Silsbee (56) vs Cuero (58) - FINAL

wo-s#1

2 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Easy now…have you seen a team called Carthage or Wimberley for that matter,or Cuero for that matter,they’re all pretty dang good 

For some reason I thought Carthage was in large 4A division again, my bad. Cuero is good however, I think Silsbee has a lot of weapons to match whom ever Cuero puts on the field. What I observed last night with Silsbee is that they have a guy who wears #1 and he is an all American IMO. Most of the first quarter he just watched what Madisonville was running, and scoping out their defense. Then he came in the game and basically took over. Silsbee has a MVP in their QB, I just believe that they can beat anyone at this point.  Just MO

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to Silsbee vs Cuero, **NRG - Friday @1:30***
8 minutes ago, Who That said:

I'm going say this Silsbee has had to adapt to play their last 4 games they have played do to wheater.! Witch they have done very well. But this Friday Silsbee will be able to play Silsbee football. This is going to be fun go Tigers.! #9 #TigerNation 🐅🏈🤗

Witch?  Silsbee has a witch?  Awesome!!  

57 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Game is not played for the fans. That's not a high priority this time of the year. Got to do what's best for your TEAM (not necessarily the fans) in order to advance.

Not sure why it's ridiculous. The stadium is being practiced on and prepped on Saturday before a Sunday game. Particularly after having two high school games played on it the night before.

Folks should know this.

It’s amazing how the Astrodome held three playoff games on Saturday with a game on Sunday. 

52 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Game is not played for the fans. That's not a high priority this time of the year. Got to do what's best for your TEAM (not necessarily the fans) in order to advance.

Not sure why it's ridiculous. The stadium is being practiced on and prepped on Saturday before a Sunday game. Particularly after having two high school games played on it the night before.

Folks should know this.

I have no problem with the coaches decision to play out of the weather and yes they have to do whats best for their teams.  But to say the game is not played for the fans,  while it may be true in some ways,  is definitely misleading.  Too much money is made from these games to say that.  They may not be the priority but they do and should play a part in this.  Not just for the money but for the kids.  Yes maybe most parents and those who matter will be able to attend but it is a big deal for those kids whose parents cant attend.  I can remember what its like to be able to see your family in the stands and can remember teammates who didnt have that feeling of support.  

The only common opponent 

Silsbee 35, Hamshire-Fannett 28

Cuero 39, Hamshire-Fannett 14 

This is going to be a good one for sure. I’m not sure who watched any of the Cuero game last night but HF got a taste of what our defense is like and they got to meet our all state linebacker quite a few times in the backfield. I got the Gobblers taking this one by 7 

2 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

The only common opponent 

This is going to be a good one for sure. I’m not sure who watched any of the Cuero game last night but HF got a taste of what our defense is like and they got to meet our all state linebacker quite a few times in the backfield. I got the Gobblers taking this one by 7 

Well you just remember the name Mr. WILLIAMS..! Silsbee wins.👍

15 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

The only common opponent 

It's all about match ups.

First mistake is to base anything off common opponents.

23 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I have no problem with the coaches decision to play out of the weather and yes they have to do whats best for their teams.  But to say the game is not played for the fans,  while it may be true in some ways,  is definitely misleading.  Too much money is made from these games to say that.  They may not be the priority but they do and should play a part in this.  Not just for the money but for the kids.  Yes maybe most parents and those who matter will be able to attend but it is a big deal for those kids whose parents cant attend.  I can remember what its like to be able to see your family in the stands and can remember teammates who didnt have that feeling of support.  

Seems the coaches don't mind if some parents miss the game.

Both agreed on the time.

Coach Smith is a great guy and is always appreciative of the support. He's doing what's best for his team.

We have to base it off something unless we base it off our last meeting and I know y’all don’t want that. Like I said its going to be a good one and I have confidence in the Gobblers. This town is like WOS as far as tradition and Texas High School Football History as both are cemented into that category. This isn’t one of those open enrollment schools like PG or Wimberley all these young men are home grown that have been waiting to wear that Kelly Green. They know what it means when they put on that uniform. Im confident that they will give Silsbee all they want and then some. Either way I believe Region 3 will be well represented in the semi’s… Gobblers roll by 7 

1 hour ago, wo-s#1 said:

Easy now…have you seen a team called Carthage or Wimberley for that matter,or Cuero for that matter,they’re all pretty dang good 

I don’t think Wimberley is that amazing. I mean I’d imagine they aren’t bad but imo not the same tier as Carthage, Silsbee, or Cuero 

28 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

The only common opponent 

Who don’t remember that young man, he was amazing. Silsbee has a young man Miller who is just as good or better. JMO! I watched your game last night your team is good, I believe your team will keep it close for a while, but the Tigers they are clicking  not with just  a couple of players they are loaded. Look I am WOS4life, but I also give credit when it is due; Silsbee is a very good football team and they are not sneaking up on teams, they are balling.

31 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

The only common opponent 

Yes sir Silsbee has one of those in #40 Mr Williams and he has some big friends who are mean 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

We have to base it off something unless we base it off our last meeting and I know y’all don’t want that. Like I said its going to be a good one and I have confidence in the Gobblers. This team is like WOS as far as tradition and Texas High School Football History as both are cemented into that category. This isn’t one of those open enrollment schools like PG or Wimberley all these young men are home grown that have been waiting to wear that Kelly Green. They know what’s expected of them when they put on that uniform. Im confident that they will give Silsbee all they want and then some. Either way I believe Region 3 will be well represented in the semi’s… Gobblers roll by 7 

#2 for Cuero and the QB are the 2 play makers it seems. The game 5o study is the Cuero 1st round playoff game and the CC Calallen game.