Silsbee (56) vs Cuero (58) - FINAL

wo-s#1

4 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

The constant arguing amingst players after mistakes, throwing of a helmet on the sidelines, 2 coaches arguing, etc...was not good.  As a setx resident with no connection to either school I will state this as I told my buddy during the game, I came here wanting Silsbee to win and the longer this game goes the less I have a vested interest.  Although improved under the "new" regime, until that mess stops Silsbee will continue to do less with more than anyone in Setx. The kids deserve better, including being disciplined. 

I guess i missed all that. But i agree they need to be discipline thats one thing its lacking and starts with coaching

Fellas, Silsbee was two games away from the title game and lost to a very very good Cuero team. That is a great success in 99.9% of the programs in the state. When you get to that level, the little things tend to rear their heads and cause teams to lose. Discipline, heart and experience usually tend to be the difference. Otherwise, we would never see a team like Liberty Hill continue to have the kind of success they have against clearly more athletic programs at this point in the year. Silsbee should celebrate the great year they had and work on fixing the small things that created the difference in the game. As far as experience goes, now they have that. Discipline can be created during the offseason, and heart must be brought by the players. 

14 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Kinda like converting on 4th and 13?

There was plenty of luck going both ways. The fact is that Silsbee had the more athletic team and got beat by a team that adjusted and executed better. 

You know what I didn’t see from Cuero? They didn’t give up 14 points in the first 3 minutes of the second half. They didn’t get a false start in the red zone, get bumped back five yards, then miss a chip shot game winning field goal. They didn’t fail to convert their 2pt try in the third overtime.  Their players weren’t racking up personal fouls and I never saw Gobblers squabbling with other Gobblers… but I did see the Tigers do all of those things. 

Do you know what gifted teams do when they get beaten by inferior teams? They blame “luck.”

Where were you watching the game from? Did you have on rose colored glasses? In your narrow-minded sight, you didn't see the "squabbling" on the Gobblers after a big run that had a penalty that called it back? Late in the game the passion was running high on both sides of the field, on the field and sidelines and there was "squabbling" on both sides. Heck even Tom Brady gets in players faces and "squabbles" when they make a mistake. It happens in every sport, especially when the stakes are that high in the playoffs. Most people that know sports know this "passion" that you play with and would be worried if players didn't show it in a close game. You may not understand this but sometimes when the other team is just as good as you are it's good to have luck and Cuero had more luck than we did. But we all know where you are coming from, you have stated it on here time and time again, anything to bring a team down. 

Do you know what a person whose team cannot win constantly do? They become bitter!  

22 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Where were you watching the game from? Did you have on rose colored glasses? In your narrow-minded sight, you didn't see the "squabbling" on the Gobblers after a big run that had a penalty that called it back? Late in the game the passion was running high on both sides of the field, on the field and sidelines and there was "squabbling" on both sides. Heck even Tom Brady gets in players faces and "squabbles" when they make a mistake. It happens in every sport, especially when the stakes are that high in the playoffs. Most people that know sports know this "passion" that you play with and would be worried if players didn't show it in a close game. You may not understand this but sometimes when the other team is just as good as you are it's good to have luck and Cuero had more luck than we did. But we all know where you are coming from, you have stated it on here time and time again, anything to bring a team down. 

Do you know what a person whose team cannot win constantly do? They become bitter!  

I know another person that is bitter a good WOS friend of mine. He knows who he his. 😉😉😂

15 hours ago, Rob said:

Through the decades Cuero has experienced shooting themselves in the foot many times.   Either team had a good chance at winning it all.  Cuero definitely respects Silsbee football.   Glad to be matching up again.  Hope our region wins it all.

You forgot about the University of Carthage I suppose!

On 12/9/2022 at 12:19 AM, CardinalBacker said:

When was your first one?

Sounding just like a Dallas Cowboys fan. Those titles are rusted bro. Bridge City Football hasn't been relevant for 50 years. A few 2nd round playoff trips here in there is good I guess. Baseball you had success yes, track, and basketball no. Cheers to a 70-6 Tiger win vs Bridge City next year in week 7. 

14 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Sounding just like a Dallas Cowboys fan. Those titles are rusted bro. Bridge City Football hasn't been relevant for 50 years. A few 2nd round playoff trips here in there is good I guess. Baseball you had success yes, track, and basketball no. Cheers to a 70-6 Tiger win vs Bridge City next year in week 7. 

guess you could say you sound like houston texan fan......

On 12/10/2022 at 8:39 PM, BADSANTA said:

Words hurt, bro.