**COACHING CAROUSEL**

Bobcat1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rumor out of LCM is the next head coach will be the current EC coach, which looks like it would be an absolute horrible choice.  Apparently they never posted the position to their website since the position opened.   Why not post the position to do a complete search to hire the best possible person for a program with the history of success they've had.  Not to mention, the talent.  If I'm recalling correctly from LCM's own JV tournament last year, he was the coach that became belligerent towards his own players and the referees (apparently from some of the EC parents, it is nothing out of the norm).  What has he done at EC?  Looking at past years online, it hasn't looked to good.  Is there more to his background than EC?     

Anybody know if they even looked at anyone else?  

If this hiring is true, it will be a sad day for LCM volleyball.  

1 hour ago, Volleyball Mom said:

Why not post the position to do a complete search to hire the best possible person for a program with the history of success they've had.

^1st Post^

Unfortunately that ship has sailed for some schools and historic programs in the area. I'm surprised LCM wouldn't try to bring in top coaches. Maybe it's bad info.

Also, haven't heard anything about an opening over here. 

On 4/16/2023 at 9:15 PM, Volleyball Mom said:

Rumor out of LCM is the next head coach will be the current EC coach, which looks like it would be an absolute horrible choice.  Apparently they never posted the position to their website since the position opened.   Why not post the position to do a complete search to hire the best possible person for a program with the history of success they've had.  Not to mention, the talent.  If I'm recalling correctly from LCM's own JV tournament last year, he was the coach that became belligerent towards his own players and the referees (apparently from some of the EC parents, it is nothing out of the norm).  What has he done at EC?  Looking at past years online, it hasn't looked to good.  Is there more to his background than EC?     

I’ll bet money by the end of the year LCM will regret running off  the coach they had…. But on the other hand most AD’s don’t give a crap about volleyball anyway! But the difference will be noticeable 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Since it hasn’t been announced I won’t say anything, but I know her personally, she is young, she is hungry and she is competitive. She has coached a super small private school to the state championship I think it’s three years in a row now and has started up a travel team. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t like where she went to HS, but it’s a mid county school. I think she will do good things at Vidor!

On 4/16/2023 at 9:15 PM, Volleyball Mom said:

@Volleyball MomSurely you could take a seriously hard look if not shoe in at the current girls track coach who was previously (bc head volleyball) 

On 4/20/2023 at 6:51 AM, OneChance said:

Since it hasn’t been announced I won’t say anything, but I know her personally, she is young, she is hungry and she is competitive. She has coached a super small private school to the state championship I think it’s three years in a row now and has started up a travel team. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t like where she went to HS, but it’s a mid county school. I think she will do good things at Vidor!

Now that PN-G is open, ya think she will apply there instead.

4 hours ago, Manifest said:

Now that PN-G is open, ya think she will apply there instead.

From what I have been told, the lady potentially being hired at Vidor has no previous HC experience other than a select league she helps run and coaches in.  

I would imagine PNG hires a more established HC, and the lady up for the Vidor job would be smart to take the position in Vidor with no prior HC experience.  But that's just my opinion.