Silsbee (56) vs Cuero (58) - FINAL

wo-s#1

2 hours ago, Mballler#1 said:

That’s alright tigers with pretty much everyone coming back we will be right back here with another chance just keep building from this and you will reach you goal and that so called bad call again Jasper was at Jasper so I don’t really feel bad Jasper’s Coach brought in that officiating crew.

Isn't Brisbane a senior?

You can see the QB (18) knee on the ground and the ball still in his hands. I can see the refs missing a hold, offsides, false starts, even a face mask in a pile of players. This was in the open, clear as day. You've always heard "it's better to be lucky than good". Cuero is dang good, they also got extremely lucky on this play. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c3bf9b21cbbc1c610ba7601e38e0a274.jpeg

23 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You can see the QB (18) knee on the ground and the ball still in his hands. I can see the refs missing a hold, offsides, false starts, even a face mask in a pile of players. This was in the open, clear as day. You've always heard "it's better to be lucky than good". Cuero is dang good, they also got extremely on this play. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c3bf9b21cbbc1c610ba7601e38e0a274.jpeg

Live action i saw his knee down

You could see this coming almost from August.  These two would meet in the quarterfinals and the one that scored last would win.  It was a classic.

It’s not too much of a stretch I think to assert that any team that Cuervo beats we could and would beat.  And any team beats Cuervo could and would beat us.  Based on what I saw today we’re that close.  It’s almost as if the Cuervo kids celebrated a victory over their identical twin.

Funny it seems that its always a call near or at the end of the game that will be questioned that cost the losing team the game. Fact is that bad calls or missed ones are part of the game. Football is an imperfect game, that's why it's played and why we love it. I can't remember how many Cuero games I have left fuming because I felt of a bad call and then show me video or replay of the play and  OMG  I wouldn't sleep the rest of the week. This game was no different. You had two great teams so evenly match that the game could have gone either way. The turning point I felt was when Silsbee had Cuero down 20-7 and seem to let off the gas pedal defensively. I also felt Cuero made better half-time adjustments offensively because neither team could stop the other. Those are my thoughts.  Silsbee has a great team and from the post's great fans, I have no doubt you will be back and if Cuero is not there, I will be pulling for you.  As for now thank you both for one of the most exciting games of the ages. 

10 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Kid played 14 games and might lead the area in tackles, tackles for loss, and up there in sacks. Wouldn't judge a kid by one game sir/ma'am. 

He was by far the  best defensive player all season. Miller was unstoppable. Martin was the work horse. Brisbane best game i seen him play. The field goal kicker i feel bad for. He knows he had one job and it was inches from going in. I hope he has a short memory. Nexr year needs to be all business. Also its time to play defense. They need to hire whoever they can to teach those kids tackle and make adjustments in the game 

1 minute ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

He was by far the  best defensive player all season. Miller was unstoppable. Martin was the work horse. Brisbane best game i seen him play. The field goal kicker i feel bad for. He knows he had one job and it was inches from going in. I hope he has a short memory. Nexr year needs to be all business. Also its time to play defense. They need to hire whoever they can to teach those kids tackle and make adjustments in the game 

The tackle on #2 Williams at the goal line in the 3rd was very bad. Ive never seen Silsbee play special teams this bad. Last week it worried me after Madisonville returned 2 TDs. That game should have been 60-7. 

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

The tackle on #2 Williams at the goal line in the 3rd was very bad. Ive never seen Silsbee play special teams this bad. Last week it worried me after Madisonville returned 2 TDs. That game should have been 60-7. 

Thats the play im talking about it. If silsbee wants to win a state championship they have to change the mindset. WOS was known for there defense in the past until they can play both sides of the ball we will always be 3 to 4 rounds deep.its time to get over the hump to much talent and to athletic to let it happen. 

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee running backs Kevin Martin should have went over a 1100 yards yearday. Im not sure he even had a 100 carries on the season. One of the highest averages 

He has one offer HSU. But having conversations with some D1 coaches.  His future looks bright. Got that info from his family. 

Went to the game… it was a great one. It’s a shame somebody had to go home. 

Silsbee looked like they had better athletes.. Cuero just adjusted and had better play calling in the second half when it counted.  I hate to point at coaching, but some things just rubbed me wrong. Cuero refused to kick to Silsbee’s weapons, but Silsbee kept getting torched on returns. 

Somewhere around the fourth round is where PROGRAMS start to beat good teams… saw the same thing in the PNG game. The more talented team went home. 

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee running backs Kevin Martin should have went over a 1100 yards yearday. Im not sure he even had a 100 carries on the season. One of the highest averages 

Martin had around 27 totes for 225 yds. 2 catches for 31 yds 2 TDs. Best game all season. We can only imagine what he could have had if he got that many rushes all season. His name will be in the WRS conversation. IMO. And by the way he did that playing sick.