Harmony  34     El. Fields 14   
Harmony   51     Queen City 0     
Harmony   28     Waskom  26      
Harmony   21     Daingerfield  48   
Harmony  25      New Waverly 20    
Harmony  37.     Hooks 23.  
Harmony 38.      W Rusk 35

If we play like we are capable we should win by 21+     
I think Poth will beat Tidehaven In a close game. Poth is good but we are capable of beating them. You have to be good and have a little luck to get to state.
Gunter will probably make it to state but Canadian may have something to say about that.

12 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

They’re a pretty good team who played a tough schedule pre-district.  They’ve squeaked by a couple of teams in the playoffs.  Newton is pretty fortunate to end up with this matchup this deep. 

I was surprised their game with Daingerfield was as close as it was. I think this will be a close ballgame too. I hope they don't overlook Harmony. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I was surprised their game with Daingerfield was as close as it was. I think this will be a close ballgame too. I hope they don't overlook Harmony. 

This game was only this close because of some un timely penalties 1 off the top of my head we had a long run all the way down to the 11 and got it called back probably a score there and I know of 3 fumbles we lost and a couple of them were good runs and fumbles at the end of the play…. If we play clean football and take care of it we will be just fine…. The d fence is doing there thing just keep it up 

11 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I think Poth will beat Tidehaven In a close game. Poth is good but we are capable of beating them. You have to be good and have a little luck to get to state.
Gunter will probably make it to state but Canadian may have something to say about that.

Not to mention Holliday. From a cursory look, they seem to be  pretty stout. I guess we’ll see. I’d like to from someone who knows.

11 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

This is funny, I used to be a big fan of Poth, and Falls City in the early 70’s when I lived in South Texas. I Don’t know about now, but back then those kids were descendants of the German and Bohemian Community and were tough as nails, and raised very well That would be a good ballgame.

Go🦅

13 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Daingerfield beat harmony by 4 touchdowns.  If Newton plays even a pretty good game they’ll be fine.  But like you said, if they overlook them, anything can happen.  A 3-7 team only gave up 7 points in regulation and took cuero to OT in the first round, so you can never take anyone too lightly once you make the playoffs.

19 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Remember, they just beat no. 6 W Rust.

Harmony is about to throw the whole play book at the eagles friday. I watched thier game against WR, they are capable of making big plays, they have some hogmollys up front and run a big back at times, QB looks to make good reads and is not bad, Newton needs to turn them upsidedown early. NEWTON BY 21

On 11/27/2022 at 5:00 PM, purpleeagle said:

Calpreps computer projections.   

canadian over wall by 3.  31/28      
newton over Harmony by 21  42/21   
gunter over holiday by 24   31/7    
poth over tidelands by 7  31/24   

When the computer projects a team to win by 21 that prediction is right 90% of the time. But there is that remote chance that a blind hog like ( ykw ) can find an acorn.

A turn over here or there, a kick off or a punt returned for a TD, can change a game in a heartbeat. They play the game for a reason. It’s to late in the year to take anybody lightly. There are only eight teams in each division still playing football. They got there by winning games. Everybody still playing are good, can’t go off of previous games. Every game is different. Let’s go Eagles. Win or go home, there is no second chance. Play your best.