Silsbee (56) vs Cuero (58) - FINAL

wo-s#1

3 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Can't really compete with live video stream but for those who listen we,  (SETXsports.com) volunteer broadcasters, will be providing a FREE live audio stream for this game...

Been doing it all year.

#TigerNation

I'll be at the stadium Friday but I listened to all three previous playoff games and I came to really enjoy the broadcast.  The play by play is pretty good considering they are volunteers and I enjoyed the banter as well.  So if you're in the car are somewhere you can't watch I highly recommend tuning in.  

3 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Interestingly Silsbee/Cuero is now on page 7 while PNG/FBM is still on page 4.  More interest?  

Is it too late to reschedule the PNG/FBM game for Friday afternoon at NRG?  Wouldn't that be a treat for folks all over Southeast Texas and the Houston area.

TBH I think there is more interest in this game… PNG and FBM wasn’t much of a game the first time around but maybe it’s different this time.

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I'm sure they will triple team Miller but that will open up some favorable 1 on 1 matches somewhere else. 

Don’t see the triple team…. Their defensive strength is to shoot gaps with LBs stopping the run.

This allows them to have 7 guys attacking run and dropping 4 most plays.

We will have to stop the run and sniff out the screens.  

I think Gobblers is a cool mascot name.  Quirky but fun.  I can't help but think of that famous "WKRP" Thanksgiving episode with my favorite line in all sitcom history,  "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"

But if you have a turkey for a mascot you've got to have a chip on your shoulder.   And Toby the Gobbler certainly has.  He's a tough old bird.  He's been an All American mascot several times.  

According to Massy Ratings Tigers is the second most popular high school mascot with 879 schools using it.  Practically a dime a dozen.  I wonder how many have "The Eye of the Tiger" as their fight song?  The various big cat species are far and away the most popular with Tigers and Lions and Panthers abounding.

By contrast there are only three high schools in America, according to Massey, that have chosen the noble bird as their mascot and Cuero is the only one in Texas.  

10 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Don’t see the triple team…. Their defensive strength is to shoot gaps with LBs stopping the run.

This allows them to have 7 guys attacking run and dropping 4 most plays.

We will have to stop the run and sniff out the screens.  

Yeah they throw that screen to #2 Williams 2-3 times a game.