they?

Don't think I have seen a team with this much motivation and will as PNG.

14-0 Duncanville by 13, who's set to play in the 6A D1 State championship, 13-2 DeSoto by 1, who's set to play in the 6A D2 state championship game this week.  Their "bad loss" was Lancaster 21-3, who could've easily made a run to state this year as well, but lost a close one in the 3rd round to undefeated Reedy.  It's also worth noting these were SOC's first three games of the season.  I'm rooting for PNG, but their schedule doesn't hold a candle to the one that SOC has played.  SOC also beat Parish Episcopal, who won the TAPPS D1 championship, and beat the likes of Aledo, China Spring, and LBJ Austin this year.  Their playoff run included wins over Dallas area schools Lovejoy, Midlothian Heritage, Melissa, and Argyle.  It could be (reasonably) argued that PNG is the 7th or 8th toughest opponent on SOC's schedule this year.  That said, PNG has been playing incredible football, and they've earned their right to play this game.  While I don't think PNG would've advanced through the side of the bracket that SOC did, they're playing well enough right now that if things go right they can beat anyone.  I'm definitely pulling for them!

Watching PNG last Friday, against LH the QB could thread a needle.  If he’s on this week, SOC will have their hands full.  LH dropped everybody back in coverage except the noseguard it looked like, and still he was completing passes.  SOC may have great coverage but a well thrown pass is almost impossible to stop.

GO INDIANS!  
🪓🪓🪓☠️☠️☠️🥁🥁🥁