Fort Bend Marshall (21) vs Port Neches-Groves (29) - FINAL

Reagan

The way FBM handled Lake Creek was a big surprise to me.  And I still don't believe those two teams are 37 points apart.  But matchups can be funny things.  Huge credit to Marshall for a brilliant win but I just don't think the spread has much bearing on what happens Friday.

With high school kids the 4th round in December is usually quite different than what happened back in September.  Plus the neutral site will bring the teams closer together.  Seems to me the spread should be more like 9.  And it might just come down to the one that scores last wins.  

As of this morning, only 2300 tickets on the home side have been sold. I find that so hard to believe. I thought PNG would pack both sides with it being 4th round. Prob work schedules and watching online as an option prob have decreased the traveling fan base. 
I live in Houston now but this Bulldog will be there cheering for the Indians! Can’t wait!

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Game is Friday and today is Tuesday. Calm down 😂

Yep. Basically 2300 tickets were sold in the first 24 hours. I know folks that won't commit to go anywhere, much less a Friday night out of town ball game, until at least mid-week.  My guess is that the PNG side of stadium will be nearly full.  

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hey @BMTSoulja1 and Indian fans: I wouldn't mind if Png won this game in similar fashion like what's in this clip. 

Yall remember this. 

This is the hidden content, please

I swear that is your favorite PNG and favorite Central clip all in one… lol

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I swear that is your favorite PNG and favorite Central clip all in one… lol

Yessir. It gives me great joy everytime just knowing @BMTSoulja1 dreads when that clip pops up. 😁

On 11/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, KF89 said:

CalPreps analytics & calculations has Marshall winning by 20pts.

[2022] Thurgood Marshall  (Missouri City, TX)- 34  (88%)  

[2022] Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX)- 14    (12%)

“this game is played by humans, man. It’s not played by computers.”  Jeff Bagwell 

22 hours ago, 1970 said:

Yep. Basically 2300 tickets were sold in the first 24 hours. I know folks that won't commit to go anywhere, much less a Friday night out of town ball game, until at least mid-week.  My guess is that the PNG side of stadium will be nearly full.  

There are several high schools who can't even get 2300 people at every home game combined.

2300 for a high school team in 24 hours is damn good. That's 95.8 tickets an hour.

So what’s changed since the first meeting?  I’ve no idea of injuries or potential changes since then.  Only thing I see is PNG’s schedule.  Being a Pirate fan I haven’t kept up, but looking at that schedule I get the impression the Indian team taking the field Friday is a much improved team over the one in September.  And Friday take a page from the Pirate playbook - keep away.  Long, eat up the clock drives.  FBM can’t score if PNG has the ball.  I’ll find me a purple shirt to put on.  Don’t know the words to Cherokee but I’ve heard it.  Cheered for them in the Astrodome.  Will be cheering for them in my recliner Friday.

One last thing from this Pirate.
Scalp’em Indians, Scalp’em!  
Take that you kneelers at the alter of wokeism.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

So what’s changed since the first meeting?  I’ve no idea of injuries or potential changes since then.  Only thing I see is PNG’s schedule.  Being a Pirate fan I haven’t kept up, but looking at that schedule I get the impression the Indian team taking the field Friday is a much improved team over the one in September.  And Friday take a page from the Pirate playbook - keep away.  Long, eat up the clock drives.  FBM can’t score if PNG has the ball.  I’ll find me a purple shirt to put on.  Don’t know the words to Cherokee but I’ve heard it.  Cheered for them in the Astrodome.  Will be cheering for them in my recliner Friday.

Better yet, come join us in the stands.  It isn't that far!

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Where your Vidor shirt !

On 11/29/2022 at 8:54 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hey @BMTSoulja1 and Indian fans: I wouldn't mind if Png won this game in similar fashion like what's in this clip. 

Yall remember this. 

This is the hidden content, please

Only one of the greatest moments in PN-G history. Such a big deal it gave one of the PN-G fans a heart attack.

(He returned to the stands to watch PN-G's first playoff game the following week, by the way.)