Silsbee (56) vs Cuero (58) - FINAL

wo-s#1

12 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Their offense scores a lot and quick,that puts them in a lot of games 

Only thing is they haven’t played anyone this year close to the caliber of those teams I mentioned earlier. They are well coached and run a great offensive scheme for sure though.

One of the best quarterfinal matchups of the week, IMO.   Cuero has the athletes to matchup with Silsbee, although Miller will be the best player on the field.

I think Cuero’s line play will be a little better.

I’m hoping Silsbee wins, but think Cuero wins by a field goal or less.   

10 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

One of the best quarterfinal matchups of the week, IMO.   Cuero has the athletes to matchup with Silsbee, although Miller will be the best player on the field.

I think Cuero’s line play will be a little better.

I’m hoping Silsbee wins, but think Cuero wins by a field goal or less.   

For sure!. Silsbee can win this game, Their QB will need to keep his team poised, and not let his important role players start talking smack. Keep them focused they will win. The Gobblers will bring a big fan base and they will be loud.

I think this years Silsbee team differs quit a bit from the 2018 team that played Cuero. Silsbee's offense is better over all at the WR spots and the QB is more seasoned. Foster was a sophomore where Brisbane is a senior. The backfield was better that year but the WRs this year make up for that. I think the 2018 Tiger secondary was better but this years defense overall is better. The pass rush and DL for sure. Silsbee doesn't have as many kids playing both ways. If Silsbee is to beat Cuero, the key will be to stop the running of #2 and that QB zone read. They passes well but I would say their run 1st. The other keys to winning this game will be cutting down on penalties and  freaking special teams. Silsbee needs 1st team defense out there on special teams. Hamshire-Fannett played Cuero tough for 3 qtrs. They gave up 20 in the 4th I believe. 

Does SISD have Friday off? 

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think this years Silsbee team differs quit a bit from the 2018 team that played Cuero. Silsbee's offense is better over all at the WR spots and the QB is more seasoned. Foster was a sophomore where Brisbane is a senior. The backfield was better that year but the WRs this year make up for that. I think the 2018 Tiger secondary was better but this years defense overall is better. The pass rush and DL for sure. Silsbee doesn't have as many kids playing both ways. If Silsbee is to beat Cuero, the key will be to stop the running of #2 and that QB zone read. They passes well but I would say their run 1st. The other keys to winning this game will be cutting down on penalties and  freaking special teams. Silsbee needs 1st team defense out there on special teams. Hamshire-Fannett played Cuero tough for 3 qtrs. They gave up 20 in the 4th I believe. 

Yes School is out Friday for the game..👍

1 minute ago, Mballler#1 said:

Yessir I was at that game against El Campo Silsbee beat the Ricebirds 28-7 after beating Carthage the game before 41-26 that was a very Solid Tigers team they barely lost to La Marque in the State quarterfinals that year.

Yes!!! I was there as well day after Thanksgiving at 6pm I believe. Dayton lost to La Marque thr game before Silsbee played. Great times!!! 

33 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

7-14-6-12 Cuero scoring per quarter

The entire game is on the Cuero YouTube Channel “Cuero ISD Live” if anyone wants to see it  and truthfully it wasn’t as close as the score even indicates.🤷‍♂️ Truth… I’m not going to sugarcoat what happened Friday. HF was beat in every aspect of the game and if Cuero would of cleaned up the penalties it could have been a much higher score for the Gobblers and HF may have scored once 

29 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

7-14-6-12 Cuero scoring per quarter

The entire game is on the Cuero YouTube Channel “Cuero ISD Live” if anyone wants to see it  and truthfully it wasn’t as close as the score even indicates.🤷‍♂️ Truth… I’m not going to sugarcoat what happened Friday. HF was beat in every aspect of the game and if Cuero would of cleaned up the penalties it could have been a much higher score for the Gobblers and HF may have scored once 

Hamshire-Fannett had a ton of penalties early as well.