Duncanville vs North Shore

monknuk68

48 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I believe Coach Samples is cursed on this stage. I don't think he'll ever beat NS at State, I also don't think he'll ever win a state championship even though he's a great coach. 

I got NS. By double digits. 

Sadly you could be right. I'd love for them to win, but NS hs too many athletes all over the field. The biggest difference in the game vs Westlake was the players ability. NS and AW both have the coaching to get the kids ready to make plays. But NS looked like D1 kids ready to play at the next level.

It's not like NS has dominated Duncanville in any of their games played. They needed a miracle to beat them the first time. Duncanville's all everything quarterback got hurt right before the rematch, and the 3rd game was a close low scoring affair.

I say they finally pull one off. Just barely though. Their running back Durham has been outgaining some of their opponents all by himself. Rushed for another 200 yards last night. Kid could set records if he got the ball enough.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

It's not like NS has dominated Duncanville in any of their games played. They needed a miracle to beat them the first time. Duncanville's all everything quarterback got hurt right before the rematch, and the 3rd game was a close low scoring affair.

I say they finally pull one off. Just barely though. Their running back Durham has been outgaining some of their opponents all by himself. Rushed for another 200 yards last night. Kid could set records if he got the ball enough.

In bold: I thought that was their best chance, that squad was loaded. Hated that Jackson got hurt, the freshman replacement wasn't awful but he couldn't do what Jackson could do. That kid was special. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

In bold: I thought that was their best chance, that squad was loaded. Hated that Jackson got hurt, the freshman replacement wasn't awful but he couldn't do what Jackson could do. That kid was special. 

4 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

I believe that 2018 team was as stacked as Ive seen.. D1 players on top of D1 players. I feel that was D'Ville best chance of winning the title. That NS team was just as talented but young and end up winning on a hail mary!! What A Game!!! 

On 12/11/2022 at 11:02 AM, Tigers94 said:

Tiger you have to pay attention more, the first year we played DV we were on our way to blowing the game open but the refs (Shady Grady & crew) prevented that from happening, don't believe me just go back and check the penalty count if I remember right it was 12 NS penalties to 1 for DV which is laughable. The second year DV's QB Jaquiden Jackson did get hurt however we were without the #1 RB in the country Zach Evans and Shadrach Banks who was an All-American WR. The third year we beat them with a FRESHMAN at Quarterback...so please spare me the excuses.

As far as Durham he's a helluva back, however if you've watched DV they're very one dimensional and their passing game is nonexistent. Also if you've paid attention to NS this year, NO ONE has had success running the ball against (only giving up 47 yards rushing a game). Good luck trying to beat NS being one-dimensional. With that said this could def be a trap game for NS coming off a huge emotional revenge game over Westlake, if they come into the game with a lack of focus or over confident that's the only possible way I could see NS losing this game. 

Not all comparisons are made equal.

NS was up on Woodlands 42-7 at half and Westfield 48-11 at the half. They could have won each of those games by 65 had they wanted.

Duncanville was up 7-3 at half on the Woodlands and got a bit lucky to hold on against Westfield. North Shore putting it on Westlake was the last piece of the puzzle in my mind.

NS by at least 20.