12 Turncoat Senate RINOs Join Democrats in Passing the Perverted “Respect for [HOMOSEXUAL] Marriage Act”!

Reagan

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

they'll also go nowhere if Christians refuse to acknowledge that people can inherently be good, and understand the difference between right and wrong without using the Bible as their guide.  

The Bible will always be my guide.

Again right and wrong was established by GOD

To what standard do you live by????

let’s throw all laws away pretend for a second that we have no laws

now answer this.  Is killing a baby right or wrong?

Are these inherently good people murdering babies?

21 minutes ago, mat said:

By what morally authoritative measure do we determine murder, theft, drug or alcohol abuse, incest, etc. are wrong? Man's wisdom? Right and wrong has to start somewhere above our own human conscience. As I said earlier, believer or non-believer, we will have the opportunity to explain our case before God all mighty. Do you think you will be so confident at that time?

No, because I'm every bit as confident that that time won't come as you are that it will.  I have nothing against Christianity.  My wife and kids go to church, and I encourage them to go.  They enjoy it, which I think is great.  I do take exception when certain good Christians use their religion as a weapon against select sins, all the while living their own sinful lifestyles without a care in the world.  My kids won't be like that.  That will be the only teaching regarding religion that I will impart on them as their father.  

11 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

The Bible will always be my guide.

Again right and wrong was established by GOD

To what standard do you live by????

let’s throw all laws away pretend for a second that we have no laws

now answer this.  Is killing a baby right or wrong?

Are these inherently good people murdering babies?

I live by right and wrong.  I live a better life and have done more for more people that your average Christian.  I have no issue with you holding your beliefs, but you're not going to force them on me any more than you're going to let me force mine on you.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

No, because I'm every bit as confident that that time won't come as you are that it will.  I have nothing against Christianity.  My wife and kids go to church, and I encourage them to go.  They enjoy it, which I think is great.  I do take exception when certain good Christians use their religion as a weapon against select sins, all the while living their own sinful lifestyles without a care in the world.  My kids won't be like that.  That will be the only teaching regarding religion that I will impart on them as their father.  

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Humans sin.  So therefore let’s just let all the sins run free.

7 hours ago, mat said:

I'm no history buff, however it would be hard for our deeply religious founding leaders to not lead with Christian values. The signs are there, In God we Trust, So help me God, Ten Commandments in government buildings, etc. All of which are slowly being removed. Depends on who we listen to.

The 10 Commandments are part of all Abrahamic beliefs or what is sometimes called The Three Great Religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

The video, while probably factually correct, is nonsense.

For example, an Italian explorer was hired by a Spanish Queen to sail west and he was a Catholic like virtually every person in Italy. So 500 years ago, 300 years before the US Constitution was written, an Italian hired by Spain prayed on his arrival in the Indies and that is proof of Christianity in the US founding? Two countries that ended up having no part in the founding of the US?

The guide points out paintings on the wall depicting events from the 1600s? If nothing else from his explanation you might conclude that the US was founded as a Catholic nation. I wonder how that will be perceived by the protestants. Sorry Baptists, this is a Catholic nation!

But wait! A president was a preacher! Of course that was 100 years after the founding of the US but let’s ignore that for now. I guess Jimmy Carter is evidence that the nation and the presidents were founded on peach farming. 

The Founding Fathers were deeply religious…. and rejected relgion as any kind of requirement for laws or office. Were stealing, lying, murdering, etc., mentioned in the 10 Commandments as well as common law through world history? Absolutely. I will bet you find that other kingdoms in Asia and Africa who did not practice Christianity, had the same common laws 

9 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

The 10 Commandments are part of all Abrahamic beliefs or what is sometimes called The Three Great Religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

The video, while probably factually correct, is nonsense.

For example, an Italian explorer was hired by a Spanish Queen to sail west and he was a Catholic like virtually every person in Italy. So 500 years ago, 300 years before the US Constitution was written, an Italian hired by Spain prayed on his arrival in the Indies and that is proof of Christianity in the US founding? Two countries that ended up having no part in the founding of the US?

The guide points out paintings on the wall depicting events from the 1600s? If nothing else from his explanation you might conclude that the US was founded as a Catholic nation. I wonder how that will be perceived by the protestants. Sorry Baptists, this is a Catholic nation!

But wait! A president was a preacher! Of course that was 100 years after the founding of the US but let’s ignore that for now. I guess Jimmy Carter is evidence that the nation and the presidents were founded on peach farming. 

The Founding Fathers were deeply religious…. and rejected relgion as any kind of requirement for laws or office. Were stealing, lying, murdering, etc., mentioned in the 10 Commandments as well as common law through world history? Absolutely. I will bet you find that other kingdoms in Asia and Africa who did not practice Christianity, had the same common laws 

As I said, I’m no history buff. However, our country continues to veer away from Christian values and (my opinion) head deep per into moral decline. For those that like the direction we are going then just sit back and enjoy the ride because the best/worst is yet to come. If you don’t like the direction the country is going, can we just blame it on politics? No, it’s bigger than that.

3 minutes ago, mat said:

As I said, I’m no history buff. However, our country continues to veer away from Christian values and (my opinion) head deep per into moral decline. For those that like the direction we are going then just sit back and enjoy the ride because the best/worst is yet to come. If you don’t like the direction the country is going, can we just blame it on politics? No, it’s bigger than that.

What is this Christian value that others don’t have. 

5 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I see the difference. 

Im referencing her law comment.

stealing and murder laws came in the beginning so yes our laws are based on it.

GOD invented law as well as marriage.

these conversations will go no where if people don’t believe 

It doesn't matter. The USA abides by the Constitution, which says we have freedom of religion. You can't force anyone to be a Christian. 

The belief that the country was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs, values or principles I believe is a fallacy. Religious? Absolutely.

I believe that all countries until fairly recent history were based on faith and sin such as theft, murder, lying, adultery, etc. all had religious roots. But did non-Christian countries have the same beliefs? What distinguishes Christians believing that murder was wrong and Buddhists thinking it was wrong? 

Were the members of the Continental Congress deeply religious? Almost certainly. They mentioned it in writings. 

The US until independence was mostly governed by laws of France, Spain and Britain. There was no American law. There wasn’t an independent country of God worshipping people but rather several colonies who had different beliefs but certainly most were Christian. At declared independence and before the Constitution we were still a bunch of independent colonies and nothing like we now claim as a nation. 

The Boston Massacre in 1770 kind of kicked the call for independence. It really heated up in 1773 with the Boston Tea Party and hit the point of no return on April 19, 1775 with the shot heard ’round the world in Lexington. We however, were still part of Britain. It was over a year later before we even got around to declaring independence and declaring to become a separate country. With the Treaty of Paris in 1783, the war officially ended. There was still no Constitution creating what is our now country. 

The Constitution get ratified and become law in 1789, 13 years after independence was declared. Then the Bill of Rights almost 3 years later,  like a week or two before 1793.
So it took almost 20 years from the beginning of the Revolutionary War to the US actually being founded as a federal constitutional government. 

And why does the history lesson matter? Because in the Treaty of Tripoli in 1793 (and right after the Bill of Rights became law) which was agreed to by George Washington and with unanimous consent of the Senate, in one section stated, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion”.

So within a few weeks after ratification of the Bill of Rights noting very first freedom of religion, President Washington and the US Senate unanimously approved a treaty that said that the American government was not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.

To emphasize that, the very first words in the Bill of Rights was not freedom of speech or assembly or the press. Nope, the first words were freedom of religion… started as Congress shall make no law.

It would be a disgrace to Christianity that people were told by a country to be that. It trivializes Christianity into a political debate.

Never ever did I suggest forcing religion or Christianity on anyone. Earlier you ask what Christian values I was talking about. Marriage between a man and woman, abortion, the Bible and prayer in schools, the list goes on. Or course you already know this so I’m not sure why you ask the question unless it’s to further the debate.

On 12/2/2022 at 2:55 PM, bullets13 said:

I hate that; as well.

I will never in my life understand why conservatives are constantly thinking and worried about what gay people are doing in the bedroom.

And this is coming from the supposed party of personal freedoms and limited (if any) government overreach.

This, in combination with conservatives crying that twitter blocked hunter Biden penis pictures, really does make ya wonder 🌈 

21 minutes ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

I will never in my life understand why conservatives are constantly thinking and worried about what gay people are doing in the bedroom.

And this is coming from the supposed party of personal freedoms and limited (if any) government overreach.

This, in combination with conservatives crying that twitter blocked hunter Biden penis pictures, really does make ya wonder 🌈 

You seem more infatuated with that more than anyone here

27 minutes ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

OMG!!!   This describes YOU, Big Girl, UT Alum, Boys in Da Hood and Cardinalbacker to a T!! 

A MUST WATCH!!

9 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 11/30/2022 at 6:29 AM, 5GallonBucket said:

And people wonder why we now are dealing with this trans crap and kids/adults acting like furries and peeing and pooping in litter boxes…..

gays rights is what opened Pandora s box.

We now have pedophiles being renamed

its all connected

up next people marrying their pets which leads to beastiality.

go ahead you naysayers. Slippery slope has already been proven. Undisciplined Idiots

And here you go.  In front of a Church no less.  And there’s those that deny Satan is alive and well?  He’s got us by the short hairs.

This is the hidden content, please

On 12/4/2022 at 2:19 PM, DonTheCon2024 said:

Do I disagree with it YES I do. If they want to do it in the confinement of their home…fine…..have at it, but we don’t need it plastered everywhere nor make laws to increase such behavior…..and yes it does influence people especially kids when it’s in commercials cartoons etc etc. media has helped this movement.  And that goes for many immoral acts.

How bout asking GOD if he cares.

what standard are we suppose to live by …..are we going to continue to create laws for anything and everything it’s already happened and has increased with other abominable acts. 

Gay people have been around for a long time so why now are we creating laws…. it’s led to other ridiculousness…..trans.  Let’s take this 5 year old and turn him into a girl because he plays with a Barbie with his sister.  
what’s next?  
saying yes to everything is really a tale tale sign that you don’t care about people but in today’s society saying “no” will get you shunned and labeled so weak minded undisciplined people fall into saying “yes”

todays youth are so confused no wonder suicide is the second leading cause of death.

so let me ask you again are you for anything and everything? 

On 12/4/2022 at 2:19 PM, DonTheCon2024 said:

So you are so ignorant of the facts here that you think the Twitter situation was about Hunter pictures? 

😂😂😂